• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Sorry is posted elsewhere. Good little breakdown.

The announcer thinks K9 should be able to step it up with the loss of Tranq...hope he's right, but not a given...the addition of Kendricks and the drafting of Henley should certainly help...now we'll see...which of the three...make their case for more PT...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

KVN himself said (or implied) that the team didn't want him back, and wanted to go younger. My point was why WASN'T KVN being considered as a backup (other than the stated age thing)? His numbers almost matched Mack's - for 1/10 the cost (probably), a guy you know understands the system, proven productive (as a backup), strong leader, former SB champ . . . . . . . but we're going to go another way - go younger?? Which 'younger' guy is out there who can give us what KVN can?

I'm just confused by management's decision making process here - I would have thought KVN (at the same salary as last year) would have been a slam dunk . . . . . . 90% of Mack's production for 1/10 of Mack's cost - talk about weird . . . . . . particularly considering how needy we are at the backup edge position - is this a special teams thing?
      Complaining about KM or JB salary is like complaining about the rain. It is, it’s done, it is baked into the team cap for 2023 and continuing to bitch about it is a waste of time and ink.

It has nothing to do with sign KVN or not sign KVN discussion, its completely irrelevant to the next decision. I said KVN was ok but there are other edge players out there in FA and why isn’t anyone talking about any of them. You guys talk about KVN being critical to 2022 defense, you don’t remember how many times you posted about how bad that defense was? He was a “key part” of the near-worst rush defense in the league last year, wasn’t he? I like him, i think he’s ok, i disagree he’s the indispensable vital key missing piece that will doom the season and you don’t need to badger me for not agreeing with you. We’ve both said what we think - no reason for another 20 back and forth posts repeating this shit again, eh?

As to James, yeah I know about the thread. I know about your opinion. And you know about mine. And here we go yet again, let’s drive another 20 posts about your opinion that a pro bowl player isn’t good. I don’t care where you or others post it, it’s weird that now you gotta throw James into a discussion of KVN. WTF does a safety have to do with a backup edge player, you want KVN to play safety? But ok, I’ll reply. it’s also still weird that you think a pro bowl player isn’t elite. Velo wrote 10 pages that said it doesnt matter if he’s a pro bowl player because Kelce got one critical TD catch in one game and damnit he disappointed Velo. I disagree that is a proper measure. Pro Bowl actually is an widely accepted definitions of elite. Go ahead and think what you think about James, go ahead and interject your disappointment in him into every non-James thread in the entire fucking TPB.

but the Charger players, Charger coaches, and the entire voting league disagree with you. And so do I. Derwin James is elite and a bad ass player.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Complaining about KM or JB salary is like complaining about the rain. It is, it’s done, it is baked into the team cap for 2023 and continuing to bitch about it is a waste of time and ink.

It has nothing to do with sign KVN or not sign KVN discussion, its completely irrelevant to the next decision. I said KVN was ok but there are other edge players out there in FA and why isn’t anyone talking about any of them. You guys talk about KVN being critical to 2022 defense, you don’t remember how many times you posted about how bad that defense was? He was a “key part” of the near-worst rush defense in the league last year, wasn’t he? I like him, i think he’s ok, i disagree he’s the indispensable vital key missing piece that will doom the season and you don’t need to badger me for not agreeing with you. We’ve both said what we think - no reason for another 20 back and forth posts repeating this shit again, eh?

As to James, yeah I know about the thread. I know about your opinion. And you know about mine. And here we go yet again, let’s drive another 20 posts about your opinion that a pro bowl player isn’t good. I don’t care where you or others post it, it’s weird that now you gotta throw James into a discussion of KVN. WTF does a safety have to do with a backup edge player, you want KVN to play safety? But ok, I’ll reply. it’s also still weird that you think a pro bowl player isn’t elite. Velo wrote 10 pages that said it doesnt matter if he’s a pro bowl player because Kelce got one critical TD catch in one game and damnit he disappointed Velo. I disagree that is a proper measure. Pro Bowl actually is an widely accepted definitions of elite. Go ahead and think what you think about James, go ahead and interject your disappointment in him into every non-James thread in the entire fucking TPB.

but the Charger players, Charger coaches, and the entire voting league disagree with you. And so do I. Derwin James is elite and a bad ass player.

Just found this link:

Ngouye, Floyd, Frank Clark for Edge Depth

DB: JJ3 or Callahan

OL depth: Risner is a better player than Jaimes is

Not saying the Chargers should sign all of them -- but they can sign a guy for 4m and a guy for 2 to 2.5m pretty easily with their current cap situation and still have enough for the PS and In-Season Slush fund

Top 101 NFL free agents of 2023: DeAndre Hopkins, Yannick Ngakoue among best available

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The announcer thinks K9 should be able to step it up with the loss of Tranq...hope he's right, but not a given...the addition of Kendricks and the drafting of Henley should certainly help...now we'll see...which of the three...make their case for more PT...
          Kendricks will play the most based on the green dot. His hire was about leadership skills and is projected to make the calls that make everyone better on defense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
            There's an entire thread about James not performing up to his contract value - which In my opinion is correct. It's my opinion, shared by others - nothing weird about it, just a disagreement
            There are about 4 of ya who share that opinion.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• C’monchargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kendricks will play the most based on the green dot. His hire was about leadership skills and is projected to make the calls that make everyone better on defense.
              As far as Kendrick, I wouldn’t be surprise when the year ends he is the primary coverage linebacker. He can hold the line on the run, solidify the line of scrimmage a bit but make no mistake, guy is an absolute force in coverage. Which brings Henley, he hasn’t play a down yet in NFL and who knows how it would pan out, but I would imagine if he can do what he does in college along the LOS and free Kendrick to cover; the entire middle behind the DL would be vastly benefitted.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are about 4 of ya who share that opinion.
                You should go back and read that thread. There's more than four. There's at least as many who share that opinion as there are those who are bromancing with DJ like yourself. :~)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You should go back and read that thread. There's more than four. There's at least as many who share that opinion as there are those who are bromancing with DJ like yourself. :~)
                  There arent as many. And i dont have a bromance with Derwin. I just understand the game better than you do. You replied to dmac that you are usually right which isnt true. Id give ya maybe 50/50.
                  Its funny you even say that because you are the biggest Homer on this forum which is why you are imo 50/50.

Thats not a bad thing but you wont usually even acknowledge the shortcomings of players but are bagging on Derwin when pumping up Carter last season. Its just surprising.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Id give ya maybe 50/50.
                    About what I'd give you as well. And you do have a bromance going with DJ. It's OK to admit it. :~) Nothing to be ashamed of. It just affects your judgment when it comes to evaluating James' play in relation to his contract.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

but are bagging on Derwin when pumping up Carter last season.
                      The only thing I said about Carter is that he was a good value signing. They got a lot out of him for the money he was earning last season. When the top of the WR corps was decimated by injury he stepped in and made a few plays, he did more than was expected of him. He was signed to be the KR and No. 5 WR. He ended up playing the same number of snaps as MW and more that Keenan or Everett for that matter. Only Palmer played more snaps. Carter had 46 catches for 538 yds. He scored 3 TDs and converted 29 1st downs. His catch rate was 71%. Additionally, he was second in the league in average yards per punt return. He did all that on a $1.135 mil contract. So yeah, I do tend to talk up the little guy who overachieves, who plays beyond his physical size and expectations and his contract.

James, on other hand, is the highest paid safety in football and last season did not demonstrate he is worth $20 mil per season.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Animated GIF

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

The only thing I said about Carter is that he was a good value signing. They got a lot out of him for the money he was earning last season. When the top of the WR corps was decimated by injury he stepped in and made a few plays, he did more than was expected of him. He was signed to be the KR and No. 5 WR. He ended up playing the same number of snaps as MW and more that Keenan or Everett for that matter. Only Palmer played more snaps. Carter had 46 catches for 538 yds. He scored 3 TDs and converted 29 1st downs. His catch rate was 71%. Additionally, he was second in the league in average yards per punt return. He did all that on a $1.135 mil contract. So yeah, I do tend to talk up the little guy who overachieves, who plays beyond his physical size and expectations and his contract.

James, on other hand, is the highest paid safety in football and last season did not demonstrate he is worth $20 mil per season.
                          We heard what you think bro. We get it.
                          the dude your opinion GIF

Comment

Working...
                          X