• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

It looks like its going to take some good coaching and drafting to win over 9 games this season looking at our schedule! Either way its a win win because if things go south this year, we could bring in someone like Jim Harbaugh to right the bolt ship with some prime draft picks!
    think if we do end up w/the exChargers QB, that we might well have the best HC in the division, and.... by then JH will have made some real gains toward the best QB in the division....

Jim 'n Justin.... just sayin'
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Thought I'd add a couple of videos to convert other members...I think the guy is a top 15 pick and the tape don't lie for his sophomore and junior seasons....

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        I like the pick.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Just saw a bit of Myles Murphy: okay, it was highlights.

I really like him. Big guy who plays with long arms and has a burst.

I think he'll be a guy who can beat OTs a variety of ways.
          the more of this draft - there is only one player worth taking at 21 - and thats Bijan
          All the rest of these are not standing out
          and it could be a draft where at 21 you pick a guy that really is closer to 2nd round than true solid first round

trade back - surprise us Tommy

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Let the draft come to you. Trade back and stick to your board. As to Nolan Smith and Darnell Washington we just hired a guy from that school we will have inside info on both as to what they can do what they can't do or don't and their potential.
            i would be fine with trading back a little and taking Washington, no health issues, great blocker for run game, and i think will develop into a better receiving weapon than some think.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Soooo, you didn't read my follow up? I'm not making any predictions at least until I see the team in action on the field. It was a tongue and cheek response for
              getting Washington the 1st round. I'm not up to that.

In fact I wouldn't take any TE in this class in the 1st. Mayer and Kincaid in the 2nd works for me. Washington in the 3rd. Bowers yes, but next year, thus my comments.
              Washington is definitely unproven as a receiver. He may turn out to be the best of the bunch. He certainly has the physical and athletic make up. But we have no way of knowing if he can get separation against NFL defenses and what he'll be like if/when he hears footsteps.

Now some guys would take Washington in the 2nd. I would skip simply because we have Everett and I don't believe Washington will be better than Everett in his first year, plus we have other needs.
              Washington is massive, a great kid, and a great blocker but I don’t want the next marcedes lewis, I want a guy that can cut and run routes and if his blocking is just okay, that’s fine with me, we need that guy that can open the middle of the field for RBs not by blocking but by posing a threat that teams have to account for…I think mayer is best overall TE, he might not be the best pure route runner or the best blocker, but he’s the most well rounded for sure, plus as a catcher of the football dude makes huge clutch plays…I like about 5 TEs in this draft and none of them are named washington…watch, I’ll be completely wrong and washington ends up being the next antonio gates, LOL…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Thought I'd add a couple of videos to convert other members...I think the guy is a top 15 pick and the tape don't lie for his sophomore and junior seasons....

Murphy is Bruce Smith’s illegitimate child, the kid moves like smith, he's built like smith, he’s a fucking beast, and like smith he’s a really intelligent guy…I’ll be honest, I might’ve seen one maybe two clemson games in the last two years so I’m not qualified to discuss his entire body of work, others that know if he takes plays off, is oft injured or stuff like that can fill in the blanks but the highlights I’ve seen? I could give a fuck about nolan smiths 40, give me this monster any day of the week and twice on sunday instead…murphy is NFL ready right now, nolan strikes me as a kid that’ll need time to bulk up even more…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Washington is massive, a great kid, and a great blocker but I don’t want the next marcedes lewis, I want a guy that can cut and run routes and if his blocking is just okay, that’s fine with me, we need that guy that can open the middle of the field for RBs not by blocking but by posing a threat that teams have to account for…I think mayer is best overall TE, he might not be the best pure route runner or the best blocker, but he’s the most well rounded for sure, plus as a catcher of the football dude makes huge clutch plays…I like about 5 TEs in this draft and none of them are named washington…watch, I’ll be completely wrong and washington ends up being the next antonio gates, LOL…
                  LOL. I just don't think we'll go TE in the 1st. If you look at our roster the starters are set, but there are issues. Safety, CB, RB, DL. LB among them. We also
                  need help in the backup department. OL, WR, Edge. I would put TE behind a lot of these areas.

It's also possible we trade down. In that case TE is possible in the 2nd. Unfortunately the Ekeler situation may change things up, although at the moment
                  the Chargers are in control some team may come out of the woodwork an offer Ekeler a multiyear deal after the draft. That would really mess things up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

LOL. I just don't think we'll go TE in the 1st. If you look at our roster the starters are set, but there are issues. Safety, CB, RB, DL. LB among them. We also
                    need help in the backup department. OL, WR, Edge. I would put TE behind a lot of these areas.

It's also possible we trade down. In that case TE is possible in the 2nd. Unfortunately the Ekeler situation may change things up, although at the moment
                    the Chargers are in control some team may come out of the woodwork an offer Ekeler a multiyear deal after the draft. That would really mess things up.
                    TE is a need but maybe not for the next year. Parham is an injury prone player and McKitty just isnt that great. Everett if he gets hurt we are in trouble if you ask me. Id go TE early but im a BPA at any of those you listed including TE.

They know whether Woods is ready or not. His tackling is the only worry for me about him. Webb is just an huge injury concern. The fact they havent signed Johnson is either he wants too much money or everybody just assumes we want every player Staley has coached before and that isnt the case.

Today i think LB is the biggest need as i think Murray is a liability rather than a strength. CB could be up there. I think we are waiting to possibly bring back some of our own like Guyton, Fehoko, maybe Callahan to see if they can get them on the cheap again if they dont sign elsewhere.

Too early to say for certain what they seek in the draft. But rounds 1 and 2 im a BPA at any of those needs.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I have zero fucking clues what the Chargers are actually thinking. I’d bet they have some plans for vet FA value deals post-draft that are figuring into their strategy but who knows what that is either.

All TT needs to do is read the half dozen TPB threads nominally named this or that but all focused on draft recommendations and … he’ll be paralyzed.

maybe I should call him and tell him my LT+Barry lovechild discovery …
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I guess I see a greater need at TE than most others do. If Everett gets hurt we are in trouble if you ask me. Everett is our only dependable player at that position. Parham looks the part but we all know he has issues staying on the field. So, I view it as if we only have one TE. Our new OC likes to use two TE sets. They can help the running game as well as the passing game.

A good TE can be the QB's best friend. It seems like I've noticed that on the Chiefs. Fouts to Winslow could be replaced by Herbert to Kincaid. However, as I've said elsewhere, we can use help at several positions so who knows what to expect in this years draft. It sure would be a good year to find a dance partner so we could pick up a couple more picks in this draft.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’d rather get Bijan and a 2nd tier TE than the top TE and 2nd tier RB. I realize its heresy. But i ask - how often do LT and Barry spawn a love-child?

Bijan is going before 10, we won’t get him. This draft already sucks balls.
                          You've been hanging around me too much.

Comment

Working...
                          X