See ya Joe Lombardi and Shane Day...Staff Changes

Go Rivers!
  • Rambler
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • No Cal
    • Civil Research Attorney
    • Send PM

Implies that Staley will be back, and we won't consider Sean Payton. Par for the course with Spanos. Weak leadership starts at the top.

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Confirmed https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...randon-staley/
      I read this on my laptop as I was taking a dump. Sounds about right.

I really like DAVID SHAW for OC because he worked under Harbaugh for some years. They've won together!
      If Staley falters this season, Harbaugh could be the hire in 2024. His OC would already be in place. Plus, it's an anchor in place for Harbaugh should anyone try to flirt for his services again. We would have the higher ground. Always get the higher ground in battle!

This is what I noticed about Harbaugh: So, JH was flirting coming back (again) He did this I think 2 years ago too. 2 years ago, he put his name out there. We hired BS. (Haha). He went back to Michigan (and did NOT obviously coach any other team in the NFL.) This season, he flirted again about hooking up w/ the NFL. Yesterday, it was leaked that the Bolts would keep BS. Guess what, JH suddenly says "I'm back at Michigan."

Let's see next year.
      Last edited by jox g; 01-17-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
        TMI

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Lombardi and Shane Day have been fired.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Dead in the water. That is what the 2023 Chargers season is. Telesco and Staley are still here. Get ready for more of the same next season.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Just as we expected. Lipstick on a pig. Scapegoats. 'Teflon' Staley survives. Go Bills!!!

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Another season of Staley pacing the sidelines during these games just like Mike Mccoy used to do. Hope it works out for the Chargers!

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
                  Implies that Staley will be back, and we won't consider Sean Payton. Par for the course with Spanos. Weak leadership starts at the top.
                  agreer.... but its CHEAP leadership starts at the top..... Spanos loves cheap weak yes men who do what they are told and dont rock the boat..... Spanos also eliminated all opf the pre and post game fan call in shows because they cannot have anyone talking about their weaknesses..... that is why they fired all of the ex-chargers greats who did broadcast and talk shows..... because those guys would tell the truth.....

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

I really like DAVID SHAW for OC because he worked under Harbaugh for some years. They've won together!
                    If Staley falters this season, Harbaugh could be the hire in 2024. His OC would already be in place. Plus, it's an anchor in place for Harbaugh should anyone try to flirt for his services again. We would have the higher ground. Always get the higher ground in battle!

This is what I noticed about Harbaugh: So, JH was flirting coming back (again) He did this I think 2 years ago too. 2 years ago, he put his name out there. We hired BS. (Haha). He went back to Michigan (and did NOT obviously coach any other team in the NFL.) This season, he flirted again about hooking up w/ the NFL. Yesterday, it was leaked that the Bolts would keep BS. Guess what, JH suddenly says "I'm back at Michigan."

Let's see next year.
                    So this is what being a Chargers fan has come down to, hoping for a coach 2 season for now!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Daniel Popper

The Chargers are sticking with coach Brandon Staley and general manager Tom Telesco, a team source told The Athletic on Tuesday after Los Angeles announced the firing of offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Shane Day. Here’s what you need to know:
                      • Staley has been under fire after missing the playoffs last season and then losing in the AFC wild-card round this season. Staley has a 19-15 regular-season record.
                      • Lombardi served as offensive coordinator for two seasons with the Chargers. The departures come after the Chargers blew a 27-point lead and lost 31-30 to the Jaguars on Saturday.
                      • Quarterback Justin Herbert threw for 9,753 yards the past two seasons with 63 touchdowns and 25 interceptions.
                      • With Los Angeles moving on from Lombardi, there are six offensive coordinator jobs open across the league. The other five are the Commanders, Titans, Rams, Jets and Patriots.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Daniel Popper

The Chargers are sticking with coach Brandon Staley and general manager Tom Telesco, a team source told The Athletic on Tuesday after Los Angeles announced the firing of offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Shane Day. Here’s what you need to know:
                        • Staley has been under fire after missing the playoffs last season and then losing in the AFC wild-card round this season. Staley has a 19-15 regular-season record.
                        • Lombardi served as offensive coordinator for two seasons with the Chargers. The departures come after the Chargers blew a 27-point lead and lost 31-30 to the Jaguars on Saturday.
                        • Quarterback Justin Herbert threw for 9,753 yards the past two seasons with 63 touchdowns and 25 interceptions.
                        • With Los Angeles moving on from Lombardi, there are six offensive coordinator jobs open across the league. The other five are the Commanders, Titans, Rams, Jets and Patriots.
                        What any OC candidate is going to have to be willing to accept by coming to the Chargers is basically a 1-year deal. Once Staley fucks up again, EVERYONE will be gone at this time next year. So the chance of getting a major upgrade from Lombardi are probably slim.

Comment

Working...
                        X