• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    I wish I knew who Moore preferred.
    Could be Moore deferred to the front office in this his first draft as a Charger as they were more 'read into' the roster needs. When you're new to an organization,
    your input is valued but you don't know what you don't know when concerning what ownership is looking for. IMO.

Did you see the video of the Chargers new UDFA TE from UCLA Michael Ekeike?

This could be our insert blocker in the outside zone run scheme, Kellen needs more athletic freaks like the former four start recruit WR converted to TE, so Moore can get a feel for his offense. The guy has a massive catch radius and dominates 50-50 balls. My point is, I've read and seen how Coach Moore handles players and he won't even assign positions to players publicly. That's how he handled OT Tyler Smith in camp last season. Smith became the best rookie OT in the draft and is now the Cowboys LT (Or OG, if you're up on Cowboy news). I guess I'm saying Coach Moore just doesn't show his cards.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

That’s gonna infuriate a lot in here lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Could be Moore deferred to the front office in this his first draft as a Charger as they were more 'read into' the roster needs. When you're new to an organization,
        your input is valued but you don't know what you don't know when concerning what ownership is looking for. IMO.

Did you see the video of the Chargers new UDFA TE from UCLA Michael Ekeike?

This could be our insert blocker in the outside zone run scheme, Kellen needs more athletic freaks like the former four start recruit WR converted to TE, so Moore can get a feel for his offense. The guy has a massive catch radius and dominates 50-50 balls. My point is, I've read and seen how Coach Moore handles players and he won't even assign positions to players publicly. That's how he handled OT Tyler Smith in camp last season. Smith became the best rookie OT in the draft and is now the Cowboys LT (Or OG, if you're up on Cowboy news). I guess I'm saying Coach Moore just doesn't show his cards.
        Ekeike runs like a gazelle. A gazelle tied to the front of a truck, that is. He looks on tape to run a lot faster and more fluid than McCat … did you say he can block?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Florio opines the Chargers are one of the teams that need a fast start to survive the season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Florio opines the Chargers are one of the teams that need a fast start to survive the season.

He is right. I don't agree with Florio a lot but he is absolutely correct

I have the chargers, today, being either really good - like 11, 12+ wins; or kind of very bad, 5-6 wins. The worst thing for the team would be 9-8 and giving Telesco/Staley one more year...

And if it does start slow - like 1-4 with the tougher part of the schedule - it will be time for the biggest firesale in NFL history...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

I wish I knew who Moore preferred.
              according to the rumors it was Moore and TT for QJ vs the other staff members...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

according to the rumors it was Moore and TT for QJ vs the other staff members...
                I didn't hear that, okay.
                that's comforting.
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And if it does start slow - like 1-4 with the tougher part of the schedule - it will be time for the biggest firesale in NFL history...
                  I agree with this. If they start the season like that it's time to let other teams stock us up with draft picks. Adios to the higher salaried players.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I didn't hear that, okay.
                    that's comforting.
                    the funny thing is that Moore has been outspoken about how Staley as a defensive guy was okay drafting an offensive player in round one...he has obviously learned from being outmaneuvered in Dallas by the more experienced older coach...some of us concluded that it was sign that staley might be on the way out in favor of Moore but then we were reminded that Staley picked offensive lineman in round one his first two years...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I have the chargers, today, being either really good - like 11, 12+ wins; or kind of very bad, 5-6 wins. The worst thing for the team would be 9-8 and giving Telesco/Staley one more year...

1-4 just means we can't finish better than 13-4.
                      If we're 1-4 because Herbert, KA, MW, Linsley Bosa, Mack, James and Vato are on IR, that's another thing.

ps: 3-2 is worst case IMO.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

How can you say that ?
                        The schedule has not been revealed yet.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

I don't know. We know all too well that the teams who start the season the hottest are not always the teams who are hot at the end of the season. The Bills dismantled the Rams in Week 1 last season and everybody thought for sure they were going to the SB. But at season's end the Bills were wobbly and got trashed by the Bengals in the playoffs. The Bengals lost their first two and three of their first five. But at the end of the season they were on fire, easily bouncing the Bills in the playoffs and coming with an eyelash of getting back into the Super Bowl.

Every season there is a team that starts slow and everybody is ready to write off early on but at the end of the season they are the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs. So if the Chargers start slow, I won't panic unless/until they are eliminated from the post-season.

Comment

Working...
                          X