Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Official Charger Season Discussion - News - Roster Moves - Injuries

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 5.54.54 PM.png

Well here it is gang. Time to turn the page on a season that saw us make the playoffs only to crater monumentally in the 2nd half vs the Jags. Ive been thinking about this thread for a while now. I even asked Bolt O to start it because im still just in this mental funk after that loss. lol Its still blows my mind. But im not going to start off this thread with a major bummer vibe.

I will always love this team and i will always have their backs. I am just going through some trust issues regarding our leadership but lets see what happens in year 3 of the Staley experiment. Upgrading the OC is a a huge move so that was a good start.

But to think Staley and his scheme and some decisions didnt hurt this team would simply be burying my head in the sand. I have issues. But i will start this off in a positive way. And what i mean by being positive is simply not being negative. lol Because im pissed. Still hurts. They need to earn my trust. Love always trusts. So im battling this dilemma personally.

I dont have much in the form of a football take at the moment. I have a strong desire to help our run game. And i would love to add a twitched up WR. A playmaker like what the Chiefs could end up doing with Toney. I think that guy could explode next year for them. But that type of WR. Not saying i want to draft a RB. But we just need to get better in the run game. I dont even trust TT to draft the right RB.

I really feel like Staley should at the very least be giving us much better on defense. You watch what happened to us in the 2nd half of that Jags game and we got schooled. No answers. And how do we cover Kelce when we play the Chiefs? Derwin looked lost the last time we played them.

We are also up against the cap. Im expecting some restructures. Herbert should get paid but is on the books for 2023. Sort of expect him to get a new contract this offseason. But who knows.

Anyways i cant begin to explain how much Aloha i have for all of you. TPB is on fire these days. There is no greater Bolt forum on the net. And thats because this community works well with each other. Its all about you guys. Thanks for making this place fun.

Aloha and cheers to 2023.
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Like you I’m still bitter about the way it ended and it will likely stay with me the way the 1979 loss to Houston, 1980 loss to the raiders, 2006/7 losses to Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets stay with me.

we have a tough looking schedule in 23 with east coast trips and home games against franchises with massive followings. So it’s gonna be a challenge. Hope everybody has a good off season. Parts of 2022 were just brutal for Charger fans

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Fleet - I'm in the exact same position as you with this team, so I'll refrain from dumping on 2023, BUT - it's going to take a lot of improvements to even start to gain my trust (again). I've been through this rodeo a number of times already - team is such a tease . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Like you I’m still bitter about the way it ended and it will likely stay with me the way the 1979 loss to Houston, 1980 loss to the raiders, 2006/7 losses to Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets stay with me.

we have a tough looking schedule in 23 with east coast trips and home games against franchises with massive followings. So it’s gonna be a challenge. Hope everybody has a good off season. Parts of 2022 were just brutal for Charger fans
        That Jets game on the Saturday night was a tough one - in the rain

the Hosuton loss - no doubt

1980 Raiders - the tipped pass to the TE combined with Big wilbur jumping offsides

But hope springs again for 2023 -- there are building blocks

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I moved the posts regarding the ownership litigation to the long running existing topic. If significant news that requires it to be in the sticky, post it once, but the discussion is already in progress, and noting that it is spreading to other topics.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Our 2nd half O was flat as a pancake most of the year and most dramatically v Jax.
            OC should make a positive difference. I want a top TE. to keep the O rolling when it gets tough.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
              Our 2nd half O was flat as a pancake most of the year and most dramatically v Jax.
              OC should make a positive difference. I want a top TE. to keep the O rolling when it gets tough.
              100% spot on. Yet another reason to get rid of Lombo was his failure and inability to adjust to other teams adjustments.

The new coordinator must be able to adjust from drive to drive. We cannot have any of this team going into a funk for a half.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

And our new OC must get our run game going Finally.This draft our offense needs weapons badly.WR,TE,RB.We need more true playmakers that can make nothing into something.And stay Healthy!!

Comment

• lightsout42
                  Hire a winning coach
                  • Oct 2019
                  • Send PM

I’m not happy with much of the 2022 season and, in my view, substandard talent acquisition and coaching (except for ST). But, though I remain skeptical, I will now endeavor to be optimistic and hope for the following in 2023:
                  • An innovative OC/system
                  • Quality/thoughtful halftime adjustments (both O and D)
                  • A 60% pass / 40% rush attack
                  • Intentional ground game and 4.6+ YPC
                  • Play action
                  • Improvement in run defense (top 15)
                  • Tough and sound play in all 4 quarters
                    Consistency in all phases
                  • Health and luck

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

We have a lot of jags on the roster..

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

2023 -- waiting on Spanos to sell the team; Chargerling again; Staley will be fired; TT will be fired. Book it now.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post
                        I’m not happy with much of the 2022 season and, in my view, substandard talent acquisition and coaching (except for ST). But, though I remain skeptical, I will now endeavor to be optimistic and hope for the following in 2023:
                        • An innovative OC/system
                        • Quality/thoughtful halftime adjustments (both O and D)
                        • A 60% pass / 40% rush attack
                        • Intentional ground game and 4.6+ YPC
                        • Play action
                        • Improvement in run defense (top 15)
                        • Tough and sound play in all 4 quarters
                          Consistency in all phases
                        • Health and luck
                        Don't want much, do ya . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀