Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    NE just signed Mike Gesicki to pair up with Hunter Henry. This was after trading Jonnu Smith to ATL.

What skill set are we looking for to augment Everett, McKitty ?

-Mayer.
    -Washington.
    -Kinkaid.
    -Musgrave.
    -LaPorta.
    -Kraft.
    etc

They are uniquely different.
    We may draft two !
    2023: Washington
    2024: Bowers
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

NE just signed Mike Gesicki to pair up with Hunter Henry. This was after trading Jonnu Smith to ATL.

-Mayer.
      -Washington.
      -Kinkaid.
      -Musgrave.
      -LaPorta.
      -Kraft.
      etc

We may draft two !
      Gesicki cant block for shit. Is more a tall WR so not sure how they plan to use him.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Add in the horrific Thursday night games and I agree with you. Hope the Chargers get their Thursday night game early in the season or after a bye
        ThNF is an abomination, 100% agree.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

-Mayer.
          -Washington.
          -Kinkaid.
          -Musgrave.
          -LaPorta.
          -Kraft.
          etc

We may draft two !
          Belichick loves those 2 TE attacks.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

And Kellen !
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

I'd be shocked if it took that long. My guess is that it will happen with the next network television rights agreement.
              2 preseason games, 18 regulation season games and 2 byes. 20 weeks of television money.
              If they increase roster sizes and salary caps accordingly it could work. The other issue is when $20M player(s) are on injured reserve and all that money can’t be spent on reinforcements.

As 17 games is already doing, 18 makes previous season records incomparable.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Where ascending TE's go to descend.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

I'll put this here since it's related to 2023;

There's a lot of wrangling and name calling between the optimists (pollyanna's) and pessimists (haters) on the board lately about the direction of the team going into next year. Everyone has their own opinion, and no-one knows how the season will go but I'd like to lay out some points to consider for both sides - basically a Charger's 2023 Pro's and Con's. I'll try not to rehash ALL of the arguments about these items as we know them by heart and most folks positions are set in stone.

Pros;
                  1. New OC
                  2. Kendricks
                  3. Assumed better health for key players

I won't use the new DC as a pro (or con) because he's unproven at the NFL level (as a DC), and it's yet to be seen if he's just another mouthpiece for BS.

Cons;
                  1. The D lost more talent than it's gained (Tranq, Callahan, VanNoy, Fehoko vs Kendricks). Hard to see how that side of the ball has been improved.
                  2. We've sunk a major portion of our 2023 salary cap into a small handful of talented but older and/or injury prone players.
                  3. We have the same HC that blundered his way through the latter part of 2022, and has done very little to improve the defense in 2 years (supposed to be his strong suit).
                  4. We have the potential hangover / fallout from the Jville collapse to overcome.
                  5. Our schedule (on paper) will be more difficult in 2023 than it turned out to be in 2022.
                  6. No veteran 'weapons' added to help the offense.
                  7. We appear to be expecting the draft to supply the above weapons, but it's difficult for rookies to make a significant impact in their 1st year unless they're extraordinary (Micah Parsons), and we're unlikely to find extraordinary at #21.

ATM we're essentially running the same group back out there from last year, and expecting a different outcome. I simply don't see enough improvements to feel optimistic for 2023. I don't think they'll face plant (5 - 12ish), but it's hard to get juiced up so far.

I remain hopeful, but not optimistic. I guess I'm a 'Hater-anna' !

Flame on . . . . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                    I'll put this here since it's related to 2023;

There's a lot of wrangling and name calling between the optimists (pollyanna's) and pessimists (haters) on the board lately about the direction of the team going into next year. Everyone has their own opinion, and no-one knows how the season will go but I'd like to lay out some points to consider for both sides - basically a Charger's 2023 Pro's and Con's. I'll try not to rehash ALL of the arguments about these items as we know them by heart and most folks positions are set in stone.

Pros;
                    1. New OC
                    2. Kendricks
                    3. Assumed better health for key players

I won't use the new DC as a pro (or con) because he's unproven at the NFL level (as a DC), and it's yet to be seen if he's just another mouthpiece for BS.

Cons;
                    1. The D lost more talent than it's gained (Tranq, Callahan, VanNoy, Fehoko vs Kendricks). Hard to see how that side of the ball has been improved.
                    2. We've sunk a major portion of our 2023 salary cap into a small handful of talented but older and/or injury prone players.
                    3. We have the same HC that blundered his way through the latter part of 2022, and has done very little to improve the defense in 2 years (supposed to be his strong suit).
                    4. We have the potential hangover / fallout from the Jville collapse to overcome.
                    5. Our schedule (on paper) will be more difficult in 2023 than it turned out to be in 2022.
                    6. No veteran 'weapons' added to help the offense.
                    7. We appear to be expecting the draft to supply the above weapons, but it's difficult for rookies to make a significant impact in their 1st year unless they're extraordinary (Micah Parsons), and we're unlikely to find extraordinary at #21.

ATM we're essentially running the same group back out there from last year, and expecting a different outcome. I simply don't see enough improvements to feel optimistic for 2023. I don't think they'll face plant (5 - 12ish), but it's hard to get juiced up so far.

I remain hopeful, but not optimistic. I guess I'm a 'Hater-anna' !

Flame on . . . . .
                    I don't think it's valid to say this til after the draft and free agency. They aren't done building the team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think it's valid to say this til after the draft and free agency. They aren't done building the team.
                      Exactly. I expect Fehoko back midseason. Handshake deal with KVN. There will be a late, cheap surprise signing.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

You do what you can do...

KA, MW, Mack, and Bosa are players every single team in the NFL would LOVE to have.
                        We could argue until the cows come home about health/injury predictions. Truth is that no one can predict.

Bringing back Fox was super smart. Replacing Tranquill with Kendricks... again, super smart.
                        Callahan, Adderly, KVN... you can't re-sign everybody! Look to the draft. Maybe sign a value FA after the draft... that's how you got Callahan, Fox, KVN in the first place!

The rest of the draft (3-7) is about drafting depth @WR, RB, TE, IOL, LB, EDGE, DL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I know some have seen this already but wanted to repost. Herbert comments about Phil is what i see as the reason he didnt come off the field when he was injured. Because Phil didnt after hearing of his ailments from team mates.

We know Rivers had injuries but never knew the extent til sometimes after the season while some would just say he is losing it. He also played with cracked ribs which affected him among other things.

Herbert Reacts To Rivers#LAChargers #Chargers #PhilipRivers #Rivers #JustinHerbert #Goat #Football #NFL #GoatTalk #Reaction #React #Message #Talk #Quarterback
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-26-2023, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X