• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

The graphic is all wrong of course, adding a year to everybody's resume that doesn't exist. For example, Herbert is a 3-year veteran. He was a rookie three years ago, not four. He hasn't even begun playing a 4th season yet.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

This random but I would love to see more Zander this year. Started off hot last year then the chicken little lombardi forgot about him. He really could be a faster Alstott 2.0.

Hoping to see some Horvath packages.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
        This random but I would love to see more Zander this year. Started off hot last year then the chicken little lombardi forgot about him. He really could be a faster Alstott 2.0.

Hoping to see some Horvath packages.
        I was actually thinking about this today. When he was drafted, he was touted as Mike Alstott light. But he hardly got any carries. He did score the first TD of the Chargers' season, and he scored again against KC - both short receptions from Herbert. After that he was relegated to mostly FB snaps. I would like to see if he could contribute to the rushing attack, especially in short yardage situations.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I've always considered Horvath a rb, not a fb.
          until he shows he can block better.
          Moore uses his TEs as lead blockers, so hopefully McKitty steps up in that role and Horvath can be our short yardage back.
          The physical profiles are there with a McKitty and Horvath combo, but they have to improve drastically to be a viable threat on 3rd and short.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I was actually thinking about this today. When he was drafted, he was touted as Mike Alstott light. But he hardly got any carries. He did score the first TD of the Chargers' season, and he scored again against KC - both short receptions from Herbert. After that he was relegated to mostly FB snaps. I would like to see if he could contribute to the rushing attack, especially in short yardage situations.
            Only because they both wore/wear #40 and went to Purdue.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Only because they both wore/wear #40 and went to Purdue.
              It’s possible Alstotf wouldn’t be Alstott in 2022/2023 NFL. Heck, he could be Jacob Fucking Hester
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Moore uses his TEs as lead blockers, so hopefully McKitty steps up in that role and Horvath can be our short yardage back.
                The physical profiles are there with a McKitty and Horvath combo, but they have to improve drastically to be a viable threat on 3rd and short.
                If there is a good blocking TE out there they can sign for the Vet Minimum - I think they should.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If there is a good blocking TE out there they can sign for the Vet Minimum - I think they should.
                  McKitty is our blocking TE. Parham, ironically, blocked a lot better but didn’t play nearly enough. I doubt any change in the current group, we’ll see.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Horvath...man I forgot we have him. Why didn't we use this guy to wear defenses out?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Ultimately, the key to Kellen Moore's success with the Chargers may rest significantly on his ability to find ways to use each player in ways that allow each guy to do what he does best.

Was Horvath implemented optimally last year? Pffffft! No! I doubt that McKitty was, either. If Moore is the guy we've been told he is, he'll do a better job of getting more out of the talent that was already here.

Allow me to create another example off the top of my head as a 'for instance': I'd like to think that Moore can scheme some things to capitalize on Josh Palmer's skill set. I see Palmer as Mike Williams' slightly smaller kid brother. He plays very physically, and I'm hoping Moore designs some route trees that can force defenses to cover him with smaller and/or less physical DBs. Likewise with Donald Parham-- can Moore design mismatches that would allow Parham elbow room, in space? With any momentum in the open field, Parham trucks defenders, and, again, Moore has a role in setting the stage for this to happen.

Is it unrealistic to think that Moore will find ways to capitalize on the specific talents of some of his O-lineman? Why would you *NOT* craft a running attack that was based on deploying the trio of Slater-Zion-Linsley as Sherman tanks for the running backs to follow, and cut off of?

Bottom Line-- if Kellen Moore is the coordinator he's been touted to be, he could be as important an offseason acquisition for the team as any of its Day 1 or Day 2 draft selections.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Ultimately, the key to Kellen Moore's success with the Chargers may rest significantly on his ability to find ways to use each player in ways that allow each guy to do what he does best.

Was Horvath implemented optimally last year? Pffffft! No! I doubt that McKitty was, either. If Moore is the guy we've been told he is, he'll do a better job of getting more out of the talent that was already here.

Allow me to create another example off the top of my head as a 'for instance': I'd like to think that Moore can scheme some things to capitalize on Josh Palmer's skill set. I see Palmer as Mike Williams' slightly smaller kid brother. He plays very physically, and I'm hoping Moore designs some route trees that can force defenses to cover him with smaller and/or less physical DBs. Likewise with Donald Parham-- can Moore design mismatches that would allow Parham elbow room, in space? With any momentum in the open field, Parham trucks defenders, and, again, Moore has a role in setting the stage for this to happen.

Is it unrealistic to think that Moore will find ways to capitalize on the specific talents of some of his O-lineman? Why would you *NOT* craft a running attack that was based on deploying the trio of Slater-Zion-Linsley as Sherman tanks for the running backs to follow, and cut off of?

Bottom Line-- if Kellen Moore is the coordinator he's been touted to be, he could be as important an offseason acquisition for the team as any of its Day 1 or Day 2 draft selections.

my top offseason moves:
                        1. Firing Lombo
                        2. Hiring Moore
                        3. Kendricks
                        4. Handling of the Ekeler situation
                        5. Having the vision to draft Q over others most of us wanted.
                        6. Switching Zion to LG and Salyer to RG
                        7. Changing DCs
                        8. Re-signing Pipkins (Fox, Parham, guyton)
                        9. Not shelling out stupid money for more "staley guys"
                        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

That's a nice list and it is impressive seeing it written down. Well done.

We sometimes are too focused on what was not done (and seem to not care to understand the reasons) and overlook the great work that has happened.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X