• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

No love for Tom Telesco!

Go Rivers!
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

It's weird because I thought Telesco did a great job getting the right players from the FA market as well as drafting Keenan Allen pre 2013. Telesco was impressive in his first year in IMO. BUT then it came apart. Terrible signings and too many reaches in the draft. Maybe Telesco does his best work when no one expects it.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• BoltBacker
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Las Vegas, NV
      • Send PM

One thing for sure, it is time to focus on the trenches. If that does not happen it will be a clear sign of more of what happened this season.

Comment

• BoltBacker
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Las Vegas, NV
        • Send PM

Also would like a good blocking FB or H-back type play on the team. The position is so out of vogue we should be able to draft a good one in the fifth or lower.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
          Also would like a good blocking FB or H-back type play on the team. The position is so out of vogue we should be able to draft a good one in the fifth or lower.
          How about the dude from San Diego State? Dakota something.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Article is crap. TT imo drafted with a first and third and brought in a well touted guy from denver and what has been a great value signing in King plus other depth. He completely retooled the OL and shit luck from injuries has murdered us.

Id be ok with the same line if they stayed healthy but can see a top LT being a real possibilty at the third pick. Id love a smashmouth DL to team with Legit and put Reys in a rotation. We will pick 4th in the 2nd so a solid lineman will be there too. Take a safety in the 3rd or another linebacker.

Id like a trade down to the 49rs spot since they seem to be common trade partners. Gets us #7 i think and prob an extra 2nd at least and they get a top qb prospect.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              Article is crap. TT imo drafted with a first and third and brought in a well touted guy from denver and what has been a great value signing in King plus other depth. He completely retooled the OL and shit luck from injuries has murdered us.

Id be ok with the same line if they stayed healthy but can see a top LT being a real possibilty at the third pick. Id love a smashmouth DL to team with Legit and put Reys in a rotation. We will pick 4th in the 2nd so a solid lineman will be there too. Take a safety in the 3rd or another linebacker.

Id like a trade down to the 49rs spot since they seem to be common trade partners. Gets us #7 i think and prob an extra 2nd at least and they get a top qb prospect.
              I hope the Spanoses keep the same line too. That way they'll suck forever. That line can't run block at all and isn't very good at pass blocking either. That was at the beginning of the year when the line was healthy.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Massive whiff on Chris Watt. And too many injuries.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Whifffff....

Wat
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Wat whiff? Take a whiff at wat?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I dont think he has failed to get players to protect Rivers. Those players have failed to stay healthy. True we could use more talent on the OL and i think it will come.

Comment

• Screeme
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think before the season there was a lot of optimism about the offensive line being fixed.. and Telesco was a part of that.

Dunlap had been solid. Orlando Franklin was brought in to be LG which was a disaster the year before, so that spot seemed fixed. Fluker moved to his "natural" position at RG.. Barksdale was a solid veteran at RT... the only real ? was Watt, who the staff seemed really high on at Center... so, on paper... everything looked really good. Telesco did a solid job trying to rebuild a line that was horrendous in 2014, its not his fault that Dunlap, Watt, Fluker, Franklin were all on/off the injured list.. with Watt and Dunlap getting IR'd. There was no reason to think that Franklin would regress with us.. which is probably more about coaching or scheme than Telesco.

I'm not saying that he did a great job... but I am saying its not like he ignored a glaring weakness and made no efforts to fix things. He did work, that we all thought would work out.

Comment

Working...
                        X