• Show
Clear All
  • Tol
    From Accounting
    • Mar 2019
    • Carlsbad
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
    Stayley do your defense. And Moore you can do all your offense and have the control.

what I like about this now you can go head to head with smart offensive minds in the division Andy Reid Josh Mcdaniels.

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Dallas was the #1 second half scoring offense in the NFL in 2022. Get it?
    No Moore 3rd quarter goose eggs? That should help.

I'm still not convinced Staley can make good 2nd half adjustments on defense.

I like the hire. A better 2nd half O should make life easier for the D.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Interesting theory but it doesn’t bode well for the chargers if they are going around Staley to hire his OC so I am going to reject it
      Fuck staley, if justin herbert likes kellen moore then moore is the future, they did announce that herbert would be involved in the hiring AND apparently he knows moore too…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Interesting theory but it doesn’t bode well for the chargers if they are going around Staley to hire his OC so I am going to reject it
        It wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing either…just means they already know what many of us already know, that staley just isn’t the guy going forward…what are you worried about? Our defense getting worse?!
        :LOL:
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
          The Cowboys have ranked well offensively since Moore has been there, but there has been some criticism in the last year or two that the Cowboys' offense had gotten unimaginative, stale and relied too much on Prescott being excellent every single play. That sounds worryingly familiar to Chargers fans. The question with Moore is whether that has more to do with him or McCarthy becoming HC in 2021. I tend to think its the latter, because those are the same issues that developed with the McCarthy's Packers teams near the end of his tenure them. Over reliance on Adams and Rodgers to be individually spectacular and no real plan for the rest of the offense. It's very rare for an OC to completely take the reigns of the offense when he's working under an offensive-minded HC, off the top of my head I can't really think of an example.

I like the hire. I think Moore came in when Garrett was still the HC, was given pretty wide latitude over the offense given Garrett's failures, improved their offense immediately and then had to cede back some control when McCarthy became the new HC. Its tempting to want to just throw out the entire offensive system and start from scratch given how frustrating Lombari was this year, but you don't want your young QB to have to re-learn everything. I think Moore's scheme will have some similarities, but he'll be an improvement in terms of setting up bigger plays downfield and being more creative in the run game. That sounds good to me. The Cowboys leaned heavily on their TEs while Moore was their OC, I wonder if that makes an early TE draft selection more likely.

Yeah, a lot of the criticisms I've heard of Moore this past season were very similar to Chargers fans complaints about Lombardi. Unimaginative playcalling, lack of separation by WR's forcing Dak to try to play perfect leading to high INT numbers. Replace complaints about Lombardi's stick routes with Moore's all curl route plays and the complaints sound similar.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
            WustinSlurbert
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think this is most positive I have seen you! Glad you like Moore!

Our history with guys named Kellen is great.

And the Moore you see Moore, the Moore you will like him, River.

TG
            Kellen Clemens???

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post

Kellen Clemens???
              Probably talking about winslow…

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                Btw, I think Kellen and Herb were already friends. They do these cheesy, but amusing TV commercials together (with Leighton Vander Esch) for a car dealership in Oregon & Idaho.

That is awesome!

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

If Jerry Jones is still the GM then as bad as it is Ill take TT.

Anyone else is probably a lot better.
                  JJ all day over TT. He's WON a SB, knows how to build.

Comment

• lightsout42
                    Hire a winning coach
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

I’m very optimistic and think this is a positive development. We got an experienced play caller who ran some solid offenses. Hard to see this as anything other than a win.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      Well here are the facts. A couple of seasons ago. kellen Moore was viewed as the hottest head coaching candidate. He was supposed to be that next Sean Payton. He was supposed to be that next Sean Mcvay.

people thought he was just angling for the job when Garrett got fired. He I think he actually turned down jobs. Had a couple of head coaching jobs and stayed with Jerry. Maybe as a coach in waiting. Jerry hired Mccarthey. Cause he’s comfortable with him and reminds him of Jerry Jr. Stephen.

so we may be getting a star. Like you are getting your head coach at a offensive coordinator rate. You know the Spanos like that.

this can also be the replacement for Stayley. Maybe they just want to get him in the building now. You got a young coach who can grow with Herbert.

Payton Brees Mcvay Stafford

and Payton came from the Dallas Cowboys. Famous former Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator assistant.

what I like you actually got a guy who knows what the fuck he’s talking about. Not a running back not a offensive line coach a Quarterback who speaks that terminology. Herbert needs that.

two guys who are smart I like that. Words we thought we would never hear this off season. A smart hire by the Spanos.

Stayley do your defense. And Moore you can do all your offense and have the control.

what I like about this now you can go head to head with smart offensive minds in the division Andy Reid Josh Mcdaniels.
                      Amen brotha.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Dean Spanos and 'highest paid coordinator in the league' will never appear in the same sentence.
                        A Dean Spanos team will never have the highest paid coordinator in the league.

Comment

• jox g
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Stands to reason that if Kellen can coach up Cooper Rush, Chargers can draft a QB and coach him up and replace Chase Daniel's salary/production more than adequately.
                          C Rush is a free agent. Get im! Marry the OC to the Backup QB

Comment

Working...
                          X