• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
    I don't believe hiring a guy based on his previous teams "rank" is a valid criteria for a hire. I mean it means something, but look at Staley's rank before he came to us. It has a lot to do with the teams players. Coaches with good players all of a sudden are "geniuses"..

its all just politics...The Cowboys needed a fall guy for their failure vs the niners...huh...the OC..

Oh yeah...we needed one too....the OC...and Moore coming from America's team...well...the peasants will be pacified...us.

Yadah Yadah Yadah..

How about a guy who vastly improved a not so great team? Standford hiring Harbaugh from USD because of what he did there? That stands out.

Or how about Bruce Bochy hired by SF from the perpetual third place Padres? The giants were thinking....if this guy can do that with those resources, what can he do with us?

I would think a guy with way more varied experience than Moore(think DaBoll) would be better. Better to know how to make adjustments etc.

I hope he works out I really do.

But to me...just another young unproven and probably cheap guy.

The Chargers...Always quick on the draw. Staley doesn't want anybody that knows more than him which is not a lot.
    Well his offenses see good in his 4 seasons as a OC. Who had more experience that was available? Nobody we could get permission to interview.

I'm happy with the hire over what we might have had if he wasn't there scapegoat.
    And I'm think McCaarthy is on the hot seat. He has to produce or he is out so since he called the plays at GB, I think he decided if he was going down, he would go down doing it himself.
    Sort of saving himself and not rely on somebody else but Dak is the guy who didn't come thru. Moore didn't throw those INTs in their playoff game.

Dak has the same playoff record as Romo.....both 2-4 and 0-2 in divisional playoffs.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
      Chargers Hall of Fame
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

I am SO thankful to lose Lombo. Couldn't stand the hire from the beginning. I'm ready to see what Moore can do.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
        I am SO thankful to lose Lombo. Couldn't stand the hire from the beginning. I'm ready to see what Moore can do.
        That he did what he did in Dallas with Dak at QB is astonishing. Simply astonishing.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Welcome to the Spanos shit show Kellen

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

BS. Moore is a qualified veteran OC. That isn't open to argument
            How successful he will be as Chargers OC remains to be seen.

Have you watched this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Oi...ature=youtu.be
            Blocking & play schemes several cuts above what we'd been doing. Lots of options. Proves he's more imaginative than we were.
            We' ll be different.
            Nice vid there, Sonora. Moore uses a lot of motion, shifts, misdirection, pulls the center AND G a lot for blocking, just light years ahead of Lombo and his predictable runs up the gut and stick routes...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Welcome to the Spanos shit show Kellen
              Not to worry. It's probably Moore's one-year audition for HC somewhere...in the meantime, he installs a very creative and effective O, and maybe even mentors some young buck to carry on as our next OC...

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not to worry. It's probably Moore's one-year audition for HC somewhere...in the meantime, he installs a very creative and effective O, and maybe even mentors some young buck to carry on as our next OC...
                Jams jus jamming’, he’ll be okay when the season hits.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Chargers this season
                  711Passes 404Runs

Dallas this season
                  556passes 531Runs

Moore will want to run it more.

Rd1. Bijan Robinson?
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                    Dea Spanos my HERO
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Welcome.

Win a Lombardi now or GTFO

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

And your elite back gets injured in training camp and your back at square one.

Look, the Chargers have tried and failed wasting first round picks on RB’s twice since LT.

Meanwhile their OL’s sucked and still can’t open lanes for our RB’s.

Chargers should continue to focus on building an OL that can dominate the LOS and open running lanes for ALL the RB’s.

Same for DL. Dominate the LOS. I’m so tired of watching virtually every opponent toss our OL and DL’s around for over a decade.
                      +1
                      Come on Telesco. Wise up!
                      am all for reinforcements for the lines, but can you really say that ALL RBs run alike ?? as mentioned before, Ryan Mathews gained +1 YPC over ALL other Charger backs that year.
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We were 13th best scoring offense in '22, with Herbert. With a backup starting? Hopefully we see some change in depth.
                        Mainly we need improved run production (30th) , red zone and scoring with Herbert.
                        was referring to Lombardi in 2021.... top five.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

How was this a Spanos driven hire? Based on their history, when have they ever told a HC who to keep or hire?

And yes, without Dak, Dallas isn’t going to be as good. Just like we wouldn’t be any good without Herbert.
                          who did Anthony Ray "hire" for OC/DC.... or did he "inherit" the both of Gus 'n the Wiz ??

and can pretty much guarantee 'twasn't Telesco driving things, and.... really don't see an obvious mesh between Brandon and Kellen ??

and obviously really don't know, but how are you so sure young John wasn't behind this hire ?? let alone and not without some guidance from on high/Deano....

Moore is a high floor guy that has already shown he can deliver a top 5 O.... the other guys we sat w/were largely unproven/a matter of some fairly gross speculation.

biz decision me thinx, and.... not that I don't think Moore wasn't a sensible hire, as thinkin' we're gonna do just fine next season on O, and.... just as much due to our health as to our OC/HC.

Comment

Working...
                          X