• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

No idea what they paid Lynn. Your point makes perfectly good sense. I wasn't trying to disprove. I was just curious since you brought it up.
    Not necessarily you that I was trying to make a point to. Just trying to disprove the general notion from others saying a wealthy owner being able to hire the best HCs is something that necessarily reflects reality. Additionally, I’m trying to disprove the notion that the Spanos won’t pay for coaches. They allowed Staley to hire a lot of coaches. I’m sure Kellen Moore wasn’t a cheap hire either.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

LOL! Right. Not with the team they're going to field in '23.
      Assume everyone stays healthy this upcoming season like in 2021, I don’t see why not.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Sorry if already discussed but what did you guys think about that impromptu Moore press conference?

my wife said he looks like he’s in high school, LOL
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
          Sorry if already discussed but what did you guys think about that impromptu Moore press conference?

my wife said he looks like he’s in high school, LOL
          Moore looks kind of like one of those squeaky clean dudes at Disneyland with that little broom and dustpan that swoop in to sweep up your paper cup before it hits the deck...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You said you'd apologize for being wrong, go look at my original post.
            "the bolded is undeniable" is what I wrote, and what is bolded is the idea that Moore may be a more qualified HC than Staley.
            I think this is true when comparing their resumes upon being hired by LAC, Staley 1 year as DC vs Moore's 4 years of OC.
            you can argue the substance all you'd like, but I ask you to stop saying false, disingenuous things about me.
            Never said my theory was undeniable. Never suggested that in the slightest.
            Do you acknowledge this or not?
            I apologize that you read too quickly and didn’t take time to comprehend what I wrote? I know that you’re more than intelligent enough to do so, I suspect you are like me and quick skim stuff at times, sometimes to our detriment. I do that all the time, at least.

Your bold statement was:
            I don't think staley would intentionally hire someone who can feasibly replace him, especially THIS offseason.​​
            That is a theory you deemed undeniable. But it’s not simply a statement that Moore is more qualified, you don’t even state that directly. No, It is more importantly a statement that Staley would not hire a guy who is good enough to replace him, e.g. more qualified, because he is that petty and selfish as a person (I understood you think Moore to more qualified because he was OC for 4 yrs vs Staley’s 1 yr as DC). So, … I also apologize for you retrospectively misstating your own theory to try and then coax an apology from me,

I said that some fella stated his theory is undeniable. I didnt want to call you specifically, but since you self-identify - sure, it was you. You did state that your bolded theory is undeniable. Literally. In print. What is incorrect? I didnt say you’ve said every theory you’ve ever posted was undeniable.

I’m beginning to enjoy our exchanges now that we’ve both arrived at a “who gives a shit” point of irrelevant banter. This is healthy, we are just a couple of lugs interwebbing back and forth after all. I get your theories. I don’t agree with them. Thats all ok.

What do you say we forego additional “you said/you didnt say” exchanges and just ridicule each other’s theories for fun?
            I apologize if this proposal is out of bounds
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Moore looks kind of like those squeaky clean dudes at Disneyland that sweep up your paper cup before it hits the deck...
              I would say without reservation he’s going to look great in the 2023 Coaching Staff group photos. Fits right in.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I would say without reservation he’s going to look great in the 2023 Coaching Staff group photos. Fits right in.
                He’ll look even better in 2024 pics as HC, maybe then we’ll finally get a good DC…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I apologize that you read too quickly and didn’t take time to comprehend what I wrote? I know that you’re more than intelligent enough to do so, I suspect you are like me and quick skim stuff at times, sometimes to our detriment. I do that all the time, at least.

Your bold statement was:

That is a theory you deemed undeniable. But it’s not simply a statement that Moore is more qualified, you don’t even state that directly. No, It is more importantly a statement that Staley would not hire a guy who is good enough to replace him, e.g. more qualified, because he is that petty and selfish as a person (I understood you think Moore to more qualified because he was OC for 4 yrs vs Staley’s 1 yr as DC). So, … I also apologize for you retrospectively misstating your own theory to try and then coax an apology from me,

I said that some fella stated his theory is undeniable. I didnt want to call you specifically, but since you self-identify - sure, it was you. You did state that your bolded theory is undeniable. Literally. In print. What is incorrect? I didnt say you’ve said every theory you’ve ever posted was undeniable.

I’m beginning to enjoy our exchanges now that we’ve both arrived at a “who gives a shit” point of irrelevant banter. This is healthy, we are just a couple of lugs interwebbing back and forth after all. I get your theories. I don’t agree with them. Thats all ok.

What do you say we forego additional “you said/you didnt say” exchanges and just ridicule each other’s theories for fun?
                  I apologize if this proposal is out of bounds
                  Absolutely no.
                  Bro, does punctuation not count for anything?
                  The first sentence literally says, "the bolded is undeniable"
                  look at the bolded.
                  Then, in a whole other sentence, "I don't think staley..."
                  I! As in ME! "I don't think" is the start of an opinion, not an undeniable theory.
                  I just wish you would acknowledge this, I guess that's too much to ask.
                  I don't care about anything else other than you mischaracterizing me and my posts, that's not okay.
                  Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Absolutely no.
                    Bro, does punctuation not count for anything?
                    The first sentence literally says, "the bolded is undeniable"
                    look at the bolded.
                    Then, in a whole other sentence, "I don't think staley..."
                    I! As in ME! "I don't think" is the start of an opinion, not an undeniable theory.
                    I just wish you would acknowledge this, I guess that's too much to ask.
                    I don't care about anything else other than you mischaracterizing me and my posts, that's not okay.
                    Good sir, you are right and I am wrong. I was looking at the wrong bold in the wrong place and I apologize for mischaracterizing your bolded intent.

I will be more careful, … maybe. I mean, I pledge to and want to but … I know I’ll make another mistake down the road.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Good sir, you are right and I am wrong. I was looking at the wrong bold in the wrong place and I apologize for mischaracterizing your bolded intent.

I will be more careful, … maybe. I mean, I pledge to and want to but … I know I’ll make another mistake down the road.
                      Honest mistake, no harm done.
                      I can understand the response if you thought I was saying my theory was undeniable. Haha. That would be a bit out there, even for me.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

He'll look even better with a SB ring...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

LOL! Right. Not with the team they're going to field in '23.
                          That's an assumption. Granted, so is DJ's take but his was not an absolute.

Comment

Working...
                          X