• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He is just thinking about how he did with Dak as his QB and how much better it will be this year! He could easily be one and done here, sadly.
    Why does everyone think this? If the trend is your friend and were getting better I don't think this way at all. It would take really stupid mismanagement again for us to even consider this. Moore might even get promoted if the blame lands all on Staley for breakdowns again.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why does everyone think this? If the trend is your friend and were getting better I don't think this way at all. It would take really stupid mismanagement again for us to even consider this. Moore might even get promoted if the blame lands all on Staley for breakdowns again.
      I'm not sure what you mean - I don't mean he is fired, I mean he gets a HC job somewhere if the offense bounces back as expected. The team can't stop an OC from taking a HC job so I'm not sure how we could mismanage anything.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

it worked for Shane Steichen

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I'm not sure what you mean - I don't mean he is fired, I mean he gets a HC job somewhere if the offense bounces back as expected. The team can't stop an OC from taking a HC job so I'm not sure how we could mismanage anything.
          The way you stated it is because most posters on this forum think Staley is in a make it or break it year. Ergo a whole house cleaning. Now that you've clarified your statement it makes sense now.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The way you stated it is because most posters on this forum think Staley is in a make it or break it year. Ergo a whole house cleaning. Now that you've clarified your statement it makes sense now.
            I actually think he in a make or break year as well, but was speaking of Moore's possible opportunities. Ironically, I think there is a good chance that Moore could be our next HC if Staley is fired after this year, along with Telesco - assuming whoever our new GM would be on board with it.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

It seems like many feel HC Staley and GM Telesco are on the hot seat regardless of how well the team does short of a SB win in the 2023 season.
              I just want to see some great games and be in the postseason mix. I love the W's. I love this team. This firing shit is BORING!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I actually think he in a make or break year as well, but was speaking of Moore's possible opportunities. Ironically, I think there is a good chance that Moore could be our next HC if Staley is fired after this year, along with Telesco - assuming whoever our new GM would be on board with it.
                I don't think Moore has much of a chance of replacing Staley because I think Staley is here for the long shot. This team has been improving each year since Staley took over and I see very little chance that they will fire him unless this season is a total disaster.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't think Moore has much of a chance of replacing Staley because I think Staley is here for the long shot. This team has been improving each year since Staley took over and I see very little chance that they will fire him unless this season is a total disaster.
                  And coming full circle, Moore will help improve the team.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

And coming full circle, Moore will help improve the team.
                    If he improves the offense, that's true right up front. Our D is built to play pass D. We were top 10 last year. Get a lead, build in it forces opponents to throw to catch up. That and they both sound excited about using the other's perspective of tactics.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I wonder sometimes how good the pass defense really is? I do think that Samuel and Davis really came on last season and Callahan was very good. But when you can average 5.5 yds per rush, why bother throwing the ball? I feel like some of the reason the pass defense (measured in yards given up) was ranked relatively high is because only a fool would do that vs taking candy from the baby running the ball.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I wonder sometimes how good the pass defense really is? I do think that Samuel and Davis really came on last season and Callahan was very good. But when you can average 5.5 yds per rush, why bother throwing the ball? I feel like some of the reason the pass defense (measured in yards given up) was ranked relatively high is because only a fool would do that vs taking candy from the baby running the ball.

TG
                        It's a different world with a complete, healthy team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Folks think stuff. Folks point arrows in all directions. Everyone is certain. Everyone is an expert. Everyone knows the secrets that only they know. Blah blah blah … lets all say the same things again, just for fun!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X