• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

FWIW, I heard Staley during his mic'd up at OTAs video mention to the secondary that the offense was trying a lot of verticals today. Hope that is a sign of things to come. Then they showed Stick trying to throw a vertical that got easily defended.

Also Staley seems to really like Austin Johnson. And he is huge. So is Bosa. Seeing them standing next to Staley who is an average sized human is really eye opening. They look like giants.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      FWIW, I heard Staley during his mic'd up at OTAs video mention to the secondary that the offense was trying a lot of verticals today. Hope that is a sign of things to come. Then they showed Stick trying to throw a vertical that got easily defended.

Also Staley seems to really like Austin Johnson. And he is huge. So is Bosa. Seeing them standing next to Staley who is an average sized human is really eye opening. They look like giants.

TG
      That's two of the run defense that we missed most of last year.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The narrator points out it doesn't matter what defensive scheme you run, Kellen Moore is just going to A) isolate your defender and B) get them one-on-one with a Dallas WR, and he'll C) do it through pre-snap sequencing.

Defenses counter Dallas passing game by switching to predominant nickel with two high safeties. Moore counters nickel defense with two high safeties with the run game, and registered 4 consecutive games of 160+ yards or more. It is fascinating to think how often Moore uses influence posts as well. This video contains multiple examples of safety manipulation through route sequences; 3:15 vs. the Chargers, Staley's defense is in a Cover-4 and Moore runs an influence post to draw the safety down. 4:00 WR Amari Cooper influence post, leaving TE Schultz open for TD.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

I’m excited about Moore and enjoy all of these videos. But I’m reminded they are just like draft pick highlight reels, there are a lot of plays not in the tape. These videos give the false impression that every play Moore calls is a genius strip-down master class out-coaching of the defense. Dallas didn’t score or get 1D every play, after all.

Don’t expect every play to be huge. Defense are professional coaches and players too, they get it right sometimes. And sometimes plays are run early in games knowing they won’t be huge gains just to set up a later play if needed
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            I’m excited about Moore and enjoy all of these videos. But I’m reminded they are just like draft pick highlight reels, there are a lot of plays not in the tape. These videos give the false impression that every play Moore calls is a genius strip-down master class out-coaching of the defense. Dallas didn’t score or get 1D every play, after all.

Don’t expect every play to be huge. Defense are professional coaches and players too, they get it right sometimes. And sometimes plays are run early in games knowing they won’t be huge gains just to set up a later play if needed
            We dont have the same personel as Dallas and Moore has said he will do whats best for THIS team. We likely will see some of that but we also will see different things as well so thats what im waiting for. What he will do for this team.

Dont care what Dallas did. You got to also factor in, McCarthy wanted to run more and had input to the offense.....and Moore still didnt run enough for his liking, which is the reason he gave for the change and firing of Moore.
            Staleys input wont be the same as McCarthys....and we have better WRs. All they had was Lamb,Gallup and Brown. Gallup wasnt anything special and only had 39 receptions. In 2021 he only played in 9 games. Brown is just ok and only had 43 receptions. Rather have Palmer than those 2 and Palmer will be our #4 WR.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Better than run for 2 yards up the gut, then -2 yards running on second down, and finally 3rd and 10 with an 8 yard gain and punt. That was Lombardi's offense. LOL!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Every year, every game, every play lives in it's own world of specific facts.
                Moore was Dallas OC 2019- 2022. The Cowboys were the #6, #23, #2, #5 scoring offense in those years.
                Herbert has led the #17, #4, #12 scoring offense with the 2020-'22 LAC.
                Trying to find some consistency of good stuff is what we're after but expecting perfect isn't real.
                We should be better. There's a lot to like.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We dont have the same personel as Dallas and Moore has said he will do whats best for THIS team. We likely will see some of that but we also will see different things as well so thats what im waiting for. What he will do for this team.

Dont care what Dallas did. You got to also factor in, McCarthy wanted to run more and had input to the offense.....and Moore still didnt run enough for his liking, which is the reason he gave for the change and firing of Moore.
                  Staleys input wont be the same as McCarthys....and we have better WRs. All they had was Lamb,Gallup and Brown. Gallup wasnt anything special and only had 39 receptions. In 2021 he only played in 9 games. Brown is just ok and only had 43 receptions. Rather have Palmer than those 2 and Palmer will be our #4 WR.
                  This - I agree. Also would note that up until we see what he does with our OL in 2023, our OL has been better at pass pro than rush blocking. I am excited to see Moore without the wet dampening blanket of McCarthy draped all over him.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

if Chargers see alot of 2 high safety looks this season, the run game will explode

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Every year, every game, every play lives in it's own world of specific facts.
                      Moore was Dallas OC 2019- 2022. The Cowboys were the #6, #23, #2, #5 scoring offense in those years.
                      Herbert has led the #17, #4, #12 scoring offense with the 2020-'22 LAC.
                      Trying to find some consistency of good stuff is what we're after but expecting perfect isn't real.
                      We should be better. There's a lot to like.
                      The year Dallas' offense ranked 23rd was the year Dak got hurt, right?

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                      if Chargers see alot of 2 high safety looks this season, the run game will explode
                      Provided the WR group draws attention and stretch the field.​

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The year Dallas' offense ranked 23rd was the year Dak got hurt, right?

Provided the WR group draws attention and stretch the field.​
                        Dak was out most of 2020. #23 O

Our receiver group is built to attack every inch horizontally and vertically.
                        It's up to Moore.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

This - I agree. Also would note that up until we see what he does with our OL in 2023, our OL has been better at pass pro than rush blocking. I am excited to see Moore without the wet dampening blanket of McCarthy draped all over him.
                          It was significant. Our #30 offensive run production was the result IMO of #32 run blocking. There are some OL changes, Slater LT, Zion LG, Salyer RG but my biggest expected change is blocking schemes and playcalling.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍