Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

McCoy to HC
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I should have known better than to ask you guys a serious question. And I suppose I deserve it as I am a big part of the smart Alec crowd around here.

But I do think Flowers might make the transition because of his skills, yes, but also because he appears to be struggling at CB and the bolts have to find a way to use him due to that big contract. He is also experienced and smart and the secondary will need that because Weddle is gone and the other guys are all still pretty green.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Hes too damn small to take the pounding. I think personally he will rebound. Hes young yet and driven. We can get another safety in FA or draft in round 3-4 IMO (we get a late 2nd round talent up high in the third) but we need a vet short term unless we go high draft pick which i dont want.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

2015 was an outlier. Flowers was hurt. Give him the off season to recover and he'll come back fine. He and Verrett will be a strong tandem.
          Mager looked like he belongs, there at the end of the season, as did Stevie Williams.
          Robinson is obviously a keeper.
          I think we're okay at CB, especially with the thought of TT bringing in 2 new DL. A better front 7 will make these guys good!
          Now, our safeties are a different beast all together. Addae plays with urgency, which is always a plus. As long as he doesn't concuss himself, or his teammates, he's a keeper. After him though, Stuckey is okay in a pinch, Phillips is untested and ......that's about it.
          Maybe a FS in free agency? A mid round draftee would be nice too but he won't help immediately, but we need help now with Weddle gone.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            Hes too damn small to take the pounding. I think personally he will rebound. Hes young yet and driven. We can get another safety in FA or draft in round 3-4 IMO (we get a late 2nd round talent up high in the third) but we need a vet short term unless we go high draft pick which i dont want.
            Exactly how is he going to match up against NFL tight ends with size and speed. How is going to support the run it is way different come in of the corner edge. I say no he may be our nickel corner

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              2015 was an outlier. Flowers was hurt. Give him the off season to recover and he'll come back fine. He and Verrett will be a strong tandem.
              Mager looked like he belongs, there at the end of the season, as did Stevie Williams.
              Robinson is obviously a keeper.
              I think we're okay at CB, especially with the thought of TT bringing in 2 new DL. A better front 7 will make these guys good!
              Now, our safeties are a different beast all together. Addae plays with urgency, which is always a plus. As long as he doesn't concuss himself, or his teammates, he's a keeper. After him though, Stuckey is okay in a pinch, Phillips is untested and ......that's about it.
              Maybe a FS in free agency? A mid round draftee would be nice too but he won't help immediately, but we need help now with Weddle gone.

Better hope so because when he was healthy in the beginning of 2015 he was getting beat like a drum, then after the injuries he was just horrible.

I like Robinson and Mager also, but much as I like what Verrett can do when he is on the field it is the injuries that concern me that keep him off the field. Verrett, Flowers and Williams have all missed considerable time. Williams missed his whole rookie season, Verrett has played in 19 games out of 32, Flowers has played 25 games out of 32.

Safeties need re-haul period need a new SS and FS, Addae is too much boom and bust, more bust than boom, with blown assignments, missed tackles, and drop of easy INT. Addae boom as mention seems to work against him he can lay good hits on opponents, but more times than not it cause him to get injured or one of our own to get injured

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Flowers looks done. Chiefs subscribed to "better one year too soon than one year too late".

Comment

Working...
                X