• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    It helps that Saban gets the best players in the country every year. But he does coach them up well. A lot of it is recruiting though.
    He's able to recruit for depth, and he doesn't make promises that the players will start. That's tough to do, but you do see lots of rotation to give them exposure to scouts. Pretty amazing he does as well without having highly talented QBs.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Running game and Dline is studly every year. Thats a big part of it.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Running game and Dline is studly every year. Thats a big part of it.
        This!!
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

When you are running out 4-5 5 star linemen, that are backed up by 5 star linemen, and they practice against 5 star linemen, It's fair to say, they have a little more room for error.

Easier to just slam to ball at people, when you have more talent, and more depth, than your opposition.

(My Jackrabbits run into the same thing with NDSU, who just won their 5th straight FCS Championship...the just beat you to a bloody pulp)
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

It helps that Saban gets the best players in the country every year. But he does coach them up well. A lot of it is recruiting though.
            From an outsider thats lived here for 20+ years: The school and its program reputation do the recruiting for Saban. The school will actually shift its academic schedule to accommodate the football schedule! Articles about how Bama could practice more than Clemson leading up to the game were all over the place. Thats by design guys!! Seriously!! My daughter goes to Auburn and her academic schedule is very different from Bama's and the schools are 3 hours apart. Why? This is a publicly funded "University" designed around a football program and the all mighty dollar, preying upon the uneducated and weak minded citizens known as "Roll Tiders"/
            sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              From an outsider thats lived here for 20+ years: The school and its program reputation do the recruiting for Saban. The school will actually shift its academic schedule to accommodate the football schedule! Articles about how Bama could practice more than Clemson leading up to the game were all over the place. Thats by design guys!! Seriously!! My daughter goes to Auburn and her academic schedule is very different from Bama's and the schools are 3 hours apart. Why? This is a publicly funded "University" designed around a football program and the all mighty dollar, preying upon the uneducated and weak minded citizens known as "Roll Tiders"/
              It all makes sense. They do get a lot of the best players thats for sure. Every year.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

My observations of "Roll Tiders" after living here for 20+ years.

1. Roll Tiders believe that Alabama football is by far the epitome of athletics. It is perfection. Always has been, always will be. It is the sole reason for their existence.

2. The sun rises and sets in Nick Sabans ass.

3. Everyone should bow down in awe at the mention of Alabama, Bear Bryant and/or Nick Saban.

4. Roll Tiders have no respect for any other program or its history and accomplishments. They are all inferior and unworthy.

5. No team should even bother to take the field against Alabama. They are unworthy and it is unfathomable that anyone would dare to try and defeat the almighty Alabama.

6. The average Roll Tider doesn't even know that Alabama is a University. A place of supposed higher education and most have never even stepped foot on the campus.

7. Roll Tiders are like the 'Discount double-check' guy. Its all they know how to say and they always use it when losing an argument.

8. It is impossible to watch an Alabama football game with Roll Tiders. All they do is scream 'Roll Tide' for the entire game, make preposterous excuses for any mistake and deride the opponent.

9. If you beat Alabama a Roll Tider will come to your campus and commit a truly disgusting act of vandalism.

10. Roll Tiders are known to be one of the most arrogant and disrespectful fanbases in sports. They are not above committing acts of violence or crimes in the name of Alabama.
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

If it weren't for the United States of America, the University of Alabama would still be all white. It's a backward place that teaches backward values. Football first - nothing else matters.

I've never lived in Alabama but I have lived in the not-so-deep South. I wonder if Alabama is the same - open racism without all the segregation that we'd find in most places in California. Where I lived in the South, there weren't many all-white or all-black neighborhoods. The streets, barbecues, bedrooms, weddings, and funerals were integrated but the people talked shit about the other race constantly. There were a few monuments dedicated to the time when the foreign invaders burned our city down. (By the way, the foreign invaders were the United States military.) The things we could agree on were basketball, those fucking mosquitoes, bitches, New Yorkers, hurricanes, and Mexicans.

In Cali, nobody is allowed to say the N word, but Compton is all black, Malibu is all white, and the only place we see each other is in Long Beach. I guess I can say, in my place in the South, people didn't fool themselves into thinking they were better than others. It was a good lesson for this pompous native San Diegan.
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-13-2016, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    My observations of "Roll Tiders" after living here for 20+ years.

1. Roll Tiders believe that Alabama football is by far the epitome of athletics. It is perfection. Always has been, always will be. It is the sole reason for their existence.

2. The sun rises and sets in Nick Sabans ass.

3. Everyone should bow down in awe at the mention of Alabama, Bear Bryant and/or Nick Saban.

4. Roll Tiders have no respect for any other program or its history and accomplishments. They are all inferior and unworthy.

5. No team should even bother to take the field against Alabama. They are unworthy and it is unfathomable that anyone would dare to try and defeat the almighty Alabama.

6. The average Roll Tider doesn't even know that Alabama is a University. A place of supposed higher education and most have never even stepped foot on the campus.

7. Roll Tiders are like the 'Discount double-check' guy. Its all they know how to say and they always use it when losing an argument.

8. It is impossible to watch an Alabama football game with Roll Tiders. All they do is scream 'Roll Tide' for the entire game, make preposterous excuses for any mistake and deride the opponent.

9. If you beat Alabama a Roll Tider will come to your campus and commit a truly disgusting act of vandalism.

10. Roll Tiders are known to be one of the most arrogant and disrespectful fanbases in sports. They are not above committing acts of violence or crimes in the name of Alabama.
                    This sounds tremendously similar to NDSU Bison fans. (and yeah, they've earned it, but man they are arrogant.)
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X