• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I think TT takes reasonable players in every round except round 3. Those round 3 reaches are a problem. I still don’t see last year’s reach at S as being able to play this year. He has speed but no strength and poor tackling skills. He may be another 4 year project. Did he go 4 years in college without lifting a weight?

As for rounds 5-7, develop seems to be missing from the draft and develop philosophy.

Overall, TT is a middling GM. A JAG.
    And yet many of us expect the Chargers to be in the 2023 playoffs and win one or more games. Grading him on the current roster
    the personnel are better than average, therefore so is TT. I understand objections to past actions but submit that there has been growth.
    Veach & Reid are the current best and we are over the target, challenging in the AFCW.
    2023 Should be interesting.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Telesco is a high IQ guy with a long NFL background.
      He has, in the past, been so reluctant to spend on FAs that many fans wanted him gone.
      For the last two years he has shocked fans with quality FA signings and drafted top OL.
      With no thought to the future? Seems most unlikely.
      This fan is looking forward to the 2023 NFL season.
      Not much into "Days of Our (nfl) Lives" off-season drama.
      Many fans want him gone because over 10 years he has produced next to nothing.
      He can pitch pennies at free agents for all I care.

Some fans don't seem to mind: every year they surge after the draft and end up fighting pitched battle rear guard actions to close out the season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

The Herbert in his rookie year contract window is rapidly being shut.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Nah, all the good moves the last two years were because of Staley. The improvement of the OL and the acquisition of quality contributors were because of him. People are calling for his head and want him gone. When Telesco makes the moves, he gets players who are past their prime.
          Staley certainly seems to enjoy mugging for the camera on the matter of one of his perceived hits.
          Why did we learn that he contacted Kirby Smart directly before the Chargers selected Salyer?
          Who did Staley contact during Spiller's fall shortly before selecting him?

The farther removed from the 2021 draft, the more it fits the typical Telesco pattern (the so called Staley draft):

after the 2nd round: Palmer (meh), McKitty cat (a seeming miss), Rumph II (meh), Jaimes (a miss), Nieman (meh), Rountree II (yawn), Webb (released)

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Staley certainly seems to enjoy mugging for the camera on the matter of one of his perceived hits.
            Why did we learn that he contacted Kirby Smart directly before the Chargers selected Salyer?
            Who did Staley contact during Spiller's fall shortly before selecting him?

The farther removed from the 2021 draft, the more it fits the typical Telesco pattern (the so called Staley draft):

after the 2nd round: Palmer (meh), McKitty cat (a seeming miss), Rumph II (meh), Jaimes (a miss), Nieman (meh), Rountree II (yawn), Webb (released)

Too funny...maybe Telesco can only draft inside the top 10 to have any chance...
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

He’s not only missed on players but coaches as well. And that is more of an issue IMO. So missing on both gives you no chance of winning.

I love the Chargers but I’m having a hard thinking we will make the playoffs this year. With KC, Payton now in Denver and a tough schedule, it’s looking pretty dim. If Staley can make the playoffs this year, it will be his best year and go a long way to winning more fans all around.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                He’s not only missed on players but coaches as well. And that is more of an issue IMO. So missing on both gives you no chance of winning.

I love the Chargers but I’m having a hard thinking we will make the playoffs this year. With KC, Payton now in Denver and a tough schedule, it’s looking pretty dim. If Staley can make the playoffs this year, it will be his best year and go a long way to winning more fans all around.
                Denver and LVR are unknowns. KC is the S B Champ- one we played very close twice in a very bad injury year. We Should compete well with KC.
                Win one of those 1 score games. 3 of 4 vs Den, LVR. Or better. Payton is no Andy Reid, Wilson is not in Mahomes or Herbert's class and the Turds are doing a rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                X