• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Draft all 6-5, 255 4th rounder Maxx Crosby types He gets held every down and still puts up great sack numbers.

It's sort of a joke. Either beat the hold or force them to make it so obvious that it has to be called. Punks have tantrums. Pass rushers kick ass.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

This thread started as a discussion about creating pressure without elite edge pass rushers because of the way the NFL is (not) calling holding, and their (edge rusher's) price tags not living up to their performance. This concept extends to IDL as well, for the same reason. I get that edge rushers are the primary way the NFL currently gets pressure - the discussion was how to go away from this concept and still be successful.

Does it make sense to invest 40 to 50 mil in salary cap on a couple of edge rushers that (might) combine for 20 sacks in a season? Is this the best use of our resources?
      Its not an either/or. Who are the IDL rushers that will get similar pressure besides CJ and how much will they cost? Chris Jones is a $20M player, and worth every penny. I’m not anti-ID, I just don’t see the guy to do it for us.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
      X