Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Ekeler: Negotiated Incentives for 2023 Contract Year

Say it ain’t so. What is going to happen here fellas? We need this guy.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-13-2023, 01:40 PM.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

If he wants to hold let him do it... we still have him under contract... draft a similar player, somehow we always seem to have one of his type... just a different name.

I appreciate Ekeler, dont get me wrong. I just dont like some of this antics... pretty much believe the agent is the one behind this.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I have noticed over time that most Charger fans always side with management in these situations and are against paying the player.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Damn.
        wtf
        Money?
        Where would be LIKE to go?
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

We need to trade him, look I love Ekeler for what he is but what he isn’t is holding this team back. We need an every down back and Ekeler just isn’t that. Teams know when he’s on the field to play the pass and if he runs DL can arm tackle him easily. Sure he’s a monster in space but that makes this team one dimensional. We need to draft Bijan Robinson if he’s there and let this guy keep defenses honest when he’s on the field. Having a running game keeps defenses honest by pulling safety’s down, forcing DE to be honest and not pin their ears back every play and opens up the play action pass.

We were lacking that because Ekeler is a great change of pace back, not a 3 down back. I was hoping they would be able to have Ekeler and Bijan this year and do some awesome things from a 2 back set but if we trade Ekeler and move on to Bijan not only will it save money but it makes this team more unpredictable.

Comment

• BoltBacker
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Las Vegas, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            If he wants to hold let him do it... we still have him under contract... draft a similar player, somehow we always seem to have one of his type... just a different name.

I appreciate Ekeler, dont get me wrong. I just dont like some of this antics... pretty much believe the agent is the one behind this.
            What are some of his antics? Team player, always in shape, gives 100% on the field and has maximized his talent. Off the field never gets in trouble, gives great interviews and represents his team well showing both his intelligence and business acumen.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              I have noticed over time that most Charger fans always side with management in these situations and are against paying the player.
              Paying Ekeler like he’s a everydown back when he isn’t is a bad idea. Not to mention paying backs a second contract is a bad idea, double for quick and fast players since that’s the first thing that goes with age.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • Send PM

I am reading a valuation chasm, Eck feels disrespected. When a loyal player and champion of his team requests a trade, time to make the trade.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Sorry Eke, I love you.
                  No trade.
                  Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

He went from feeling really, sincerely, deeply appreciated when he signed the last contract to feeling undervalued and disrespected? Hmm.

I was hoping the little shots he took at Herbert earlier were just chum, but maybe he really is unhappy on this team. I really like Ekeler, think he is a great player, and is a great story, too.

And he has to know (because he is a very smart man, no doubt about that):

1. RBs are undervalued in today's NFL as a rule
                    2. The Chargers are not in a place to be able to pay him more

Trade him for Dalvin Cook straight up? Or is Cook a massive pay increase?

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Paying Ekeler like he’s a everydown back when he isn’t is a bad idea. Not to mention paying backs a second contract is a bad idea, double for quick and fast players since that’s the first thing that goes with age.
                      Why not pay him like a player who gains more than 1.5k offensive yards and scores 20 TDs per season then? Because that is what he brings to the offense.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Explore our trade options and see if maybe we could get a 3rd?If so take that 3rd use it to trade up if necessary and go get Bijooooon!!!Problem seriously solved.Also grab a late rounder RB like Keaton Mitchell in later rounds.Or get a good pick and go grab Kareem Hunt or D.Johnson.We have options here.

Comment

Working...
                        X