• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I think by the way Ekler keeps reciting his production stats, he is gunning for top 5 RB money. Double his salary to 12.5 and he is tied for 4th with Henry. You can make the case he deserves it, he is just trying in the wrong market, not only for RBs but it is a slow FA market. Some top free agents are taking lower contracts and one year deals.

Most teams aren't spending big and seem to be waiting for the cap to go up next year. And very few teams are signing veteran RBs to 3rd contracts.
    Very true. I don't think he's getting a multi-year contract with any team anytime soon. If it's true the Chargers offered a two year extension of about $13M guaranteed
    he was foolish not to jump on the offer.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s not as black and white as you want to make it out to be…if they take an edge at 21, yeah, technically he won’t be a starter but he’s still going to play a ton, either because of the rotation or because mack is older and bosa can’t seem to stay on the field for long…so the smart thing is to build depth and plan ahead a bit, knowing that change is coming in 2024 ( a top shelf edge group this year too), keenan, mack, or bosa…someone is going to be traded or cut…so technically not a starter but still a huge upgrade and insurance for 2024 without knowing if the edge group will be as deep in 2024…

TE is another position that needs upgrading, a rookie TE might not start right away but perhaps might start by the end of the season…
      I've thoroughly looked at the cowboy offense and our roster.
      for better or worse, I fully expect round 1 to be one of the top TEs
      Specifically, I think it's Washington at 21
      I know there will be a lot of disappointment at TPB (not me) but he is tailor made for the Moore offense.
      his, "Derwin"
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So you are the one lol.

Imo calling him the next LT is premature. I really like him but I'm not going to go that far.

You know LT had questions about his hands coming out as he didn't have a lot of receptions so LT wasn't LT,......til he was.amd showed he can catch the ball and be great.
        Yes, the next LT. LT actually always was LT, everyone just didn’t know it yet. Calling Bijan = LT2.0 after he does it isn’t calling it at all. Gotta call it now yea or nay or you just got no call at all.

He’s got the hands, he’s got the fluid effortless moves, he’s got the fast acceleration burst to go with next level vision to always get more than is there, he’s strong inside when needed, and he’s faster in the 40 than LT to break away on any touch.

FYI my last big call before universal consensus caught up … was Herbie

I recommend y’all write it down now. TT - i know you’re out there too … take note! Move up, grab him, make the biggest impact on your team since Justin.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I know there will be a lot of disappointment at TPB (not me) but he is tailor made for the Moore offense.
          his, "Derwin"
          I wont be disappointed. His beastly blocking can only help improve our run game and the guy is BIG and fast. He looked good receiving at the combine and made the best catch of the event, a spectacular one handed grab on the sideline. I saw enough to think he can develop into a receiving weapon also.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

his, "Derwin"
            Washington is a big guy more inclined to be a good blocker not a big receiving threat downfield. He had no production in college as a
            receiver. He's got the physical build and athleticism. But beyond that no clue how he'll do in the NFL. I much would prefer Kincaid if he's OK with
            his back issue or Mayer. Both would be a better fit than Washington. If we want a blocker just bring in another O line guy and make him
            eligible to catch the ball.

Also not so sure TE is in the cards in the 1st round. Our starters seem set, unless Ekeler leaves but weak points are many. Among them
            LB, Safety, slot CB, OG and DL. Even edge is a good possibility since one or both of Mack, Bosa not likely to be with the Chargers in 2024.
            So perhaps best available. It's going to be a very interesting draft.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Washington is a big guy more inclined to be a good blocker not a big receiving threat downfield. He had no production in college as a
              receiver. He's got the physical build and athleticism. But beyond that no clue how he'll do in the NFL. I much would prefer Kincaid if he's OK with
              his back issue or Mayer. Both would be a better fit than Washington. If we want a blocker just bring in another O line guy and make him

Also not so sure TE is in the cards in the 1st round. Our starters seem set, unless Ekeler leaves but weak points are many. Among them
              LB, Safety, slot CB, OG and DL. Even edge is a good possibility since one or both of Mack, Bosa not likely to be with the Chargers in 2024.
              Good thoughts and insights. I agree, the Chargers have good options at every starting position for 2023. Depth is an issue. Chargers are in a place where they can draft the best on their board at OL, edge, WR, TE, RB, etc and upgrade the team. But there is not a screaming need for someone as I see it.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

DW might improve our run game over Bijan.
                imho Moore and Staley's number 1 priority on offense is having a legitimate run game.
                Moore uses his best blocking TE as a fullback.
                Parham is a good blocker, not a great one, sure we can find joe schmoe to block in day 3 but our run game depends on this position.
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s not as black and white as you want to make it out to be…if they take an edge at 21, yeah, technically he won’t be a starter but he’s still going to play a ton, either because of the rotation or because mack is older and bosa can’t seem to stay on the field for long…so the smart thing is to build depth and plan ahead a bit, knowing that change is coming in 2024 ( a top shelf edge group this year too), keenan, mack, or bosa…someone is going to be traded or cut…so technically not a starter but still a huge upgrade and insurance for 2024 without knowing if the edge group will be as deep in 2024…

TE is another position that needs upgrading, a rookie TE might not start right away but perhaps might start by the end of the season…
                  Agree it’s not as black or white, that’s why I was concerned about the word “depth.” I think of depth as, well, not even a rotational guy. WR, EDGE, RB would all see significant snaps, possibly CB and IDL too. Other positions, later rounds for depth, yeah.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

DW might improve our run game over Bijan.
                    imho Moore and Staley's number 1 priority on offense is having a legitimate run game.
                    Moore uses his best blocking TE as a fullback.
                    Parham is a good blocker, not a great one, sure we can find joe schmoe to block in day 3 but our run game depends on this position.
                    If our running game depends on a TE then we are in trouble once again. We can always bring in a 6th O line guy or go with a 2 TE formation.
                    I'd want more playmakers for Herbert. I am not so sure Washington is that in the NFL. Both Kincaid and Mayer offer better receiving options.

If we want to run the ball better then we best improve our run blocking and/or improve the blocking scheme and play designs. For example the
                    49ers are pretty damn good running team. They do not run the ball between the tackles with any kind of regularity. Instead they use a outside
                    zone blocking scheme which stretches the defense and makes their RBs and Deebo a threat by creating space. When the D catches on they stack
                    the box making the passing game easier for their average arm strength QBs.

Personally if it's between Washington and a top edge guy I'd go with the edge guy.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Agree it’s not as black or white, that’s why I was concerned about the word “depth.” I think of depth as, well, not even a rotational guy. WR, EDGE, RB would all see significant snaps, possibly CB and IDL too. Other positions, later rounds for depth, yeah.
                      CBs can play a whole game. They don't need rotational players, like a few position groups do, except for guys who play the slot. The number 4 or 5 CBs are for special teams units.

RB should be considered in the event of injury to one of the 3 RBs. Concerning Ekeler, I think he will play his last season with the Chargers.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

CBs can play a whole game. They don't need rotational players, like a few position groups do, except for guys who play the slot. The number 4 or 5 CBs are for special teams units.

RB should be considered in the event of injury to one of the 3 RBs. Concerning Ekeler, I think he will play his last season with the Chargers.
                        We have two starting CBs, not sure we have a slot guy, that’s why maybe CB at 21 if the right guy is there (guessing it would be plug and play guy for opposite Vato and bump Samuels to slot..).

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We have two starting CBs, not sure we have a slot guy, that’s why maybe CB at 21 if the right guy is there (guessing it would be plug and play guy for opposite Vato and bump Samuels to slot..).
                          No word on Jackson's possible recovery. That looms large since you correctly pointed out a need for a CB. CB could very well be up top the Chargers board.

Comment

Working...
                          X