• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, you’re more than a lil bit hatey. It’s ok, we love ya. Especially fellow lefties …
    I prefer 'realist' . . . . .

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

It's OK to quote me in your reply, TG.
      We are old pals, Q. I have always liked you and you make the world a better place. I just don't see the world the way you do. But still like you.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

We are old pals, Q. I have always liked you and you make the world a better place. I just don't see the world the way you do. But still like you.

TG
        Yeah, we go way back, don't we? There are a few of us here who've been around each other for a while. My Charger world is basically flat-lining these days. Beaten to death by the Span-Ass clown show that we've all had to endure these past too many years.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kendricks is a nice add. I most look forward to healthy players and Moore's top scoring O.
          Kendricks >> Tranq. Qsmoke just doesn’t know it - he sits in the back seat and stares in the rear view mirror. He is sad about where we have been, it blocks any vision of where we are going.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I prefer 'realist' . . . . .
            I know. I prefer optimistic to Polly-cracker-ish fyi.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Kendricks >> Tranq. Qsmoke just doesn’t know it - he sits in the back seat and stares in the rear view mirror. He is sad about where we have been, it blocks any vision of where we are going.
              Let's say that's true. Is it something to be excited about? A marginal upgrade - if it is - is all we have to show for the off-season, player-wise? Compare this to last year, when we were making a huge splash and, IMO, warranted the optimism. So tell me, Swami Dmac, where are we going? If we couldn't do it with the team we had last year, and we haven't made any real improvements, how is "where we're going" any better than where we've been? Did I miss Span-Ass selling the team and the new owner hiring a competent GM with a qualified HC? Or do you really expect Tommy T to nail all of our draft picks from our bottom 12 position in each round? Has that been his track record? What makes you think that it's suddenly going to change? Hope? Faith (in what)? Because it's "our time"? All of which defines Pollyanna-ism.

Most of the Pollyannas ignore what a history of losing - and a meddling ownership - can do to a team's performance, year-in and year-out. The rear view is all too similar to the front view, because the same guy owns the car, the car is in disrepair, the 'mechanic' (ie GM) hasn't been able to fix it, and the guy behind the wheel (HC) is a shitty driver.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Bringing back most of the injury-plagued team that somehow managed 10 wins, new OC, and (so far, no draft yet) better ILB play, not to mention a starting Oline that looks much better than anything we had last year, I’m actually pretty hopeful. Grab a couple O weapons in the draft, maybe a top EDGE player to fight with Rumph, with good health we could make some noise. Or suck eggs, you never know. But hard not to factor in last off season this off season, most of those guys are still here, no?

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Let's say that's true. Is it something to be excited about? A marginal upgrade - if it is - is all we have to show for the off-season, player-wise? Compare this to last year, when we were making a huge splash and, IMO, warranted the optimism. So tell me, Swami Dmac, where are we going? If we couldn't do it with the team we had last year, and we haven't made any real improvements, how is "where we're going" any better than where we've been? Did I miss Span-Ass selling the team and the new owner hiring a competent GM with a qualified HC? Or do you really expect Tommy T to nail all of our draft picks from our bottom 12 position in each round? Has that been his track record? What makes you think that it's suddenly going to change? Hope? Faith (in what)? Because it's "our time"? All of which defines Pollyanna-ism.

Most of the Pollyannas ignore what a history of losing - and a meddling ownership - can do to a team's performance, year-in and year-out. The rear view is all too similar to the front view, because the same guy owns the car, the car is in disrepair, the 'mechanic' (ie GM) hasn't been able to fix it, and the guy behind the wheel (HC) is a shitty driver.
                  I don't know if I'm as pessimistic as you. I believe our coaching staff is getting better. So really, it comes down to whether our draft is successful or not, and our aging Broken superstars recovering to former glory. If he fails on both accounts he gets an E ticket out of here!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

I know. I prefer optimistic to Polly-cracker-ish fyi.
                    Done . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Brilliant!!! Best quote of the day (so far).

To be fair - there's SOME room for optimism, due to;

1) New OC (maybe for new DC as well - but I'm not prepared to go that far).

2) Better health. This is really what killed us last year; Bosa, Slater, Jackson, Allen, MW, Herbert, etc, etc. We'll lose guys during the year as we always do, but hopefully not to the extent we got hammered in 22.

Basically - we're due . . . . . . not much to hang your hat on, but better than nothing . Oh and - if Mahomes can break a leg (or an arm) that would help greatly!!!!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

I picture Staley ripping an old skool muscle car breaking loose and bouncing off a few curbs trying to win.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

I hope you don't have season tickets !

Comment

Working...
                          X