• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Fact is until we start makin some real noise in the playoffs and not the historical embarrassing loss type like last year we are who they all say we are,the Chokers.We have Justin freakin Herbert!At least we know BS can't BS his way outta another disappointing season ender this year.Him and TT damn well better have this team and our QB playin to their full potential or its John Harbaugh time!!!(Hopefully).

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

None of my posts are low effort, thank you. Snarky, for sure; but never low effort!
      Me too . . . . don't tar me with the 'low effort' brush!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

None of my posts are low effort, thank you. Snarky, for sure; but never low effort!
        I understand that the hope triumphs over experience crowd is acting up again.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I am excited that they
          - get a half dozen+ top players back from IR this year
          - Upgrade the offense with Moore
          - Upgrade the defense with a real coach Ainsley instead of clipboard holding Hill
          - Upgrade ILB for our weakest link of interior rush defense
          - Lost no players of significance

the draft will secure a few exciting new key pieces for the 2023 run now that the OL is solid, and a few savvy KVN type vet signings will augment the roster.

You sigh doom as if we were a 4-13 team. We were 10-7, in every game except 2 (?) and stood toe to toe with our arch foe and SB winner KC twice, one loss only on a lucky fluke 99yd pick. We lost the WC game by one point but you feel we lost by 30. We were not far off, despite suffering the most extreme injury accumulation of any of the contending teams by far. A year of seasoning, better offensive scheme, a year of staley maturation, yada yada - the team is still on the up despite your despair.

you’re the guy that always assumes the most negative interpretation of anything. Sometimes you fabricate negative imaginary scenarios out of thin air and then convince yourself they must be true. It’s either so you won’t be disappointed, or just so you can say i told you so. It’s a sad way to live, but you do you all you want.

Love n peace, brother, I know we have a good team and anything can happen.
          My enthusiasm is currently tempered . . . . . show me you can win when it matters. Be clutch - don't fold and embarrass us (again). Until then I'll continue to be (slightly) hatey . To each his own.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Once again, my Charger posts are simply that: posts about the Chargers. They are not a portal into my soul; you know nothing about my life to say that posting as I do here is a "sad way to live". I call it like I see it. All the excuses in the world - and they *are* excuses - are not going to turn the tide on what's right in front of us.
            its sad to see you bravely try to hide your pain

As to your points:
            - We will get players back...for a while...until the next half dozen go down with injuries. It's inevitable; every team has to deal with it. We just deal with it worse than most because our shitty GM doesn't know how to build depth on the roster.
            -
            Thats just assuming the most negative possible result, as i said
            The jury is out on Moore. He was unceremoniously fired from his previous job and there were a number of people in Dallas who felt he was part of the problem with Prescot/Dallas' offense. To say, as you do, that he automatically upgrades the offense is just classic Pollyanna-ism. What's FAIR and REALISTIC to say is that it remains to be seen. But no, Pollyannas project every move to be positive without any proof.
            you were among the loud voices that Lombo was a key input to the problem. They replace him with a OC that produced better results, but he’s not really an upgrade? Again - you choose the worst possible interpretation. Fuck some people in Dallas with a vested interest in blaming someone else. Dak sucks and Moore was able to do what he did. Just wait with a real elite QB - just wait.
            - Ainsley - whoever he is - falls into the same category. How do you KNOW he's a "real" DC, as opposed to (in your words) clipboard holder Hill? He could just as easily be another Hill as another Fangio. But, again, just because the move was made it automatically becomes a positive.
            how do you know he’s not? Again, you assume the worst and call it “real”. Worst case ridiculous assumptions are not “real”
            - Kendricks' best seasons were three years ago. He's 31, and on the downside of his career. Another fact that gets ignored. But he is CERTAINLY going to improve the rush defense, no questions asked. Right.
            I think you agreed with me
            - We may not have lost any players of significance, but we haven't gained any, either. And no, I don't count Kendricks; his addition is a virtual wash with Tranquil's departure.
            I think its an upgrade
            None of that is fabricated.

Bottom line: We're going into the season with almost the exact same team we had last year. And we WILL have injuries. If not Slater, then Linsley. If not Bosa, then Mack. If not ASJ, then Vato. Injuries are part of the game, and to hang your hat on the historically inaccurate expectation that the Chargers will escape injury...that's just Pollyanna-ism in spades. I also love how you brush aside the monumental collapse in the WC game, calling it a "one point loss". LOL!! Yeah a 1-point loss after being ahead by 27. What an accomplishment. The only thing that loss prevented was another loss to the Chiefs in the next game, so I guess that is a positive.
            Bottom line is we missed the most key starters of any team in the playoffs. There’s no reason to think we will suffer the absolute worst injury attrition rate twice in a row, thats just being negative. You still want to imagine a 1 pt loss is really a 27 pt loss. Its not. 1 pt is 1 pt is 1 pt. You brush aside the monumental lead they created. I don’t brush anything - they lost by 1 pt in the playoffs as the clock expired and you act like they are a horrible team. Horrible teams are not in the playoffs and don’t take the game to the last tick of the clock.

Then you assume we automatically lost to the Chiefs the next week. Beats me if we did, the chiefs didn’t win by much in any game we’ve played them in the Staley era, Took them a fluke 99yd pick-six to win one of them. They are not the ‘85 Bears, they are a very good team that can be beat.

By the Chargers. In 2023

i feel bad for you. I want to give you a hug.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Once again, my Charger posts are simply that: posts about the Chargers. They are not a portal into my soul; you know nothing about my life to say that posting as I do here is a "sad way to live". I call it like I see it. All the excuses in the world - and they *are* excuses - are not going to turn the tide on what's right in front of us.
              If you call it like you see it here, it's not a stretch to think you do that outside of a forum. If you scoff at excuses here, it's not a stretch to also think you do that outside of a forum. This pattern would indicate a high likelihood that you are also a pessimist outside of the board. Maybe that is way off base, but my extensive knowledge of personalities from my psychology minor from SDSU (don't laugh it's true - the minor part, anyway) thinks it unlikely. But that is just a guess Q! Maybe you are a giggly, optimistic Pollyana in all other ears of life. . I hope so, because otherwise it would be a sad way to live.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you call it like you see it here, it's not a stretch to think you do that outside of a forum. If you scoff at excuses here, it's not a stretch to also think you do that outside of a forum. This pattern would indicate a high likelihood that you are also a pessimist outside of the board. Maybe that is way off base, but my extensive knowledge of personalities from my psychology minor from SDSU (don't laugh it's true - the minor part, anyway) thinks it unlikely. But that is just a guess Q! Maybe you are a giggly, optimistic Pollyanna in all other ears of life. . I hope so, because otherwise it would be a sad way to live.
                There's something in between my negative posts about the Chargers and being a giggly Pollyanna, Dr. Rich, PhD. In real life, I'm neither (i.e., always negative or a Pollyanna). It's really no more complicated than that. But you, and a few others, insist on countering my negative posts about the Chargers with opinions about my mental health. Now THAT'S sad, and truly a desperate way to respond, so I guess my posts must really hit a nerve. For the 35th time...my analysis of the Chargers has been honed by 43+ years of following the team. My most recent tirades have been aimed at the current ownership's direction for the team, which has yet to offer anything more than teasing, ultimately failure-filled results. And they continue to make the same mistakes, year after year. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to see that, either. Just ask any non-Charger football fan. Only the Pollyannas here can't see it, because they choose to blindly drink the Kool-Aid that has led ALL of us to nothing more than disappointment and heartache over the years of watching them.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  its sad to see you bravely try to hide your pain

As to your points:
                  -
                  Thats just assuming the most negative possible result, as i said

you were among the loud voices that Lombo was a key input to the problem. They replace him with a OC that produced better results, but he’s not really an upgrade? Again - you choose the worst possible interpretation. Fuck some people in Dallas with a vested interest in blaming someone else. Dak sucks and Moore was able to do what he did. Just wait with a real elite QB - just wait.

how do you know he’s not? Again, you assume the worst and call it “real”. Worst case ridiculous assumptions are not “real”

I think you agreed with me

I think its an upgrade

Bottom line is we missed the most key starters of any team in the playoffs. There’s no reason to think we will suffer the absolute worst injury attrition rate twice in a row, thats just being negative. You still want to imagine a 1 pt loss is really a 27 pt loss. Its not. 1 pt is 1 pt is 1 pt. You brush aside the monumental lead they created. I don’t brush anything - they lost by 1 pt in the playoffs as the clock expired and you act like they are a horrible team. Horrible teams are not in the playoffs and don’t take the game to the last tick of the clock.

Then you assume we automatically lost to the Chiefs the next week. Beats me if we did, the chiefs didn’t win by much in any game we’ve played them in the Staley era, Took them a fluke 99yd pick-six to win one of them. They are not the ‘85 Bears, they are a very good team that can be beat.

By the Chargers. In 2023

i feel bad for you. I want to give you a hug.
                  Feel bad for yourself, you're the one who thinks the Chargers are heading in the right direction.

And I have to LOL! when you try and spin - unsuccessfully - a colossal, nearly historic, collapse in the WC game last year into a valiant 1-pt loss. Good game, Chargers! You took it right to the wire. Tough loss. LOL! LOL! LOL!

dmac...you are an amusing fellow. You, alone, make posting negative shit about the Chargers well worth it.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

There's something in between my negative posts about the Chargers and being a giggly Pollyanna, Dr. Rich, PhD. In real life, I'm neither (i.e., always negative or a Pollyanna). It's really no more complicated than that. But you, and a few others, insist on countering my negative posts about the Chargers with opinions about my mental health. Now THAT'S sad, and truly a desperate way to respond, so I guess my posts must really hit a nerve. For the 35th time...my analysis of the Chargers has been honed by 43+ years of following the team. My most recent tirades have been aimed at the current ownership's direction for the team, which has yet to offer anything more than teasing, ultimately failure-filled results. And they continue to make the same mistakes, year after year. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to see that, either. Just ask any non-Charger football fan. Only the Pollyannas here can't see it, because they choose to blindly drink the Kool-Aid that has led ALL of us to nothing more than disappointment and heartache over the years of watching them.
                    Fans . . . . . short for Fanatics

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

You don't hit a nerve, people are just genuinely puzzled why you'd waste time on something you feel has literally no chance to succeed. That is certainly your prerogative but you really can't actually be surprised that you elicit a response when everything you focus on is the bad. The Spanos family is not going anywhere (barring a miracle in Dea Spanos winning her lawsuit) so it appears nothing will ever change. Why subject yourself to the constant disappointment and frustration with the loser team? That is actually a serious question, not snark...

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You don't hit a nerve, people are just genuinely puzzled why you'd waste time on something you feel has literally no chance to succeed. That is certainly your prerogative but you really can't actually be surprised that you elicit a response when everything you focus on is the bad. The Spanos family is not going anywhere (barring a miracle in Dea Spanos winning her lawsuit) so it appears nothing will ever change. Why subject yourself to the constant disappointment and frustration with the loser team? That is actually a serious question, not snark...
                        And something I've asked myself several times, to be honest. It's hard to let go. The Chargers are the only sports team - professional or otherwise - that I root for (or against ). My only hope for this team - as it was in the Ryan Leaf Era, when I championed for the Leaf-led Chargers to implode in the hopes that real change would take place (and it did) - is that somehow the blind squirrel Span-Asses will actually stumble upon a nut. I don't have faith in Telesco; I think Staley is in over his head. There's a part of me that thinks that the proverbial light bulb will go off in at least one of the Span-Ass brains (if they have any) and they'll shift gears to a better, finally-successful model. Probably a fool's hope, as you say.

A question from me to you and others who feel similarly: Why do YOU support the team, when you as much as admit that "nothing will ever change"? Do you experience that much enjoyment watching one episode of 'Chargering' after another? That's what puzzles me. Why isn't everyone as mad as I am?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I just said you assume the worst at all times regarding our beloved team. i said that because you consistently do. There is no balance, no benefit of doubt, no ray of hope. often its unsupported imagined derogatory accusations with no data or information behind it.

I said that is a sad way to live, because that is what i think, it’s my perspective, my view. Why would anyone love a team they seem to viscerally and thoroughly distrust, disbelieve and assume will always fail, this is what i wonder to myself. That to me would be a very sad way to go about being a fan of anything. You are of course free to say it’s not sad but my perspective is unchanged. I think it is. But I made and make no comments on your mental state - you seem sharp, cogent and completely aware of your perspectives. Sad is not a mental disorder.

I have also followed my beloved bolts for over 40 years. Big deal, you don’t get any special medals, I’d bet 80% of TPB have followed the Chargers for 40 years. The Chiefs hadn’t won a SB since we were kids, 1970? yet here they are approaching dynastic status. Tomorrow is always possible to me, negative people are a bore, especially repetitive negativity, which you specialize in posting, To me its just an an avoidance mechanism that lacks the courage of taking a chance, having hope. As you are here constantly, you do love the team, my guess is you are afraid to have hope because you are afraid to be let down (again). Thats sad to me.

I’m not afraid of shit. I don’t care how many times I get knocked down and i don’t care how many times my team stumbles. There is always tomorrow and I’m up and I’m ready to try again. If I miss, fuck it, I’ll just try again. I’ve been grinding since I was 8 years old, I’ll grind till I’m dust. Next day, next step, next chance. you’re wrong the team is a bad team. They are not. They were a playoff team despite near-record injury decimation. you take the easy negative assumption they will be decimated again in 2023 to another historic level. I don’t - I think they will not suffer such luck twice in a row, they will be a playoff team, and with some effort and good fortune, anything is possible. We never saw the vision of last year’s strategy get played, this year we will, only it will be honed with more experience, more knowlege, a few more players and a few improved coaches. GO BOLTS!

yeah, its sad. Hugs?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X