• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

You must have a lead a very simple, Pollyanna-ish existence, having to stalk this 'crotchety crank' around cyber-space to make yourself feel better. I consider that my good deed for the day. And just think: Your life will be so much happier to know that I'm not leaving! LOL! Too much Chargering to comment on in the coming months. Gotta have some balance, ya know. Reality bites. And the truth hurts.
    I do find humor in the strangest places, my wife has been shaking her head for 20 yrs but she loves me for who i am. Life is fabulous, I’ve had plenty of tests and troubles, challenges and opportunities - it’s all in the river of life and I’m flowin’, baby!

Our relationship has blossomed to the point that I find joy in our exchanges. I’d miss you. We both know we’re fairly set in our places, and since our endless exchanges are otherwise pointless, i just enjoy them. That and I hate to give up a guy who is just screaming to be saved.

I would like to know your definition of “tiny part of my life”. You’re here pretty much every hour of the day

ready for that hug?
    Last edited by dmac_bolt; 03-23-2023, 12:58 PM.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I do find humor in the strangest places, my wife has been shaking her head for 20 yrs but she loves me for who i am. Life is fabulous, I’ve had plenty of tests and troubles, challenges and opportunities - it’s all in the river of life and I’m flowin’, baby!

Our relationship has blossomed to the point that I find joy in our exchanges. I’d miss you. We both know we’re fairly set in our places, and since our endless exchanges are otherwise pointless, i just enjoy them. That and I hate to give up a guy who is just screaming to be saved.

I would like to know your definition of “tiny part of my life”. You’re here pretty much every hour of the day

ready for that hug?
      I'm retired, so I do spend some time (too much, this is true) on the computer. Sometime I just 'drive by' and drop a post on my way on to something else. The Spring is coming, however, so my time will shrink as the weather warms up and there are outside things to do. I find the exchanges here interesting. And, as I said, I don't root for any other team in any other sport (just my luck I'd stick with the Chargers ), so all my fandom bandwidth goes here.

Aw, hell. It's all good. Maybe I'll just lurk for a while, until the Draft or something. Or not. There isn't much going on anyway. Been kind of a low-key off-season so far.

Later...

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Glad to see Smokey so involved this off-season. It’s a good sign.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I'm retired, so I do spend some time (too much, this is true) on the computer. Sometime I just 'drive by' and drop a post on my way on to something else. The Spring is coming, however, so my time will shrink as the weather warms up and there are outside things to do. I find the exchanges here interesting. And, as I said, I don't root for any other team in any other sport (just my luck I'd stick with the Chargers ), so all my fandom bandwidth goes here.

Aw, hell. It's all good. Maybe I'll just lurk for a while, until the Draft or something. Or not. There isn't much going on anyway. Been kind of a low-key off-season so far.

Later...
          I only play with you because you’re the toughest of the disgruntled around thee parts you and can more than take it and give it back. I mean no harm. Thats what makes it fun - I would feel like shit to beat on a helpless soul - you’re the opposite, you’re strong. I appreciate you letting me have a little fun with my sunny perspective (which I do believe) and let me be me - I just hope we don’t startle the bystanders too much. I know you’ll be fine

Now I’m so old (not retired but tired lol), I could never change teams. I can’t spend 50 years not giving a shit about any other team and then just say “yeah, I’ll be a fins fan”, or a Steeler fan, or ____ (it doesn’t matter - all the same). I figured that out between the day SDC left and the first snap of the first LAC season. I didn’t fight it, I’m a Charger fan forever. The only era I missed was the 60s, I “suffered” every other era right there with you.

For me the point is having a team we’re so attached to is it makes the sport more entertaining. I watch many other games, couldn’t give a shit about them. But every snap of every Charger game is tingly interesting for me - THAT for me is the entertainment gift i get being a Bolt fan. I do hope this rain finally goes away, i hate Seattle, and we all can go outside.

but you’ll still be here come spring, summer and fall. You’re a Charger fan just like me

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Glad to see Smokey so involved this off-season. It’s a good sign.
            I’m sensing some movement - I’m gonna turn him into an optimist

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m sensing some movement - I’m gonna turn him into an optimist
              Or drive him (more) insane!!

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Tranquill makes tackles at an average depth of 4.9 yards. That is a problem on running downs and why it always is 2nd and 5 for the opponents. Kendricks 3.3

We are all always bitching about the run defense.
                Damn I wonder what K9's average depth of yards is. We might as well find another vet LB for cheap to team up with Kendricks.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

335614808_885050369368057_6263737767327705743_n.jpg

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

From The Atlantic on Tuesday (the last quote/paragraph stings):

"How did each NFL team’s free agency moves stack up? Executives react to moves from all 32 teams

Los Angeles Chargers

The Chargers sounded thrilled to add linebacker Eric Kendricks from the Vikings even if it meant losing Drue Tranquill to the Chiefs. Should they sound that way?

“It’s Groundhog Day,” one exec said. “Eric Kendricks is three years older than Drue Tranquill and has a lot more mileage on him. If Kendricks misses five games in his age-31 season, are we going to hear about more bad injury luck for the Chargers?”

Kendricks played in every game for the Vikings last season. He is reunited in Los Angeles with new Chargers linebackers coach Jeff Howard, who was a defensive assistant in Minnesota for Kendricks’ first five seasons, including when Kendricks earned Pro Bowl honors in 2019.

The fit should be good for a team that is desperate to realize short-term results, especially on defense, where the team ranks 28th in EPA over the past two seasons.

“With the Justin Herbert extension looming, this is their window before they are going to have to bet on some younger players and bet on their quarterback to elevate the performance of a lesser supporting cast,” another exec said.

Even with Herbert still on his rookie deal, the Chargers found themselves scrambling to comply with the salary cap. The restructured contracts for Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen and Mike Williams to such an extent that each has a 2024 cap figure higher than $30 million.

“It is hard to imagine a team being that leveraged when they are probably the fifth- or sixth-best team in the conference, they haven’t won a playoff game in four years and they just lost to the Jags,” an exec said."
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                      From The Atlantic on Tuesday (the last quote/paragraph stings):

"How did each NFL team’s free agency moves stack up? Executives react to moves from all 32 teams

Los Angeles Chargers

The Chargers sounded thrilled to add linebacker Eric Kendricks from the Vikings even if it meant losing Drue Tranquill to the Chiefs. Should they sound that way?

“It’s Groundhog Day,” one exec said. “Eric Kendricks is three years older than Drue Tranquill and has a lot more mileage on him. If Kendricks misses five games in his age-31 season, are we going to hear about more bad injury luck for the Chargers?”

Kendricks played in every game for the Vikings last season. He is reunited in Los Angeles with new Chargers linebackers coach Jeff Howard, who was a defensive assistant in Minnesota for Kendricks’ first five seasons, including when Kendricks earned Pro Bowl honors in 2019.

The fit should be good for a team that is desperate to realize short-term results, especially on defense, where the team ranks 28th in EPA over the past two seasons.

“With the Justin Herbert extension looming, this is their window before they are going to have to bet on some younger players and bet on their quarterback to elevate the performance of a lesser supporting cast,” another exec said.

Even with Herbert still on his rookie deal, the Chargers found themselves scrambling to comply with the salary cap. The restructured contracts for Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen and Mike Williams to such an extent that each has a 2024 cap figure higher than $30 million.

“It is hard to imagine a team being that leveraged when they are probably the fifth- or sixth-best team in the conference, they haven’t won a playoff game in four years and they just lost to the Jags,” an exec said."
                      It will sting even more in January... when that team gets their asses handed to them by the Chargers.
                      "Fifth or sixth best team...? LOL! That's either ignorance or jealousy.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It will sting even more in January... when that team gets their asses handed to them by the Chargers.
                        "Fifth or sixth best team...? LOL! That's either ignorance or jealousy.
                        Yup.
                        doesn't sound objective at all.
                        looking back, we really did need a veteran presence in the middle. I'm more optimistic about this signing as time passes.
                        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Yup.
                          doesn't sound objective at all.
                          looking back, we really did need a veteran presence in the middle. I'm more optimistic about this signing as time passes.
                          Yeah, I was criticizing Tranquill for his read/react abilities early in the season. He often missed his gap assignment or couldn't get off his block. Hence the crappy 4.9 behind the L.O.S. tackle average. Anyone who has specifically concentrated on Tranquill/Kendricks read/react/assignment knows who the better player is. Obviously the Chargers' scouting group did their HW. The defense is almost re-built. It took a little while to convert from Gusly's guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍