• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I really don't see OT's in the 2nd and 3rd that can come in and immediately help us make a SB push.
    Who did you have an eye on...?
    Bergeron. Freeland. Steen.
    Mauch will need seasoning.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

For whatever this is worth...The Athletics ranking of top 150 free agents...Kendricks is 41 Tranquill is 73

Some additional stats about Kendricks

Durable - has played at least 14 games in 7 of 8 seasons
      50 passes defended since 2016 - most of any NFL LB
      Ranked 7th in NFL in defensive splash plays in 2022...so he does seem to have something left in tank

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Be nice to move Murray and bring Drue back.
        As the single Fan of Murray on this forum I object!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Callahan was our most consistent player on D last season. Agreed rather give him the money over the rest of our FA's. Sign vet D guys to come in and play now...Johnson etc...and set Herbs up long term. RT/WR/TE etc. RB if we end up dealing AE. I still think we do what we can to keep him. I expected another contract for AE...but he may want to much. He knows his value is at its highest now...that goes for us as well. I think Everett has to stay given his dead money hit. So drafting TE may not be as needed. I like going long on draft picks and BPA etc...but this feels like a do whatever you can to win this year vibe again as well. Maybe TT packages picks to get 2 legit starters out of this draft.
          I was a big fan of the Callahan signing... you're right, he was very consistent for us last year.
          Having said that, the CB class is good (and deep) in this year's draft.
          RT is my hope in the 1st round (specifically, Darnell Wright). In the 2nd round, I'd love to have the best available CB.

I can't predict what happens with Ekeler long-term. I'm fairly certain he'll be our RB next year (I don't think we trade him).
          I would like an upgrade over Horvath and Roundtree. One cheap FA veteran signing post draft... and a mid/late round draft pick...?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I was a big fan of the Callahan signing... you're right, he was very consistent for us last year.
            RT is my hope in the 1st round (specifically, Darnell Wright). In the 2nd round, I'd love to have the best available CB.

I can't predict what happens with Ekeler long-term. I'm fairly certain he'll be our RB next year (I don't think we trade him).
            I would like an upgrade over Horvath and Roundtree. One cheap FA veteran signing post draft... and a mid/late round draft pick...?
            He actually had some splash plays in the beginning of the season and then he disappeared under Lombardi. What gives?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              Ho-hum...aging player at the most physical position in the sport. The end will be soon and sudden. Kind of reminds me of the Thomas Davis signing a few years ago. Without knowing numbers at all, I would think Tranq is still the better fit but in the process we trust!
              Thomas Davis was i think 36 when we signed him.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Since he was a cap casualty, he doesn’t factor into compensatory picks. If Tranquil signs a big contract somewhere else, it could give us a pick next year.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

A lot of that is scheme and the line's ability to keep the LBs free. Our D has not been very good at that. Not saying Kendricks or Tranq is athe better player, I just like the young guy hitting his stride as opposed to the aging guy on the downward slope. Again, that said, NO IDEA what Tranq is looking for in years and money.
                  Doubt he’s that much better at this stage of his career. I guess they feel like they’ve seen Drue’s cieling and are not impressed. NFL is a young man’s game unless you’re a qb

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

If we brought Callahan back i might not be so on board with a CB. But a Star type guy? LIke Branch? who can also play CB? I like that. We could go many different directions....and if i like that player a lot ill be fine. I agree on RT. I like what i see in a bunch of guys. And many did quite well at the combine showing solid athleticism.

I think this is just posturing on AE/Chargers. I expect him back. Ultra popular guy with the fans and players. A leader. Face of the franchise in a way during the SB pre week festivities. I still think Spiller long term could emerge. He played banged up last year. I mean you have to invest a little time in your draft picks. If it take 3 hours to bake a loaf of bread...and you expect it to be edible after an hour? Come on...cant just throw it out. lol Let it bake. I really disliked Lombardi and his lazz flare. Just came off sloppy to me. I dont know how many times i saw him chewing food while interviewed. Just sloppy to me. lol

I think we get better vision on offense this season. I think we were what 4-0 when KA/MW were on the field for at least 50% of the snaps last year. Not habing those guys really threw us off. Ekeler was the beneficiary and likely just trying to cash in a little bit. I tend to think he knows his limitations. He admitted to them last year by suggesting he needed reduced loads. Only to come out in the SB pre game interviews and try and suggest he could be that true bellcow. He didnt seem like he was buying his own BS. Love the guy though. But hes not Kamara. And Kamara needed a little sidekick. Though Patterson would have been a nice pick up last year. Is Fournette on a cheap deal a nice addition? One year...contiue to develop Spiller/Kelly and fatten up our run blocking. I think many underestimate the value of a road grading right tackle.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Be nice to move Murray and bring Drue back.
                      Be nice to move Murray period.
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

If we brought Callahan back i might not be so on board with a CB. But a Star type guy? LIke Branch? who can also play CB? I like that. We could go many different directions....and if i like that player a lot ill be fine. I agree on RT. I like what i see in a bunch of guys. And many did quite well at the combine showing solid athleticism.

I think this is just posturing on AE/Chargers. I expect him back. Ultra popular guy with the fans and players. A leader. Face of the franchise in a way during the SB pre week festivities. I still think Spiller long term could emerge. He played banged up last year. I mean you have to invest a little time in your draft picks. If it take 3 hours to bake a loaf of bread...and you expect it to be edible after an hour? Come on...cant just throw it out. lol Let it bake. I really disliked Lombardi and his lazz flare. Just came off sloppy to me. I dont know how many times i saw him chewing food while interviewed. Just sloppy to me. lol

I think we get better vision on offense this season. I think we were what 4-0 when KA/MW were on the field for at least 50% of the snaps last year. Not habing those guys really threw us off. Ekeler was the beneficiary and likely just trying to cash in a little bit. I tend to think he knows his limitations. He admitted to them last year by suggesting he needed reduced loads. Only to come out in the SB pre game interviews and try and suggest he could be that true bellcow. He didnt seem like he was buying his own BS. Love the guy though. But hes not Kamara. And Kamara needed a little sidekick. Though Patterson would have been a nice pick up last year. Is Fournette on a cheap deal a nice addition? One year...contiue to develop Spiller/Kelly and fatten up our run blocking. I think many underestimate the value of a road grading right tackle.
                        Pretty much sums up his second half game plan for most games...What game plan I'll just wing it!

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Be nice to move Murray period.
                          I object! Let's see what some fresh coaching can do here first.

Comment

Working...
                          X