• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

There's quite a bit more difference than just time . . . . .
    Names? Players? Location? Your point isn't clear.
    They are different people for sure.
    GM & HC working together to build a better team should be better over time with mutual experience.
    LAC has gotten better than they were each year with TT/Staley if W-L is the yardstick.
    The 2023 season will tell us more.
    I predict KC v LAC, 1-1 or LAC 2- KC 0. in 2023. What is your prediction?

Comment

• fanatic
      Registered Chiefs Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Southern California
      • Realtor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

GM & HC working together to build a better team should be better over time with mutual experience.
      LAC has gotten better than they were each year with TT/Staley if W-L is the yardstick.
      I predict a real true dog fight for the AFC West. Chargers are due for some good luck and better health. Too early to predict records until the rosters are set. KC had 17 free agents this year. The rosters turn over so often in todays NFL.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

I predict a real true dog fight for the AFC West. Chargers are due for some good luck and better health. Too early to predict records until the rosters are set. KC had 17 free agents this year. The rosters turn over so often in todays NFL.
        I just enjoy irritating the haters. Correct it's early. In fact we don't know until they finish each game. I just think we are in the ball park to have a go at the AFCW. I totally respect KC and what they have done. I also think highly of our players. 2023 season can't come too soon for me.
        Meanwhile FA & the draft.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

My point was that you made it sound like the only difference between the 2 sets of guys was the time they've spent together. I'm pointing out that that's the least of the differences between Veach / Reid and Telesco / Staley. IMO Veach and Telesco are at least on the same continent, although Veach has done better, Staley's not even on the same planet as Reid from a coaching standpoint (IMHO).

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

All key players on both teams being healthy? KC sweep. Our defense is not good enough to keep KC from outscoring us.

Of course a lot depends on health, the draft and FA.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

KC had 17 free agents this year. The rosters turn over so often in todays NFL.

The Chargers had 26, including 15 unrestricted free agents. Yes, there's so much turnover now.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

I just enjoy irritating the haters. Correct it's early. In fact we don't know until they finish each game. I just think we are in the ball park to have a go at the AFCW. I totally respect KC and what they have done. I also think highly of our players. 2023 season can't come too soon for me.
                I don't consider myself a 'hater'. I've been an optimist with my rose colored glasses on for at least 40 years now. I've (finally) decided that this organization now needs to show me that they're good. I'm not interested in coach speak bullshit, power rankings, culture, kumbaya, etc. Just stop Chargering and win when it matters.

And for the record your posts don't irritate me at all - I appreciate different takes, and I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I enjoy these online discussions (mostly ).

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Atta boy - keep it up . . . . . . I might just wait to jump off the bridge until mid season . . . As long as I don't read too many of QSmokey's posts :freakout:
                  LOL! I'd bet a lot of guys here feel the same way I do; they're just not as vocal. But to say this team is 'improved', when all we've done is sign Eric Kendricks - and positioned ourselves to be in cap hell starting next year - is pretty laughable. KC is going to dominate this division as long as Mahomes is breathing. They are also well coached. We've got aging players on back-loaded contracts (KA, Mack); guys who don't want to be here (Ekeler); head cases (James and Bosa); and guys who can't stay on the field (KA and Mike Williams). Oh, and Mr. Analytics running the asylum.

Gives me all the confidence in the world that we'll win the division.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

You don't irritate this hater. In fact, I find your spin amusing; very funny. Keep it up! Pollyannas are predictably blind to what's in front of them; enjoy spinning things in a favorable manner; have mastered whistling past the grave; and are generally in denial about anything but Pollyanna-ism. You fit the bill very well.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Of course you do. You're very PC around here. Everybody loves you.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                        Ben Herbert

Comment

• LarryAW
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Pretty sad when some of your players that need to get coached up, have to attend a summer camp to get the coaching they need to up their game...LB and O-line coaching staff both seem to have whiffed here...
                          A lot of players from other teams go there, too. As each year passes, teams are allowed to do less and less in training camp. Further, Pipkins came from a college I never heard of before (Sioux Falls - Sure, I've heard of the "city") and was one of the biggest projects we've had. Clearly, he wanted to be successful, and as a result of his hard work, earned an extension.

Comment

Working...
                          X