• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We are anticipating a golden Charger draft, one with exciting playmakers.

Keeping up with the Chiefs on the scoreboard is vital.

Defensive tweaks and increased fsmiliarity will allow us to play Staley's defense more effectively.

Sean Payton's Broncos will also whittle away at the Chiefs supremacy in the AFCW.

As can be explained,

Let the competition in a new chapter begin.

Louts - for the win!!!!

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

All key players on both teams being healthy? KC sweep. Our defense is not good enough to keep KC from outscoring us.

Of course a lot depends on health, the draft and FA.
      Thank you. That i understand. I disagree but that's OK.
      IMO it will be an offensive shoot out. If our guys are healthy, I'm still at 1-1 or LAC 2.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

IMO it will be an offensive shoot out. If our guys are healthy, I'm still at 1-1 or LAC 2.
        LOL! Yeah, all those great off-season additions - Eric Kendricks!!! - are gonna put us over the top. Drafting in the bottom 10-12 is also gonna help a lot, too. Especially with the way our FO drafts. This has got to be the most boring, most depressing off-season in...well...since I can remember. Absolutely nothing to look forward to in '23...except the expected implosion and subsequent move into rebuild mode...again. And we're about as close to sweeping the Chiefs as we are to acquiring Lamar Jackson. In fact, I think we'd acquire Jackson before we sweep the Chiefs.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

LOL! Yeah, all those great off-season additions - Eric Kendricks!!! - are gonna put us over the top. Drafting in the bottom 10-12 is also gonna help a lot, too. Especially with the way our FO drafts. This has got to be the most boring, most depressing off-season in...well...since I can remember. Absolutely nothing to look forward to in '23...except the expected implosion and subsequent move into rebuild mode...again. And we're about as close to sweeping the Chiefs as we are to acquiring Lamar Jackson. In fact, I think we'd acquire Jackson before we sweep the Chiefs.
          I am looking forward to rooting for my team to win. I expect we'll be in the playoffs. Won't be a SB favorite, but will be a solid, playoff team.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I have lots of candy, but sugar is too sweet. The sun feels good but it is too bright. The birds sing too loud even though their songs are beautiful. I have a refrigerator just for beer, but it makes my beer too cold. Sure, I have plenty of food to eat but I can't eat a diet of just doritos like I want to. My kids are healthy and happy but none of them are doctors, world renowned authors, or billionaires. Every silver lining has a cloud. You just have to look for it Rich.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The last 4 game have been one-play toss up games, KC does not stand head and shoulders above LAC in players imo. A 99 yard pick six is just lucky shit, not dominance. I see even money odds, +/- 3 point spreads and it will come down to who digs deep and wants it.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I don't consider myself a 'hater'. I've been an optimist with my rose colored glasses on for at least 40 years now. I've (finally) decided that this organization now needs to show me that they're good. I'm not interested in coach speak bullshit, power rankings, culture, kumbaya, etc. Just stop Chargering and win when it matters.

And for the record your posts don't irritate me at all - I appreciate different takes, and I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I enjoy these online discussions (mostly ).
                Lol, you’re more than a lil bit hatey. It’s ok, we love ya. Especially fellow lefties …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am looking forward to rooting for my team to win. I expect we'll be in the playoffs. Won't be a SB favorite, but will be a solid, playoff team.
                  That's great rich. Wonderful to hear. You get your Pollyanna Gold Star for that post. But the fact is the Chargers have done NOTHING to improve the team since the season's end. We exchanged Tranquil for Kendricks, an aging vet whose best years are behind him; pushed so much money into future years that we've positioned ourselves for the inevitable cap hell beginning next off-season; are still handicapped by bad coaching, a questionable front office, and arguably the worst ownership in the League. I suppose you can say getting rid of Lombardi was a plus, but his replacement was unceremoniously fired from his previous job and there were those in Dallas that felt he was part of the problem there.

I guess some people's definition of being a 'fan' involves burying one's head in the sand. You can't see anything bad from that vantage point.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The last 4 game have been one-play toss up games, KC does not stand head and shoulders above LAC in players imo. A 99 yard pick six is just lucky shit, not dominance. I see even money odds, +/- 3 point spreads and it will come down to who digs deep and wants it.
                    Boy, if that statement wasn't an epitaph, I don't know what is.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I have lots of candy, but sugar is too sweet. The sun feels good but it is too bright. The birds sing too loud even though their songs are beautiful. I have a refrigerator just for beer, but it makes my beer too cold. Sure, I have plenty of food to eat but I can't eat a diet of just doritos like I want to. My kids are healthy and happy but none of them are doctors, world renowned authors, or billionaires. Every silver lining has a cloud. You just have to look for it Rich.

TG
                      It's OK to quote me in your reply, TG.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

That's great rich. Wonderful to hear. You get your Pollyanna Gold Star for that post. But the fact is the Chargers have done NOTHING to improve the team since the season's end. We exchanged Tranquil for Kendricks, an aging vet whose best years are behind him; pushed so much money into future years that we've positioned ourselves for the inevitable cap hell beginning next off-season; are still handicapped by bad coaching, a questionable front office, and arguably the worst ownership in the League. I suppose you can say getting rid of Lombardi was a plus, but his replacement was unceremoniously fired from his previous job and there were those in Dallas that felt he was part of the problem there.

I guess some people's definition of being a 'fan' involves burying one's head in the sand. You can't see anything bad from that vantage point.
                        And yet, most places have the Chargers ranked as a top 10 team in the league. Must be a lot of fellow Pollyana’s out there with me!

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Kendricks is a nice add. I most look forward to healthy players and Moore's top scoring O.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍