• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Who will be the starting WR's opening day

This was a position that we had depth and projected DX and Floyd as the starters. Now DX done for the season and Floyd is questionable for the opener who are the starters. Vincent Brown you say is the starter, but hasn't even played in the pre-season. So who will start especially if Floyd is out? Eddie Royal just coming of an injury. Kennan Allen work in progress. Meachum I have to mention him because we aren't cutting him.

Bottom line that we don't have any veteran WR with experince or chemistry with Rivers. Rivers already knows he has a new OL coming together, and to have new set off WR's on opening day not a good mix. Ryan Mathews needs to be able carry the load early and often.

I recall when our WR were all going down with injuries and Vincent Jackson held out, Rivers was still able to pass the ball effectively, the difference then was the OL and they were not great, not even above average, but they all had chemistry and played together.
  • BoltBalls
    Always keep eye contact!
    • Jun 2013
    • SD!
    • Send PM

Tutu!

I think (hope) Floyd and Brown will be ready for the opener, so they should be WR1 and WR2, then Allen is the slot guy. Royal may be active but they most likely will be cautious with him. Willie should make the team also, and Meachem will be a backup and may or may not be active depending on the other guys. Not sure about Ajirotutu yet either. Just my 2c

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
      Tutu!

I think (hope) Floyd and Brown will be ready for the opener, so they should be WR1 and WR2, then Allen is the slot guy. Royal may be active but they most likely will be cautious with him. Willie should make the team also, and Meachem will be a backup and may or may not be active depending on the other guys. Not sure about Ajirotutu yet either. Just my 2c
      Doesn't it hurt you to have to even mention Meachum :facepalm:

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I have yet to see Allen line up in the slot. Hes either Flank or Split. If Royal isnt in the slot its Gates. So i think we probably use Gates more in the slot in the event that Royal cant go. Behind Royal is DaPalma. One of the reasons i think he makes the roster. If we use a slot and Gates has his hand on the ground i think we end up with Green in that role. Hes running behind Gates anyways. We use our motion/Joker TEs in the slot. Willie is out wide at Flanker. Allen lines up in both.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

What makes you think Brown hasn't played in the preseason? Who was that wearing his jersey and catching passes against the bears, then?
          Adipose

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Allen was lining up in the slot early in camp before all the injuries hit.

I suspect we will see him there again on occasion once Floyd is back. Ideally it's a Floyd/Allen/Brown trio. That would benefit us the most long term.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

From Acee:

UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee 1h
              Malcom Floyd appears on track for Week 1, Brandon Taylor will play Saturday. So will Danny Woodhead, and he's a key to offense this season.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

hopefully we'll be running a lot vs the texans so that we won't have to rely on our wrs too much, just to avoid Watt having a go at our OL in pass protection.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                  hopefully we'll be running a lot vs the texans so that we won't have to rely on our wrs too much, just to avoid Watt having a go at our OL in pass protection.
                  Yeah, when I think of Rivers in that game my favorite cartoonist comes to mind:

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    Allen was lining up in the slot early in camp before all the injuries hit.

I suspect we will see him there again on occasion once Floyd is back. Ideally it's a Floyd/Allen/Brown trio. That would benefit us the most long term.
                    Ok i hadn't heard that. Haven't seen him there in the pre-season games. Its an important position where routes need to be sharp and last i heard from MM he said Allen needed a lot of work. Ive seen DePalma there and its his routes that have allowed him to get open in the games. Id arther use Green in the slot personally. He has more experience than Allen. Rotate Allen on the outside. Use him in the redzone.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The best thing that can come from all these injuries is for Green to get more opportunities.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        The best thing that can come from all these injuries is for Green to get more opportunities.
                        Speaking of Green, finally got around to hearing his interview from yesterday and Darren Smith specifically asked him about my dream formation - 3 TE! Green pretty much shot that down

Comment

Working...
                        X