Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Last pre draft poll

No potential players or prospects. Just flat out what position do you think we need to address most this draft.
    CB
    5.26%
    OL
    0%
    RB
    10.53%
    WR
    28.95%
    TE
    10.53%
    LB
    0%
    Edge
    34.21%
    IDL
    10.53%
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

That's why I like this poll right before the draft. I never would have imagined that Edge would be leading the pack this far. Very interesting.

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      That's why I like this poll right before the draft. I never would have imagined that Edge would be leading the pack this far. Very interesting.
      Round #1 = Edge. Pass rush (Edge) helps all of the defense. The salary of Bosa and Mack are problematic after this year.

Round #2 = WR. The salary of Mike Will and Keenan are problematic after this year.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

My opinion hasn’t changed since the season ended. TE in round round. Much more immediate bang for the buck than a WR or Edge that would sit on the bench awaiting an injury that might not happen.

Round 1 should be an impact starter for a position lacking one now or trade down for more shots at the goal.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

After 23 Kahlil's gone, and after 24 Bosa's gone . . . . . need to completely retool the position

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Round #1 = Edge. Pass rush (Edge) helps all of the defense. The salary of Bosa and Mack are problematic after this year.

Round #2 = WR. The salary of Mike Will and Keenan are problematic after this year.
            this is what I’ve been mocking to the chargers too and for the same reason, they have to trade or cut ties with three of those guys after the 2023 season, so it makes sense to have players in waiting ready to take over in 2024…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

In a nutshell, probably right. My sig mock addresses these issues, in a different way...but I could definitely see it going down as you say.
              The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• screeme18
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2019
                • Send PM

To me, it's a tie between WR and Edge. Both are in the same spot, where we badly need depth. In addition, we only get one more good year with top end starters, so we need to plan for the future now. CB is next to me, because its in a similar position, but we probably have slightly better depth. (Slightly) The "Big Need at TE" is the one I don't really get. Which is to say, I get we can improve the TE room. Parham hasn't proven to be durable, and the depth isn't great. But, worst case scenario, have the same guys as last season. I think it's a good spot for an athlete development prospect like Kuntz.. but not a dire need.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Edge. Need a guy to fill in Nwosu shoes once Mack is gone after this year. Rumph has been disspointing and we need some stablity. After that WR or CB can be picked up because we need a depth there soon.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

After 23 Kahlil's gone, and after 24 Bosa's gone . . . . . need to completely retool the position
                    They both could be gone after this year and the same with Allen

Edge is a need
                    TE is a need
                    WRx2 is a need

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

They both could be gone after this year and the same with Allen

Edge is a need
                      TE is a need
                      WRx2 is a need
                      Someone's pointed out that the dead money for Bosa in 24 is extreme (20 mil +) so unless he totally collapses this year they probably hang onto him thru 24.

On a separate note . . . . . . . I just read that Aaron Rogers has restructured his contract to help the Jets with the cap (this season), but his minimum cap hit in 2024 is 71.26 mil, with 47 mil guaranteed . . . . . . . . that's beyond insane. There's 'all in' (Chargers), and then there's 'ALL IN' (Jets). Just a reminder - it can always be worse . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

In a nutshell, probably right. My sig mock addresses these issues, in a different way...but I could definitely see it going down as you say.
                        I agree with this approach . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X