Welcome DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC (Round 2 #54)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Anyone know what the sticking point is for Tuli? I thought rookie contracts were all pretty standard now? One the greatest things NFL did. I always hated the dreaded first round hold outs.

TG
    Second round picks are getting more of their contracts guaranteed these days. Not just the signing bonus but the yearly base salary

Now a team like the Saints, gave their 3rd pick a bunch of money over slot. So Tuli is in that group of second rounders wanting more dollars guaranteed. Can't; blame him if others are.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It was a joke.
      lol ahh. I had to think about it for a minute …
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Second round picks are getting more of their contracts guaranteed these days. Not just the signing bonus but the yearly base salary

Now a team like the Saints, gave their 3rd pick a bunch of money over slot. So Tuli is in that group of second rounders wanting more dollars guaranteed. Can't; blame him if others are.
        It’s always fucking New Orleans, amiright?

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

It’s always fucking New Orleans, amiright?
          the team that is cap hell isnt it?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I mean Joey Bosa is going to get paid $22 million next year even if we cut him and we're worried about guaranteeing $6.6 million to Tuli? Even if he plays slightly above average for the next three years it's a bargain.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I mean Joey Bosa is going to get paid $22 million next year even if we cut him and we're worried about guaranteeing $6.6 million to Tuli? Even if he plays slightly above average for the next three years it's a bargain.
              Well if Bosa is cut by the third day of the league year in March 2024 - Joey Bosa will be paid zero by the chargers. So they have that little loophole and out.

As for Tuli - exactly right! That is why 2nd -7th rounders are so valuable from a roster building perspective. They are cheap for four years. Now it hasn't go to the third rounders yet - but I can see why second rounders want guarantees. Especially if you are the top of Round 2.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Well if Bosa is cut by the third day of the league year in March 2024 - Joey Bosa will be paid zero by the chargers. So they have that little loophole and out.

As for Tuli - exactly right! That is why 2nd -7th rounders are so valuable from a roster building perspective. They are cheap for four years. Now it hasn't go to the third rounders yet - but I can see why second rounders want guarantees. Especially if you are the top of Round 2.
                Every where I see is dead cap of $22 million. Not sure how we are saving if that's the case?

Joey Bosa contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The thing is with him going back to school, he would still have a weird body type and short arms. Could he improve his technique some, yeah, every player could. But his technique and finish is already better than most players, so he is way ahead. And NFL coaches do a much better job of refining technique than most college coaches do.

But Tuli was never going to be one of those guys who propelled himself to the top 5 or top 10 picks. He doesn't have the physical tools and doesn't pass the eyeball test like the Bosa brothers do/did.

Tuli was never going to shoot up to be a top pick, so he is better off getting in into the workforce a year early.
                  How does he compare to Nwosu when Nwosu was coming out?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I heard that the Derrick Hall signing with the Seahawks screwed everything up. I believe they fully guaranteed his entire deal like if he had been a first round pick.
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Signed. I hope this kid balls out.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Welcome aboard officially, Tuli - glad to have ya!

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Finally...Did somebody in management finally realize we can't go into the season without our second rounder...flabbergasted it took this long...

Comment

Working...
                          X