Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

A WR named Pokey?
      Waiting for Gumby to get a shot with someone.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Where are the UDFA RBs? Makes more convinced they're going to sign Ezekiel Elliot.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Ibrahim would be a great RB signing
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Where are the UDFA RBs? Makes more convinced they're going to sign Ezekiel Elliot.
            Could be...there's Moore to this story, it seems...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Could be...there's Moore to this story, it seems...
              Bad Kitty....
              The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Arlington, TX
                • Send PM

Some UDFA RBs

Sean Tucker to the Bucs
                Keaton Mitchell to the Ravens
                Mohamed Ibrahim to the Lions
                SaRoderick Thompson to the Saints
                Xazavian Valladay to the Texans
                Hassan Hall to the Browns

Comment

• Grinners
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

A WR named Pokey?
                  And he can fly...............................................

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

RB Hoosman a PRIORITY FA signing. 6-0, 215#.

image.png​

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

These guys always have great insight on sleepers and small school gems.

2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nicolas Melsop, OL, Delta State University

Photo of Damond Talbot

Nicolas Melsop the massive offensive lineman from Delta State University recently sat down with NFL Draft Diamonds owner Damond Talbot.
                        • Name: Nicolas Melsop
                        • Position: Offensive Tackle/Guard
                        • College: Delta State University
                        • Height: 6’7
                        • Weight: 332
                        • Instagram: nicmelsop73

What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?

What makes me a top prospect at my position in the draft is not only my size but my athletic ability. I Move very well for someone my size and that translates onto the field. I move well in open space whether that’s me pulling or leading on an outside zone. As well as my physicality at the point of attack. Also I have really good understanding of defensive tendencies and what allignments come with certain blitzes and stun

At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?

I wasn’t really interested in football till I was about 11 or 12 years old. I was more of a baseball kid growing up till I was introduced to football by my father. I didn’t like football at first because I was always the smaller kid on the team and quite frankly, I wasn’t good enough to start till my last years of high school.

What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?

One thing NFL teams should know about me is I’m a grinder. No matter what cards I’m dealt or the situation I’m in I will grind and perfect what I do till I see the results show up. Coming from a small school I’ve had to work twice as hard just to get to the position I am in now. And now that I have reached this point, it just makes me want to work even harder to get to where I truly want to be.

If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?

I would donate to the Global Down Syndrome Foundation. Growing up our neighbors had a daughter with Down syndrome, and I’ve seen how she not only impacted their lives but ours as well in such a good way. So, I would want to be in a position where I can donate money to that foundation and help those kids around the world.

What is the best advice you have ever received?

The best advice I’ve ever received was, never let anyone else determine how good you can be. Only you and your hard work can determine how far and how good you can be.

Who was your childhood hero?

My childhood hero was my father. I’ve seen him go through so much in my life that he has inspired me in many ways. Through all the tough times he was going through he made sure to put family first whether that was going back to school to get his masters degree to get a better job or working odd ball jobs just to make ends meet. None of it went unnoticed and his hard work and dedication has inspired me to be the best version of myself I possibly can.
                        Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?

I would have to say Patrick Shegog. Even though he won GSC player of the year, I believe many people doubted him outside of our locker room. Leading up to this year he had been dealing with injuries and hasn’t played a full season since his freshman year. So going out there and proving to everyone that he in fact is a great player really shows how much work and time he put into himself to be great when others would think differently. Not only is he a great player but he also is one of the best teammates you could ask for.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

My biggest pet peeve is when people talk/chew with their mouth full while at the dinner table or anywhere in general.

Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?

The hardest moment in my life was transferring schools in 2018. I was at a school in Cleveland Ohio where I was unhappy with not only the football program but school in general. I had an opportunity to transfer to Delta State on a short notice and I took the chance. I had never been far away from family and friends for most of my life so going several states away from Ohio to Mississippi was a big change for me. The first year was rough trying to adapt and getting used to not having family right around the corner. Also not knowing anyone or having any friends when I first got there was tough because I felt alone and had no one to talk to. This was also my first time not being allowed to play football because my previous school withheld my release. So for the whole year I had to watch as my team struggled to win two games. But after building relationships Mississippi it became easier to stay long periods of time away from home.

Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?

Since Delta State is in a small town of Cleveland Mississippi, it forces you to make friends with not only your teammates but classmates as well. Delta State to me has the most inclusive student body I know. Everyone welcomes anyone into their friend groups, homes, and lives outside of school. This isn’t just with the student body but staff as well. I felt as if I could go up to any of my professors or staff members in the school and they’d welcome me into their lives with open arms. They truly cared about the students and making sure they succeed in life.

What is your favorite snack food?

My favorite snack food is undoubtedly peanut butter and jelly uncrustables!

What is the best part of football?

The best part about football is seeing a team that is working and firing on all cylinders. That’s offense, defense, and special teams. When you are a part of a team that is clicking on all levels it is beautiful to watch and be apart of because no matter what is thrown at them, they overcome it and dominate in every fashion of the game. It is especially fun when you know the players across from you on defense can’t stop you no matter what they do as you continuously drive down the field and score.

If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?

A dominating physical and athletic lineman that finishes through the whistle and has the IQ to see the whole picture.

If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?

I would compare myself to David Bakhtiari. This is because he may not be the biggest tackle in the NFL but he uses his athleticism to dominate the opposing team. He also has great footwork and elite hand placement.

If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
                        1. The first person I would have dinner with would be Kobe Bryant. This is because I would love to dig deep into his ideology of being a competitor and how he went about every game. I would want to know the ends and outs of what he did to make sure that not only he was at his best but his team as well and how he was able to dominate at the level he did for so long.
                        2. The second person I would take to dinner would have to be Scott Kelly a NASA astronaut who spent the second longest stint in space. I would love to hear his thoughts on his physical changes as he spent time in space. I’ll also be curious to know what he goes through to prepare for space walks and how he is able to conduct them for hours on end.
                        3. Lastly, I’d like to have dinner with Magnus Carlsen who is the best chess player in the world or arguably the best chess player to ever live. Magnus has dominated the chess scene for so long I not only would want tips and how to improve my chess play but understand what he goes through mentally during each match. I would be curious to see how many moves he preplans before he makes a single move and what opening he chooses before each match.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Bad Kitty....
                          Yep, McKitty IS pretty bad...needs to step it up...

Comment

Working...
                          X