Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Post Draft Poll

Well the dust has settled. How do you feel about this draft class?
    A
    13.64%
    B
    56.06%
    C
    27.27%
    D
    1.52%
    F
    1.52%
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Not sure I can grade this until we see these guys and my hope is the guys we drafted on defense can contribute right away. I do like the kid from Clemson and the crazy dude from Boise State has my attention.

Kinda tired of Telesco myself and if these guys don’t pan out he absolutely has to go. Two WC wins in ten years and ZERO division championships speaks for itself. He’s like the government employee that you can’t fire that is still looking for his stapler.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

I gave it a 'C'.

Would have preferred a B/C rating ... but thought it closer to a 'C'.

It fits the pattern of Telesco drafts.
      It will probably get the same results.

No one on day 3 stands out like Salyer or King .... hopefully they can be solid backups.

Telesco has had more succes with the post draft free agents .... and i have no idea about them.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
        Not sure I can grade this until we see these guys and my hope is the guys we drafted on defense can contribute right away. I do like the kid from Clemson and the crazy dude from Boise State has my attention.

Kinda tired of Telesco myself and if these guys don’t pan out he absolutely has to go. Two WC wins in ten years and ZERO division championships speaks for itself. He’s like the government employee that you can’t fire that is still looking for his stapler.
        It's more about how you feel we addressed the overall roster not the individual players.

Example:
        A = We vastly improved our roster with overall talent and depth
        F= We did not address any glaring needs at any position.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          I gave it a 'C'.

Would have preferred a B/C rating ... but thought it closer to a 'C'.

It fits the pattern of Telesco drafts.
          It will probably get the same results.

No one on day 3 stands out like Salyer or King .... hopefully they can be solid backups.

Telesco has had more succes with the post draft free agents .... and i have no idea about them.

Slayer and King were ranked higher than where they were drafted is all. There's no foolproof ranking. Happens every year.

King had a couple good seasons here but seems to be bouncing around now and is tapped out development wise.
          Hopefully Salyer keeps assending.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-30-2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• rikardo
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I hate when we draft for need instead of best player available in the later rounds
            For now I only like 3 picks the 2 WRs and the LB

But I do hope Im wrong

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

I need to see the players perform in NFL games before I attempt to grade them. That said, I am very intrigued by the linebacker pick - Henley. I'm hoping he improves on his recognition skills so he can let his speed and tackling take over. IF he can improve his reading of plays I think he could be our best pick by a mile. But I don't know if he can do that at this point. It might be helpful to know Henley played QB,WR, and DB in high school. No LB.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                I need to see the players perform in NFL games before I attempt to grade them. That said, I am very intrigued by the linebacker pick - Henley. I'm hoping he improves on his recognition skills so he can let his speed and tackling take over. IF he can improve his reading of plays I think he could be our best pick by a mile. But I don't know if he can do that at this point. It might be helpful to know Henley played QB,WR, and DB in high school. No LB.
                SIGH.....

Example:
                A = We vastly improved our roster with overall talent and depth
                F= We did not address any glaring needs at any position.​

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

SIGH.....

We'll see.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I think the first four picks are going to be outstanding and contribute significantly as rookies.

And the 6th round pick too. Matlock. He's going to be a stud I think and one of the steals of the draft.

I have nothing bad to say about the 5th pick, McFadden. If he can develop into a decent depth piece it's a win.

Duggan in the 7th round, I'm wait and see on him. He could turn out to be a solid backup or it could turn out to be a wasted pick.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I have it a B because the way the draft broke we didn’t hit some of the home runs that an A would take.

We filled the two biggest actual needs with WR and Edge in round one and two. I like the players we picked and the depth we have. Our WRs this year are going to be really good in the preseason. The depth at WR is 6 deep and if we have to move on from MW or KA next year I feel pretty good about the room.

I know I wanted a RB but if the team thinks Ekeler is for sure going to be onboard this year it makes sense to pick a back next year to get the most value out of the draft picks. RBs are pretty easy to find good talent in later rounds or fa so it makes sense.

Overall I’m happy with the talent we added to the team and I’m hopeful we can build on an injury riddled 2022 season.

But I do need time to really grade this draft…

Comment

• DennisR91
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2021
                        • Send PM

I give this draft an A. For what it’s worth it’s a late round position and given those constrainsts

this draft lacked the senior bowl reaches thAnk goodness

and round for round. There was good value obtained.

even the late rounds I think the scouting dept has improved because the late rounders will probably be on the roster

telesco is might be a late bloomer, he was very much on my hot seat but he impress me this year out of the doghouse and if he continues like this. The chargers will be perennial contender

this draft might very well be a gem

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡