Cin WR Trio Is Considered The Best In The League? Where Do Bolts Rank?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

We have to wait and see how well the Chargers' trio performs before trying to rank or compare them. If the group is beset with injuries again it won't rank anything. But I do believe they have the possibility to be the best WR trio if everybody remains uninjured.

The Bengals have Chase, Higgins and Boyd. IMO, they are the best trio until proven otherwise. The Dolphins and Waddle and Hill, but there is a huge drop off after that to Cedrick Wilson Jr. The Vikings have Justin Jefferson and just drafted Jordan Addison, but Adam Thielen is gone now and their slot WR is KJ Osborn, who is decent but not on par with Boyd IMO.

As for a WR quartet: Keenan/Mike/QJ/Palmer - I think they definitely have the potential to be the best, depending on how good QJ is as a rookie. I don't know how high Palmer's ceiling is, but I don't think he has reached it yet. I expect he will improve this season, but his targets will be limited until Keenan or Mike have departed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

QJ is a R1 pick, he’s going to get playing time. The GM Rule of Drafting - Damnit Coach, Play My Fucking #1 Pick!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        QJ is a R1 pick, he’s going to get playing time. The GM Rule of Drafting - Damnit Coach, Play My Fucking #1 Pick!
        He will get playing time but he has a multi pro bowler and another 1st rounder ahead of him. It's what happens when you don't have many starter possitions open on your team.

QJ was a pick for injury insurance, depth and looking ahead to 2024 if we have to move one of our 20 mil a year WRs for cap reasons.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          My hope is that QJ does so well in OTAs and Training camp that the coaching staff realizes they have to get him the ball every game - deep passes, end arounds, screens, etc. I hope he makes them play because of his work that shows he is the option at WR. Right now, I think he is WR3 as it is.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My hope is that QJ does so well in OTAs and Training camp that the coaching staff realizes they have to get him the ball every game - deep passes, end arounds, screens, etc. I hope he makes them play because of his work that shows he is the option at WR. Right now, I think he is WR3 as it is.
            Don't we all!

The exciting part is, no one really know what his ceiling is!
            .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
            .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
            .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
            .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
            .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
            .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
            .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
            .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
            .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

Don’t sleep on Guyton. While he isn’t all world, he did stretch the field, which opened up Allen and Williams. I’m not saying we have the top wr corp, but I think we have a good one with Herbert throwing the ball to them.
              Overall, this offense on paper is as good as we have ever had. Just five starting lineman goes a long way into this.
              Only rank I’m looking at is top offense. Can we manage to dominate games, with our offense? Time of possession and sustained drive are what I want to see. Keep the defense fresh and wear the opposing defense out.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                Don’t sleep on Guyton. While he isn’t all world, he did stretch the field, which opened up Allen and Williams. I’m not saying we have the top wr corp, but I think we have a good one with Herbert throwing the ball to them.
                Overall, this offense on paper is as good as we have ever had. Just five starting lineman goes a long way into this.
                Only rank I’m looking at is top offense. Can we manage to dominate games, with our offense? Time of possession and sustained drive are what I want to see. Keep the defense fresh and wear the opposing defense out.
                Time of possession and sustained drives i agree. But that was Lombo gameplan.
                I want quick strike early. Make em play catch up. I want bombs after turnovers to really destroy the oppositions mental endurance. Get them second guessing their plays becuase the risk is immediate TD.
                These athletes are all elite, but the mental thinking is what sets winners apart.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-ris...nnel%20(35%25)

The Rise of 11 Personnel in the NFL

personnel groups.png

Chargers used 11 personnel 56% of the time in 2022. 12 personnel being second most frequently used at 22%. The league average of snaps increased to 58% of 11 personnel.

Staley wants more splash plays, I offer this personnel group to do just that.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

With 4 legitimate WR's (plus one of the fastest draftees)... I hope to see more 10 groupings.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He will get playing time but he has a multi pro bowler and another 1st rounder ahead of him. It's what happens when you don't have many starter possitions open on your team.

QJ was a pick for injury insurance, depth and looking ahead to 2024 if we have to move one of our 20 mil a year WRs for cap reasons.
                      That's just stuff about why our new Lamborghini makes sense. You can bet your ass Moore will take him out for a spin as often as he can make it look practical.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                        F**k that brother!
                        Only stat that matters is W's!
                        Granted, having an electric, high flying, high scoring offense would be fun.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Time of possession and sustained drives i agree. But that was Lombo gameplan.
                          I want quick strike early. Make em play catch up. I want bombs after turnovers to really destroy the oppositions mental endurance. Get them second guessing their plays becuase the risk is immediate TD.
                          These athletes are all elite, but the mental thinking is what sets winners apart.
                          Time of possession is but I want the ability to strike quickly and big plays
                          Sure, having the ability to run the ball is nice too
                          You bring up a good point - and I get WR injuries - but Lombo wasn't too keen on going deep after a turnover

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍