• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
    The only teams I’m certain will be good on this schedule are the Chiefs and Bills. The Titans can’t decide if they’re rebuilding. The Vikings alternate good and mediocre years and their 2022 statistical profile screams regression more than any team in recent memory. The Cowboys were good last year but will be employing McCarthy’s bold “score less points” strategy. Adding Rodgers to an elite defense sounds great for the Jets, but the thing is it’s much harder maintain an elite defense season to season than it is for an elite offense. The offensive personnel around the Jets is also just okay. Miami could be a contender for the next few years or they could be a one year flash in the pan. The Lions are fun but we’ve seen Goff get figured out before. No one really knows what the Broncos will be and the Raiders don’t have very many good players.

When we look at a new schedule in May, we assume every team will hit the high end of their outlook. That will not be the case.
    That includes the Chargers.

Actually it looks like a tough schedule to me as is the case for KC AFC East is brutal. Then we get the Cowboys and Ravens. NFC North is iffy and
    the Titans will be going through some changes. That's probably the soft side to the schedule, if you want to call it that. The Bears D is legit as is
    Detroit's offense. It is very early so things can change, as did last year for us through injury.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Does it matter how many 4.3 guys they streak down the field when they don’t have a QB tha can throw it to them?

Captain Obvious, at your service. You. Are. Welcome.
      I foresee lots of crossing routes from Miami, looking for YAC with their speedsters, not necessarily tons of deep balls. Tua throws the precision crossers in the center of the field pretty good . . . . . . . If they're successful running the ball we're cooked. Our best option to control their offense is to hit, harass and speed up Tua into mistakes (which he will make)

If we allow him time in the pocket he (and his receivers) are fully capable of dicing up OUR defense into little pieces . . . . .
      Last edited by Lefty2SLO; 05-13-2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I foresee lots of crossing routes from Miami, looking for YAC with their speedsters, not necessarily tons of deep balls. Tua throws the precision crossers in the center of the field pretty good . . . . . . . If they're successful running the ball we're cooked. Our best option to control their offense is to hit, harass and speed up Tua into mistakes (which he will make)

If we allow him time in the pocket he (and his receivers) are fully capable of dicing up OUR defense into little pieces . . . . .
        Yes, thats exactly where Staley put his DBs (and LBs) in the last which match we smoked them in. Middle mid-depth crossing routes - check! They can try different plays, they can’t change his arm. He can’t hit the deep out or even mid-outs.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Chargers playoff run didn't end because of injury.
          It ended because of execution and self inflicted mistakes.
          Pre snap penalty took away a sack. Jax cash in on it for TD.

Chargers team has the talent to contend for a title.
          As good as Herbert is, he has to level up 1 more step.
          It will be very hard to win AFC West without beating KC twice, IMO.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

This schedule is brutal but I think we’re up for it. Herbert has to take that next step be in the Burrow category. I think we can definitely win a championship. I’m very impressed with what I’ve heard from Quentin Johnston.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

ESPN expects LAC to start 4-0.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Me too, it's the year of the flip! Go Bolts!
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

3-1 for me.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

To add to the discussion. The Bolts will cover the 5th most travel miles in the coming season.

image.png
                    sigpic

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Bengals stick out as the lowest miles and they're already a superbowl caliber contending team.

very favorable.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

Have we won a "big" game under Staley in his two years? The early '21 win at KC and last year's Miami win are the only two that come to mind (maybe the '21 Pitt game?). Has Herbert won a "big " game yet other than what I just mentioned? Feels like we are going to need to get over that "big" hump pretty quickly with that upcoming schedule. Until we see it, it's hard to believe it.

The talent (starters) is there for a 12-13 win season but we have rarely played up to that talent level during Staley's tenure.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                          Have we won a "big" game under Staley in his two years? The early '21 win at KC and last year's Miami win are the only two that come to mind (maybe the '21 Pitt game?). Has Herbert won a "big " game yet other than what I just mentioned? Feels like we are going to need to get over that "big" hump pretty quickly with that upcoming schedule. Until we see it, it's hard to believe it.

The talent (starters) is there for a 12-13 win season but we have rarely played up to that talent level during Staley's tenure.
                          I see the talent on the defensive side of the ball but unfortunately we too often go into games with only four tires and when one of them goes flat the whole car veers off the road. LOL!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X