• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    I'm expecting QJ to get 35-40 catches this season. Do I need to pump the brakes?!?

I'm expecting Tuli to be in a regular D-line sub rotation. Not start, not dominate, but contribute. Is that outrageous?

Henley? I'm expecting him to excel on special teams initially, while increasing his snaps on defense over the course of the season. Too optimistic?

D. Davis? I'm expecting him to return punts and kicks, and to be an upgrade. He won't set the league on fire, but will improve the overall quality of the Bolts' special teams' production. If the coaches don't believe he can do this, they wouldn't have drafted him. THEY wouldn't tell you that my expectation is too lofty.

5th round and on, ANYthing is a bonus beyond special teams reps. IMO, Scott Matlock is the most likely Day 3 pick to provide that. I expect a somewhat greater contribution from Matlock than the club got from Otito, who was the team's 5th round pick in 2022, last year, Otito had worked his way into a rotation on the d-line before blowing out a knee. No doubt in my mind that Matlock comes in more ready to contribute that Otito was, and so I think it's realistic to forecast an Otito-like arc for him.
    Spot on imo.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I actually think our top 4 picks will have the chance to make some significant contributions this year.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Pump the brakes on what? Our imaginations? Where's the fun in that?
        I'm pimpin' my team, no mercy going forward.

Comment

• Gyre Savage City
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2023
          • Send PM

TT is only good for the first couple rounds. Check his draft history.... typically round 3 he falls off a cliff and can't seem to find any contributors. QJ, Tuli.... MAYBE Henley. Write off the rest.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
            Pump the brakes on what? Our imaginations? Where's the fun in that?
            I'm pimpin' my team, no mercy going forward.
            Yep.

Plenty of time later tla"pump the brakes"
            tis the season for unrealistic optimism
            2023 warpath towards our first ever superbowl win.

LFG!!!
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
              I'm expecting QJ to get 35-40 catches this season. Do I need to pump the brakes?!?

I'm expecting Tuli to be in a regular D-line sub rotation. Not start, not dominate, but contribute. Is that outrageous?

Henley? I'm expecting him to excel on special teams initially, while increasing his snaps on defense over the course of the season. Too optimistic?

D. Davis? I'm expecting him to return punts and kicks, and to be an upgrade. He won't set the league on fire, but will improve the overall quality of the Bolts' special teams' production. If the coaches don't believe he can do this, they wouldn't have drafted him. THEY wouldn't tell you that my expectation is too lofty.

5th round and on, ANYthing is a bonus beyond special teams reps. IMO, Scott Matlock is the most likely Day 3 pick to provide that. I expect a somewhat greater contribution from Matlock than the club got from Otito, who was the team's 5th round pick in 2022, last year, Otito had worked his way into a rotation on the d-line before blowing out a knee. No doubt in my mind that Matlock comes in more ready to contribute that Otito was, and so I think it's realistic to forecast an Otito-like arc for him.
              All are minimums based on no significant starter injuries. If Starters get injured, the affected rookie will play commensurately more

I'm expecting > 40+. Josh P got 33 his rookie year and QJ >> JP. 20+ snaps/game.
              Tuli will see 20+ snaps a game - maybe more, giving Bosa and Mack rest so they stay fresh or teaming with them on 3rd/long.
              Henley - its all depending on K9. if K9 finds his inner dog, Henley is largely ST. If not ... hello there
              DD - I don't expect many snaps beyond PR/KR, personally. Thats enough to matter. less than 10 snaps/game at WR. 15 rec, 10 plays rushing
              Matlock - I expect he is a rotational regular by week5 - 15+ snaps/game
              McFadden - he will be invisible unless someone gets injured. ST blocker. Our Starting 5 OL is solid.
              Duggan. zip nada zilch. he's insurance we won't need to file a claim for. He will beat out Stick in camp, there's my prediction.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I mean we have a decade of TT draft data to go off of, and it has been pretty consistent.

Hard to predict down the line, but as far as 2023 is concerned, I'm sure some will be contributors, some will not. Don't think we have any ROY candidates from this class but you never know.

Final grade in 3 years!
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  I mean we have a decade of TT draft data to go off of, and it has been pretty consistent.

Hard to predict down the line, but as far as 2023 is concerned, I'm sure some will be contributors, some will not. Don't think we have any ROY candidates from this class but you never know.

Final grade in 3 years!
                  If he’s like drafted his first 6 years, then we will be disappointed. If he’s learned and grown, and the current staff is better at “helping” him, we will be surprised to the up. Agree we don’t have a ROY in this class, thats not unusual when you pick 21 though. ROYs come into a place where they can be an immediate starter at an impact position - not one of our draft picks has that advantage.

QJ will be a great #21 pick imo, it’s all he can do and to lament he’s not a top 5 is just not fair to him. His lil herbie promo tape shows the discerning eye that he is already focusing to catch with his hands and extend/reach his catch out to the ball - great signs he’s already working on the key deficiencies noted in some of his game tape. It’s only May - lots of time for lots of reps … I’m excited.

now can we see a clip of Tuli running past someone in gym shorts? Matlock shoving a sled 5 yards? DD sprinting into a tunnel? Lets get that hype revvin’!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                  X