• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

What you say about Guyton was true when he was a rookie but he improved at both of those. Are you one of those guys that form an early opinion and will never change it?
    I didnt see the improvement you did in 2021. And 2022 of course he didnt do anything due to unfortunate injury. I think odds of Pokey beating him out are long but not completely impossible. I’ll put Pokey as 20/1 unlikely to push Guyton out.

I love Pokey’s highlight tape but thats all I’ve seen of him, havent seen the “bad” tape. He plays faster than 4.6 to my old eyes
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Guyton has created a bond with Herbert? I'm not seeing that at all.
      I don’t think Moore and Staley give a shit about any hypothetical bond between Herb and WR5/6. They will tell Herbie he can keep his cherished bond with WR 1-4, all of which will be much stronger by end of camp. Who can play ST gunner better is the only question everyone should ask right now.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I didnt see the improvement you did in 2021. And 2022 of course he didnt do anything due to unfortunate injury. I think odds of Pokey beating him out are long but not completely impossible. I’ll put Pokey as 20/1 unlikely to push Guyton out.

I love Pokey’s highlight tape but thats all I’ve seen of him, havent seen the “bad” tape. He plays faster than 4.6 to my old eyes
        Agree on play speed, plus he’s got nice moves. I’m betting on him to make the roster, cuz Guyton offers straight-line speed and nothing else (have you watched his “juke” moves? Just…comical.).

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I've often used Jerry as an example myself but Jerry must have had a hamstring pull or something on the day they timed him because no one ever did catch him from behind. Our own Mike Williams ran a 4.54 and we have often seen him be behind everyone on the field.

They should have these guys get timed in a full uniform, not in shorts. Then they would know what they can expect from a prospect.
          Some of the long striding receivers take a little longer to get to top speed. Quention Johnston ran around a 4.5 40 and yet his top speed is top 10 in the entire NFL:

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Pokey has more chance to beat out DJ at FS than Guyton as the No. 5 guy on the WR depth chart. :goofylol:

Seriously though, Guyton fills a specific role in the passing game that only a player of his talents can fill - a guy who can stretch the field and get behind the defense and split the safeties with his pure straight line speed. Pokey may prove to be the more overall talented WR between the two, but he needs to be developed, and the WR depth chart is loaded with that type of WR now. But Guyton, and DD, are those guys who are so valuable on an offense with an arm like Herbert's. They force defenses to defend every blade of grass on the field because they can reach depths that mortal QBs can only dream of throwing to but Herbert can.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

don’t think Moore and Staley give a shit about any hypothetical bond between Herb and WR5/6.
              You couldn't be more wrong. The reason they re-signed Guyton is because of the history of making magic he and Herbert have together.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Pokey has more chance to beat out DJ at FS than Guyton as the No. 5 guy on the WR depth chart. :goofylol:
                I see what you did there!
                Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  You couldn't be more wrong. The reason they re-signed Guyton is because of the history of making magic he and Herbert have together.
                  Lol. They signed him for a base salary of $1M. Let’s not hyperventilate on it …He is much better than the horrid scrubs they were forced to play at times last year. I give him odds-on advantage to beat out Pokey.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Some of the long striding receivers take a little longer to get to top speed. Quention Johnston ran around a 4.5 40 and yet his top speed is top 10 in the entire NFL:

Tyreek Hill not on the list of top 8. Surprising?

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Tyreek Hill not on the list of top 8. Surprising?

TG
                      Wasn’t DD clocked up over 23 mph? I could be mistaken - I hallucinate a lot, just ask Velo and DerBosaNova

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Wasn’t DD clocked up over 23 mph? I could be mistaken - I hallucinate a lot, just ask Velo and DerBosaNova
                        Yes, his 23+ MPH was faster than any NFL player ran last year.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Lol. They signed him for a base salary of $1M. Let’s not hyperventilate on it …He is much better than the horrid scrubs they were forced to play at times last year. I give him odds-on advantage to beat out Pokey.
                          I don't know if Guyton would be able to make the roster of another team. But because of the success between him and Hebert the Chargers are choosing to retain him. His connection with Herbert is the only reason.

Comment

Working...
                          X