• Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Totally OT -- U.S. Alpine Ski Championships

The U.S. Alpine Ski Championships start today (March 22nd) here in Sun Valley and go through Sunday the 27th. This is literally going on right outside my office. I can see the top half of the Giant Slalom and Super G courses from my window. NBC will broadcast the races live on Thursday and again on Saturday. So if any of you are interested in what a transplanted San Diego guy gets to look at every day, tune in. Here's more information if you're interested: https://www.sunvalley.com/blog/skiin...-to-sun-valley
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
    The U.S. Alpine Ski Championships start today (March 22nd) here in Sun Valley and go through Sunday the 27th. This is literally going on right outside my office. I can see the top half of the Giant Slalom and Super G courses from my window. NBC will broadcast the races live on Thursday and again on Saturday. So if any of you are interested in what a transplanted San Diego guy gets to look at every day, tune in. Here's more information if you're interested: https://www.sunvalley.com/blog/skiin...-to-sun-valley
    Two years, Geez! We have an appointment to hike together in Idaho after I move.

Comment

• Geezbolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Sun Valley, ID
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Two years, Geez! We have an appointment to hike together in Idaho after I move.
      You're on! May have to teach you to skate ski too.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Love it, so bummed we were not able to make a Sun Valley trip work this year despite your great advice Geez (blame Pearl Jam playing at MSG in New York city and the cost incurred by that must see show!). Sun Valley looks like an unbelievable place to ride and take in a championship event like this. We get some of these big ski/board events around here and they are an absolute blast, usually just a big party with bands and people from all over. Like Sun Valley, one of the reasons we live here in Utah is the vibrant ski/board culture. Here in the Salt Lake/Park City area, we are one of the few cities in the country where the winter Olympics are actually highly rated!

These guys and girls are some of the most underrated athletes in the world, the epitome of mind and body functioning together to perform at a level of high risk and high performance.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
          Love it, so bummed we were not able to make a Sun Valley trip work this year despite your great advice Geez (blame Pearl Jam playing at MSG in New York city and the cost incurred by that must see show!). Sun Valley looks like an unbelievable place to ride and take in a championship event like this. We get some of these big ski/board events around here and they are an absolute blast, usually just a big party with bands and people from all over. Like Sun Valley, one of the reasons we live here in Utah is the vibrant ski/board culture. Here in the Salt Lake/Park City area, we are one of the few cities in the country where the winter Olympics are actually highly rated!

These guys and girls are some of the most underrated athletes in the world, the epitome of mind and body functioning together to perform at a level of high risk and high performance.
          There's always next season. It is going to be a big party here all week and conditions on the mountain are excellent. I know what you mean about the ski/board culture, and I agree that all of the participants this week are incredible athletes.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍