LBs Jerry, Teo & Perryman

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

We play a hybrid D and our "pass rushers" often put a hand on the ground. Not a classic 3-4 look at all.
      That said, I think Bosa is gonna be the pick with our signing of Mebane.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Draft 1) Bosa DE 2) Kelly C 3) Johnson DT. Maybe even pass on Kelly and draft Sua Cravens in the 2nd at SS. Look at a Center in the 4th. Maybe Jack Allen

I think you can run a 43/34 Hybrid and use Bosa as a DE and then use Ingram at LB with Liuget(3T), Mebane(1T) and a DT like Austin Johnson at 5T. In a 34 front we sometimes use our NT in the B gap. Closed side of the formation between the OG an OT. I think Austin Johnson would do well in either scheme and could eventually take over for Mebane in the middle(1T) of the 43 Under and play that NT spot in the 34. Use a cover 3 in that first set up with Cravens at SS. Not big on Bosa at OLB because its his hands that make him so special. But he could probably play that spot occasionally. I see him picking up the weight he lost to run LB drills at the combine. So moving to DE in our 34 looks allows him to engage with his hands.

Just for shits and giggles.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I still think we can plug Bosa in and play him as an OLB in our D as is, because we really don't ask the OLB to drop that much. Maybe we pull a Freeney with him, because we have used him as a hybrid DE/OLB in the past, but I don't see the need. Bosa moves well enough to be a 34 OLB, even if we don't decide to leave him at that spot.

If we did move to more of a Seattle style 43/34 D, you would probably line Bosa up at the shaded DE spot, and let Attaochu or Ingram play the rush LB (Leo/Elephant) spot. Liuget is currently used in the 3 tech spot in our D, so that wouldn't change very much. I also think we probably keep Teo at Will most of the time, but that is just me.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Draft 1) Bosa DE 2) Kelly C 3) Johnson DT. Maybe even pass on Kelly and draft Sua Cravens in the 2nd at SS. Look at a Center in the 4th. Maybe Jack Allen

I think you can run a 43/34 Hybrid and use Bosa as a DE and then use Ingram at LB with Liuget(3T), Mebane(1T) and a DT like Austin Johnson at 5T. In a 34 front we sometimes use our NT in the B gap. Closed side of the formation between the OG an OT. I think Austin Johnson would do well in either scheme and could eventually take over for Mebane in the middle(1T) of the 43 Under and play that NT spot in the 34. Use a cover 3 in that first set up with Cravens at SS. Not big on Bosa at OLB because its his hands that make him so special. But he could probably play that spot occasionally. I see him picking up the weight he lost to run LB drills at the combine. So moving to DE in our 34 looks allows him to engage with his hands.

Just for shits and giggles.

I like the concepts...I wonder what Telesco and Pagano think of Philon...I know he had a limited role because of the injury but they did think enough of him to put him on reserve/return...I think most sixth rounders would have been IR'd...personally I really liked what I saw and think he'll have a bigger role on our Dline than most think
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              I like the concepts...I wonder what Telesco and Pagano think of Philon...I know he had a limited role because of the injury but they did think enough of him to put him on reserve/return...I think most sixth rounders would have been IR'd...personally I really liked what I saw and think he'll have a bigger role on our Dline than most think
              I think Philon could really benefit from the presence of Mebane.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I still think we can plug Bosa in and play him as an OLB in our D as is, because we really don't ask the OLB to drop that much. Maybe we pull a Freeney with him, because we have used him as a hybrid DE/OLB in the past, but I don't see the need. Bosa moves well enough to be a 34 OLB, even if we don't decide to leave him at that spot.

If we did move to more of a Seattle style 43/34 D, you would probably line Bosa up at the shaded DE spot, and let Attaochu or Ingram play the rush LB (Leo/Elephant) spot. Liuget is currently used in the 3 tech spot in our D, so that wouldn't change very much. I also think we probably keep Teo at Will most of the time, but that is just me.
                I would like to keep Bosa on the line where he can use his hands off the snap. I think he can be a Michael Bennett type. The majority of his sacks have come at Leo. In 2013 of his sacks came at that spot. But we can use Bosa like Bennett in a few different ways. Not just at Leo. Shit Bennett even lined up over the center on occasion. Again i love Bosa hands so i want him using them off the snap. Once he gets his hands on a player its hard to beat him. I think he can line up outside at 9T and also be successful but i could see Ingram having success also. Shit if Pagano runs that 0T over the center with 2 Wide 9 DEs like he does sometimes i could see Bosa even playing that role as the NT dropping back into coverage.

With Bosa i think we can be interchangable and run those players in the way you mentioned and various other ways. We dont have to be locked in. I was merely showing what a base front could look like.

Really didnt think much about the ilb spots but if i got them reversed my bad. Just threw them out there to show Bosa's versatility as well as Johnson's.

Going off past Seahawks

Melvin Ingram - Cliff Avril (SAM)

Austin Johnson - Red Bryant (5T)

Brandon Mebane - (1T)

Corey Liuget - Tony McDaniel (3T)

Joey Bosa - Chris Clemons or Michael Bennett (Leo)

We could also use Liuget at 5T and slide Bosa in to 3T and use Ingram at Leo and Attaochu at SAM.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

It's not just you.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Whatever. I fucked up. I obviously have no clue. Not nearly as smart at Steve. Ill just stop with the X's and O's.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Don't listen to that noise Fleet! This coach loves players that are veritile and that means moving the around, especially vs the better QBs, the more veritile the players are within a personal group the harder we can make the presnap reads for the QB...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

If we were a 4-3, I'd love Bosa. I just have reservations about how he fits in A 3-4.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X