• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Joe Hortiz is going to pick BPA every time.
    He won't go PON because you are never 1 player away.
    ​​​​I believe him when he says he doesn't want fair value because he is staring at a good player.

3QBs will be gone in top 4 picks.
    ​​​​So Joe will be staring at top 1-2 prospect.
    Who are the Chargers top 2?
    Its been MHJ and Alt for me all offseason and it hasn't changed. But does Joe Hortiz who ranks and picks them have the same top 2 as me. We shall see.....

If he does trade out, then I'm expecting him to get a great return. Like 11, 23, 2025 1st. 3 first Rd picks at least to move because he will be moving away from a top 2 player.
    BPA all day, agree.

Three firsts to trade, agree agree agree.

👍

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thanks for feedback
      I mean, Klatt did a lot of Big 10 games with Harbaugh - he has talked to him a lot
      Not much buzz about Bowers - that would be a surprise

As for Shrager - you are right, just going with the crowd - he doesn't know
      Well guys there are now 7-8 draft forecasters that have Latham to the Chargers. And all in the last 48 hours when the bullshit fades away. They are not all clueless. Not sure anyone puts in more work on the draft than Dane Brugler

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Thanks for feedback
        I mean, Klatt did a lot of Big 10 games with Harbaugh - he has talked to him a lot
        Not much buzz about Bowers - that would be a surprise

As for Shrager - you are right, just going with the crowd - he doesn't know
        I think he said the only guy he’d send his kid to as a college football coach is Harbaugh.
        Klatt said he has talked extensively with Harbaugh all year cause of all the drama but I don’t know if he picked his brain about drafts.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Add another

Just read ESPN and Field Yates Final Mock draft and he had Latham to Chargers at 5.

Yeah I know they are all clueless but that is about the 10th one that has Chargers picking Latham. So does Vegas

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Well guys there are now 7-8 draft forecasters that have Latham to the Chargers. And all in the last 48 hours when the bullshit fades away. They are not all clueless. Not sure anyone puts in more work on the draft than Dane Brugler
            But does Brugler have the insights and contacts of say Rick Gosselin who worked for the Dallas Morning News. No doubt Brugler works hard on the scouting and identifying team needs - but does he have the contacts in the building.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Add another

Just read ESPN and Field Yates Final Mock draft and he had Latham to Chargers at 5.

Yeah I know they are all clueless but that is about the 10th one that has Chargers picking Latham. So does Vegas
              So either they all got the same BS being floated - or they got the truth as "heard Latham to the Chargers"

If Latham is a Chargers - it won't be at pick 5

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

So either they all got the same BS being floated - or they got the truth as "heard Latham to the Chargers"

If Latham is a Chargers - it won't be at pick 5
                What if Latham is the pick at 5 though…?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

It we take Latham @5 we are not taking BPA. He's not even the top OT in this draft. Plus if he doesn't lose weight he'll be our
                  starting OG not OT. Which is fine, but you don't take an OG @5 when the best two players in this draft that are not QBs are WRs.

Massive mistake. Makes more sense to trade down and take him @11 if that's the guy you want on the O line.

There is going to be gnashing of the teeth, massive disappointment if we take Latham @5. If it has to be a OT @5 take Alt and
                  be done with it.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

I would like to hear what Boltnut would think of Latham at #5.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

What if Latham is the pick at 5 though…?
                      Heads explode...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

It we take Latham @5 we are not taking BPA. He's not even the top OT in this draft. Plus if he doesn't lose weight he'll be our
                        starting OG not OT. Which is fine, but you don't take an OG @5 when the best two players in this draft that are not QBs are WRs.

Massive mistake. Makes more sense to trade down and take him @11 if that's the guy you want on the O line.

There is going to be gnashing of the teeth, massive disappointment if we take Latham @5. If it has to be a OT @5 take Alt and
                        be done with it.
                        I would think this line of reasoning will win out but if LAC are left holding the bag and they gotta pick at 5 and Latham is the pick, it’s gonna be a loooooong weekend….

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

be done with it.
                          Sounds like Fluker all over again.

Comment

Working...
                          X