• Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Gordon training with the best

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Nothing to do with the video but i expect Gordon to break out in a big way this year. The only way the Chargers contend is with a running game, the only way that happens is if Gordon becomes a big part of our attack.

McCoy needs to use him early and often, if there is a fumble it needs to be brushed aside. If the team "head coach" commits to Gordon it will boost his confidence and help him from getting down on himself. Some players you bench to motivate and some you support. Gordon is obviously the later and a good coach would adjust the approach this year.

My big fear is McCoy doesn't realize he is tied to Gordon. If Gordon fails so will McCoy and maybe the Chargers in San Diego as well. So don't let momentum of pessimism build the first time Gordon puts a ball on the ground.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
      Nothing to do with the video but i expect Gordon to break out in a big way this year. The only way the Chargers contend is with a running game, the only way that happens is if Gordon becomes a big part of our attack.

McCoy needs to use him early and often, if there is a fumble it needs to be brushed aside. If the team "head coach" commits to Gordon it will boost his confidence and help him from getting down on himself. Some players you bench to motivate and some you support. Gordon is obviously the later and a good coach would adjust the approach this year.

My big fear is McCoy doesn't realize he is tied to Gordon. If Gordon fails so will McCoy and maybe the Chargers in San Diego as well. So don't let momentum of pessimism build the first time Gordon puts a ball on the ground.
      Expanding on the bolded above, this is a big fear of mine with this team. If McCoy doesn't realize this (or refuses to acknowledge it) what does this say for his coaching acumen? Or TT's GMing acumen to hand him a component McCoy didn't want (or worse, didn't know what to do with)? These are legitimate concerns IMO. I'm like Missouri right now, "show me". I agree the stakes are higher than normal.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I can't get the video to play. I'm just assuming Gordon is now a Shaolin Monk. We're going to kick some ass this year, but we'll do it fairly and with respect for our elders.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I disagree. If Gordon fumbles a few times, he sits. Oliver and Woodhead aren't scrubs.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I love how he's getting his shoulder down, protecting his legs, and hitting the tackler. Of course, its all simulation.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm glad he's not training his backhand.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Turned it off as soon as I saw who "the best" was. Gordon needs to 'switch' it up.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Las Vegas, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by B.V.W.S.B.GM View Post
                  I disagree. If Gordon fumbles a few times, he sits. Oliver and Woodhead aren't scrubs.
                  Oliver and Woodhead aren't leading team anywhere, already proven. 8-8, 9-7 isn't cutting it anymore. Gordon is the only back capable of taking team to a higher level.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Las Vegas, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Turned it off as soon as I saw who "the best" was. Gordon needs to 'switch' it up.
                    Sucks to say it but AP is the best RB in the NFL. Person and father completely different story.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I like the part about him being faster than Peterson in the early reps. Now he needs to keep working and stay faster in the later reps. Hopefully history repeats itself and he breaks out in his second year here, like he did in both HS and college after struggling his first year.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Oliver and Woodhead aren't leading team anywhere, already proven. 8-8, 9-7 isn't cutting it anymore. Gordon is the only back capable of taking team to a higher level.
                        Rivers is leading the team. Gordon can help if he gets blocking and can protect the football. If he's fumbling, all he's doing is losing.

Comment

Working...
                        X