• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bman6555
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

If they stay at 5 it better be one of the 3 WRs.
    This our only chance for several years to get anyone the quality of those WRs. Tackles who are RT material can always be found mid or late first, as can TEs.
    When picking at 5, you pick the guy who's talent you can't get outside of that.

Anything else would be easily available at 11/12/13.
    You can argue about staying above the Jets if you want Bowers, but I'd still hate a high pick on a TE.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post
      If they stay at 5 it better be one of the 3 WRs.
      This our only chance for several years to get anyone the quality of those WRs. Tackles who are RT material can always be found mid or late first, as can TEs.
      When picking at 5, you pick the guy who's talent you can't get outside of that.

Anything else would be easily available at 11/12/13.
      You can argue about staying above the Jets if you want Bowers, but I'd still hate a high pick on a TE.
      I'm inclined to agree with you. I've seen credible report s about the Vikings, Broncos and Raiders all contacting Hortiz about the availability of the #5 pick, so we know there's interest.

Amazing that it's draft day, and we still have no clear idea about the direction Hortiz will take things. Good on him for his level of stealth.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've seen credible report s about the Vikings, Broncos and Raiders all contacting Hortiz about the availability of the #5 pick, so we know there's interest.

Amazing that it's draft day, and we still have no clear idea about the direction Hortiz will take things. Good on him for his level of stealth.

He's in the "know when to hold 'em" part of the song.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
          [/B]

He's in the "know when to hold 'em" part of the song.
          And a deft job of it he's doing, too. I'm giving him credit.

Comment

• Scharnhorst43
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Scharnhorst43 View Post
            Its Joe Alt at #5 time baby...

this+1. we need an epic OL, Herberts confidence and comfort booster. Then he surgically dismantles defenses with drives, TOP, wear down the opponent, and if all else fails, a laser bomb pass.
            We can get a WR later. And really, with the basketball scores we have now due to easy pass interference flags i think a reasonably good receiver will do. But we need that wall NOW.
            i hate it when im right all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X