Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Welcome Korey Toomer

Not sure this is the best way to introduce yourself to Charger fans:

Korey Toomer
    @Korey_Toomer
    Thanking god for all my opportunities that I've had this journey has been a wild one thank you Raiders and #Raidernation hello @Chargers
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

3 career tackles since 2012. We went all out to fill the spot.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Can we roll him after a victory?
      sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        3 career tackles since 2012. We went all out to fill the spot.
        He filled a niche that didn't need to be filled
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

They need someone to run down the field on special teams, I guess.

Brown will probably off ST's now, and Dzubnar will be the top backup.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

It's not a toomer

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              They need someone to run down the field on special teams, I guess.

Brown will probably off ST's now, and Dzubnar will be the top backup.
              Dzunbar played most of the second half and it seems that is when we had the hardest time trying to stop the Colts. He is just so limited athletically out there. Brown was dynamic while he was out there and there was a shot of him on the sidelines cheering on the defense so it did not seem that he was injured. So strange. I really felt he was the difference maker in the 2nd quarter when the defense actually stepped up and forced the to/td and a number of punts. He is smallish up the middle but there was one play in particular where he ran down the Colts back on a sweep and his speed, attack angle and tackle were perfect. The kid can play, don't know wtf happened in the second half.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                Dzunbar played most of the second half and it seems that is when we had the hardest time trying to stop the Colts. He is just so limited athletically out there. Brown was dynamic while he was out there and there was a shot of him on the sidelines cheering on the defense so it did not seem that he was injured. So strange. I really felt he was the difference maker in the 2nd quarter when the defense actually stepped up and forced the to/td and a number of punts. He is smallish up the middle but there was one play in particular where he ran down the Colts back on a sweep and his speed, attack angle and tackle were perfect. The kid can play, don't know wtf happened in the second half.
                There was a couple of tweets during the game, that Brown came out and the training staff was looking at him.

I'm not sure if they announced what was wrong, but it was mentioned that he was being looked at. Agree that Dzub is limited athletically. But he's evidently ahead of Perry on the depth chart. Was all preseason, and was last Sunday.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                  It's not a toomer
                  1 hr, 45 min.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    He filled a niche that didn't need to be filled
                    LB is not an area of need on this team?

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

raiders fans aren't happy about losing him so it's already a win in my eyes.

Plus his measurables are off the charts. Could be a late bloomer. Already a solid special teamer.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Draft Analysis:

Bucky Brooks' take: Toomer will fight for playing time as a backup linebacker for the Seahawks. He possesses the speed and athleticism Pete Carroll covets in his second-level defenders, which gives him a chance to make the team as a special teams contributor.

6'2"
                        Height
                        234LBS.
                        Weight

Korey Toomer making up for lost time
                        Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:49 PM PDT
                        By Clare Farnsworth

Seahawks.com Writer

@Seahawks
                        Latest Video
                        First Look: Seahawks at Jets

Get a preview of the Week 4 matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and New York Jets.
                        Watch
                        Week 4: Seahawks at Jets Trailer

The Seattle Seahawks will travel to MetLife Stadium for a Week 4 matchup against the New York Jets.
                        Watch
                        Carroll Gives Injury Updates on Wilson & Rawls

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll met with the media and gave injury updates on Russell Wilson and Thomas Rawls on Tell the Truth Monday following the Seahawks 38-17 victory over the 49ers.
                        Watch
                        Latest Photos
                        Cliff Avril, Seahawks Pose As 'Celebrity Waiters'

Cliff Avril and several of his Seahawks teammates took part in a celebrity waiter event on Monday night for the Cliff Avril Family Foundation, which aims to raise funds and awareness for Type 2 diabetes.
                        View
                        Week 3: Sea Gals vs San Francisco 49ers

Images of the Sea Gals as they perform during the Seahawks game against the San Francisco 49ers at CenturyLink Field.
                        View
                        Week 3: Sea Gals Backstage vs Miami Dolphins

Images of the Sea Gals from behind the scenes of the Seahawks game against the 49ers at CenturyLink Field.
                        View

Dan Quinn wasn’t around last year when the Seahawks selected Korey Toomer in the fifth round of the NFL Draft. And when the team’s first-year defensive coordinator did his video review of the 2012 season after being hired in January, Toomer was nowhere to be found because the linebacker from Idaho began his rookie season on the practice squad and finished it on injured reserve after having shoulder surgery in late September.

So Quinn’s introduction to Toomer came during the team’s just-completed offseason program, which included Toomer working on the strong side with the No. 2 and No. 3 defenses during the nine OTA practices and three-day minicamp.

“With Toomer, the athleticism jumps out,” Quinn, the Seahawks’ D-line coach in 2009-10 before leaving to become defensive coordinator at the University of Florida the past two seasons, said on Tuesday. “His initial quickness. His speed. Those are the things that jump out.”

It was these same skills that first attracted the Seahawks to Toomer, who was not invited to NFL Scouting Combine in 2012 but caught the eye of linebackers coach Ken Norton during his Pro Day workout at Idaho. What Norton saw was Toomer run the 40-yard dash in 4.53 seconds at 234 pounds; broad jump 10 feet, 10 inches; and pop a 42-inch vertical leap. Talk about slapping an exclamation point on an impressive effort.

“Ken was excited about the workout,” general manager John Schneider said at the time. “He saw that Korey is a great athlete, can run and had a positive attitude about him. It’s a great thing when you have the position coach buy in like that. Ken had a lot of conviction about him.”

That conviction remained even after Toomer was almost out of mind, if not completely out of sight.

“Coach Norton, he did a real good job in talking to me – keeping me humble, keeping me here,” Toomer said. “Going through all the training and treatment to get my shoulder right, he kept me on the right path.

“I stayed engaged, and it helped me a lot. He always wanted me to come to individual meetings, come to the defensive meetings and be in there and be around the team and let those other guys know I’m still here, I’m stilling working.”

Toomer’s days still include a session in the training room to work on his shoulder, and another in the weight room to strengthen it. But he also was back on the field for the offseason workouts, and just talking about it brought a smile to Toomer’s face.

“It’s been great just to get out there on the field and just to show progress from last year,” he said. “Getting hurt really set me back, so it’s been important just coming out and just showing the coaches that I do have a little game; I can play, too.”

It has been a long wait for Toomer, but then that’s nothing new. After being a two-way starter at Shadow Ridge High School in Las Vegas, Toomer ended up at Arizona Western College – a community college in Yuma. At Idaho, he was a backup in 2009 and then redshirted in 2010 after breaking a hand in fall camp. In 2011, Toomer returned to register 68 tackles and also stepped in at tailback when another player got injured – scoring three touchdowns as the short-yardage back against Utah State.

Now that he’s back on the field for the Seahawks, Toomer would like to have a similar bounce-back effort.

“I’m just out here trying to work, work, work,” he said, before adding, “Sometimes I do have to monitor myself and know that I’m coming off an injury.”

Toomer then smiled again before offering, “Just being around football again is great. I love playing football. I’ve been playing since I was 6. It’s good to be out here. I’m just trying to earn my spot and show these coaches that I can play wherever they want to put me.”

There are roster spots to be had at linebacker. The Seahawks have two proven starters in Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright, who finished 1-2 in tackles last season. Other than that, there is a collection of players with potential but also some unanswered questions – Malcolm Smith, Mike Morgan, Kyle Knox, Allen Bradford and Toomer.

As Quinn put it, “With Korey, it’s a matter of how much of the details can he get down? He just needs 1,000 reps to show it.”
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X