• Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think a scenario that can play out is that the Cardinals trade with the Vikes, get the two 1st round picks. Then the Cardinals take 11, trade it to the Chargers along with two 3rds for the 5th overall pick. They take MHJ at 5.
    Could see it, or the very rare 3 team trade.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I agree with everything you said here. But some are calling for Harbaugh and Hortiz to be fired for making this trade. That's downright ridiculous.

Seau with the Dolphins and Patriots. Rivers with the Colts. LaDainian Tomlinson with the Jets. It happens. Time to move on.
      I thought the OP that started that thread was 100% joking. I added a troll post to it.

Agree with you - they have a plan, they are in the first inning of execution and some nuts are pulling their hair out like its opening day.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think a scenario that can play out is that the Cardinals trade with the Vikes, get the two 1st round picks. Then the Cardinals take 11, trade it to the Chargers along with two 3rds for the 5th overall pick. They take MHJ at 5.
        Thats light on the draft value chart. Whats better - both 3s or their first 2 at 35?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats light on the draft value chart. Whats better - both 3s or their first 2 at 35?
          Yep...agree...two 3rd rounders, as Kevin on Shark Tank would say, is not enough to wet my beak...if the Cards can get #11, I would trade down for that pick PLUS #35 AND #66...if the Cards squawk about that, I tell them give me #71 instead of #66 and that's my FINAL OFFER...if the Cards are so desperate to trade up, let 'em squirm...

image.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...agree...two 3rd rounders, as Kevin on Shark Tank would say, is not enough to wet my beak...if the Cards can get #11, I would trade down for that pick PLUS #35 AND #66...if the Cards squawk about that, I tell them give me #71 instead of #66 and that's my FINAL OFFER...if the Cards are so desperate to trade up, let 'em squirm...

image.png
            I like that deal. I liked 11 and 23 more but … oh well

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Trader Joe needs to play hardball...a #5 is a premium pick...several elite players will be there...u want it, u gotta pay extra...if not, it's "hold on, I got a call on another line..."

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

That there is the ultimate in trade-down mania. They could even trade all of their 7ths for more future 7ths and just go pure UDFA. There is a balance - a team needs workhorses but great teams almost always have some great players making great plays.
                Exactly. I am not against trading down but it better be WAY over paid for, whatever that so called value chart reads? Double it at a minimum or no dice. Gotta take great players, you need the superstars when you have the chance to get them.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

If we were to pull the trigger on the 5 for the 11 & 23 realistically-

@11 maybe Bowers would be there, probably one of Dallas Turner, Terrion Arnold, Latu and Fuaga may all be on the board!

@23 OC Jackson Powers, DT Newton, DB Nate Wiggins, DB Kool Aid, S Cooper DeJean, DE Byron Murphy, OG/OC Graham Barton may be on the board!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We don't need production there??? Wha, whaaa, WHAAT?"
                    See signature.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
                      I Like that as well,...so we still have possibilities for getting 11 and extra picks. Hopefully AZ really wants MHJ and let's us know about that plan before they make that deal with Minnesota.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

That there is the ultimate in trade-down mania. They could even trade all of their 7ths for more future 7ths and just go pure UDFA. There is a balance - a team needs workhorses but great teams almost always have some great players making great plays.
                        Dielman and Gates were UDFA. I like this idea.

Someone should pound the table a few times, too.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and.... being notoriously in favor of trenchmen more oft than not.... what's your call ?? do you have one yet.... ??
                          I never expected them to trade KA away. So now we are missing our two best WR. What's the right move now?

So, I ask myself; if we take an OT to replace Pipkins, how much better would the team be? If we stay put and take the best WR left, how much better will the team be? I guess it comes down to how bad is Pip? The third option, trade down, is a crap shoot. You could end up with two new starters or you could miss on both of them.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X