• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Some of the podcast guys made this point about Bozeman. He was asked to block for a shit ton lot longer cause Young held the ball waaaay too long…..Young was terrible last year. Worst weapons roster in the NFL.
    my limited observations align with this hypothesis. Also in run game, the new HC/OC installed a new zone block scheme that none of the linemen ever came close to mastering, plus the guards played so poorly or got injured that I read somewhere that well over 10 different players were put in at OG during the season.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah definitely one year prove it deal. Especially given what a Titans fan have told me. Sounds like Michael Davis in his off years 😅
      Yes, for sure. One year prove it deal. Nothing more. Which is fine. I mean Gilmore is 33; Xavien Howard I have read has dropped off. Maulet or Rock Ya Sin. There are a reason they are all still free agents.

Don't break the bank on this one Joe - if he wants too much - keep walking

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Fulton=depth piece
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Fulton might be ok signing. Had a bad year last year but has enough talent that he was Titans CB1 for a couple of seasons before that. Drafted in 2nd round.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Mike Williams, per Schefter, with the Jets
            one year, up to $15m

My guess, heavy incentives

No need to think comp pick - he was released.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
              Mike Williams, per Schefter, with the Jets
              one year, up to $15m

My guess, heavy incentives

No need to think comp pick - he was released.
              Yeah that injury history bug bit him in the ass BIG time.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                looking back @2021.... who would you draft.... of course most here are going to respond w/the benefit of hindsight (coz most here can't stand any vulnerability/to be wrong for god's sake), and.... maybe also consider what you/they knew before the draft.... ??

Penei Sewell
                Patrick Surtain
                DeVonta Smith
                Micah Parsons
                Rashawn Slater
                Alijah Vera Tucker

off the board >> Jaylen Waddle, JaMarr Chase, Kyle Pitts

QBs went 1-2-3

and who would you take @11 instead ?? ....Parsons, Slater or Tucker ??

and what would you have done @5 ?? ....the RT or WR ??

similar draft in that there was a "generational" TE, a "generational" WR, two other receivers and LT Slater

there was def some debate as to whether Cincy should be prudent and draft the OT, albeit Burrows was lobbying for his homie @wideout

Ninja couldn't stand Smith as he thought injury was inevitable....

and is there a CB or ED that may be as good as Surtain/Parsons ?? Kool Aid/Dallas Turner ?? (coz if there are, surely some here will claim they said that prior to the draft....

ps. until Jeremiah heralded Slater (similar to Zion in the successive draft), Rashawn was mired in the second round conversation.... not so dissimilar from Fuaga who was a later first rounder to start this stanza

will also add, again not dissimilarly that Justin Fields and Mac Jones went just a bit later in the first round.... 11 & 15
                I liked Sewell then and I like him now. And would have drafted him then over the others. Knowing how aggressive I like to get when I like a player, there might be a trade up for Sewell post of mine somewhere .... And also seem to remember liking Parsons as top 5 talent and then Rousseau as a top 10 pick.
                Also liked JC Horn and Surtain. Was not afraid of Slim reaper size as he seem to play big at Alabama. So he stayed ranked #2 behind Jamar for me. I liked Creed Humphrey as 1st Rd talent and enough that he was a target at #13 until Chargers signed Linsley in free agency. I still like Pitts and liked him then too.

​​​​​​​I liked Basham-DE and he just hasn't done anything in NFL worthy of where I had him and already traded once .

​​​​​​​In the 2020 draft I really liked LB/S Simmons and so did everyone else it seemed. He been traded and now is a UFA. Maybe he can be signed to a 1 year cheap prove it deal. Brought into camp by Hortiz. Seems like he could play football and is talented...so not sure why he is struggling so much.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Would you trade for Brandon Aiyuk, with both Keenan and Mike definitely gone now?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Simmons and James would create issues for an offense.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Would you trade for Brandon Aiyuk, with both Keenan and Mike definitely gone now?

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...p-G1cmjVBlp25Y
                      Not giving up pick 5 for him
                      So would pick 37 work - maybe
                      But the cost - he will be more than Ridley and Ridley was 92/4

I think you can find an Aiyuk in the draft, for cheaper, keeping draft picks

I like him though. Between him, Ridley and Higgins - I think he is the best one

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article...p-G1cmjVBlp25Y
                        Not at the price and salary required.

There was some speculation the Jags were interested and the price was their top pick (17) and Zay Jones.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          Not giving up pick 5 for him
                          So would pick 37 work - maybe
                          But the cost - he will be more than Ridley and Ridley was 92/4

I think you can find an Aiyuk in the draft, for cheaper, keeping draft picks

I like him though. Between him, Ridley and Higgins - I think he is the best one
                          Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                          Not at the price and salary required.
                          Agreed. Plus he comes off as sort of diva-ish...rather not bring that into the locker room.

Comment

Working...
                          X