• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

yes. so MINN is supposed to jump through hoops finding a QB for JJ, and then get rid of JJ in the process? makes no sense.
    JJ is in the last year of his contract. Minn is 11M under the cap. JJ want's 30M a year. Minn either has to re-sign him, trade him, or let him walk.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

JJ is in the last year of his contract. Minn is 11M under the cap. JJ want's 30M a year. Minn either has to re-sign him, trade him, or let him walk.
      That’s what gave me pause with this rumor. JJ reportedly already turned down an extension offer, if Minn can’t afford him…would they use him in a package to draft their QB of the future? Like folks keep saying, you don’t need a top WR to win it all.
      😎

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

I don't think JJ would want to play here watching all the handing off to rb's, he seems to always want the ball T.O. esque.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

IMV we MUST find value with precision trade downs lol.
          Every draft is unique.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
            I don't think JJ would want to play here watching all the handing off to rb's, he seems to always want the ball T.O. esque.
            Balanced offense doesn't sound like run heavy to me which is what I think you are suggesting.
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

IMV we MUST find value with precision trade downs lol.
              Every draft is unique.
              I think a few of us have been saying this for a while. The draft is loaded with talent especially at certain positions.
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I think a few of us have been saying this for a while. The draft is loaded with talent especially at certain positions.
                Yeah it gets repetitious, but worth repeating.
                We all fall in love with specific prospects.
                Your work this draft season is appreciated.
                I have a sense that Joe saw a clump of players he liked around pick #100,
                when thinking about the Slayer trade that came to fruition.
                I've got to get past OL madness as there are midround glass eaters,
                especially at IOL, but OT too.
                Would you consider Murphy or Jer'zhan @ #11,
                per the Cat Plan for world domination ???

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  still no update on what they signed Kristian Fulton for, it's official he signed on the dotted line yesterday but no word on the terms yet...I'm still curious as heck if they managed to get him for under 3mil to avoid compensatory pick formula...maybe today they update the terms on OTC...
                  It's probably already been posted but in case it hasn't...the terms for the Kristian Fulton deal are 2.885mil so he doesn't count against the compensatory formula, not sure what happened because several different sites were projecting that he would sign a 3 year deal for around 21mil or about 7mil APY...I guess this is the type of shit that happens when you have a credible coaching staff that can lure a guy like this into the fold without throwing money at him...I would be shocked if that was the best deal that was thrown his way...I think Hortiz and Harbaugh sat him down and told him,"hey look who's coaching our D, come in work hard, stay healthy and we'll use you in a way that will make you filthy rich"

They convinced him to bet on himself...hopefully it works out or the kid because if it does it means we got a very cheap high level 1 year rental and a solid comp pick out of a 2.885 mil investment...

BTW, that means that the chargers currently have 4 compensatory picks lined up for 2025 draft, two 6th rounders and two 7th rounders...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Yeah it gets repetitious, but worth repeating.
                    We all fall in love with specific prospects.
                    Your work this draft season is appreciated.
                    I have a sense that Joe saw a clump of players he liked around pick #100,
                    when thinking about the Slayer trade that came to fruition.
                    I've got to get past OL madness as there are midround glass eaters,
                    especially at IOL, but OT too.
                    Would you consider Murphy or Jer'zhan @ #11,
                    per the Cat Plan for world domination ???
                    First, You're welcome and thank you for the compliment. When looking at these guys I try and stay away from the emotional involvement (my guy) and look at best fit.

Regards to your question, I really like Newton and think I posted highlights of him around here somewhere. I've seen him mocked everywhere from the 1st rnd to the 3rd. I also like what I saw from Murphy. Texas had him lined up as a NT in some of their 3-4 formations and he was able to get good pressure up the middle. I don't know if I would pick one of them @ 11 though because DT is loaded this year. There is also, Jenkins, Fiske, and Sweat. A sleeper that I like is Khristain Boyd from Northern Iowa. With that said if the Chargers select one of them @ 11 I wouldn't be disappointed. I wanted Harbaugh/Hortiz combo from the beginning so I'm onboard with what they do.

I think when looking at the players and positions in this draft you have to look at the drop off from the top guys to the next level. Take WR for example, what's the drop off from the top-3 WRs to the next group? If you think the drop off is big then maybe you take the WR @11. If not, then maybe you can wait to draft one. Kinda goes back to DJs comment. Pick your flavor at that point.
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

First, You're welcome and thank you for the compliment. When looking at these guys I try and stay away from the emotional involvement (my guy) and look at best fit.

Regards to your question, I really like Newton and think I posted highlights of him around here somewhere. I've seen him mocked everywhere from the 1st rnd to the 3rd. I also like what I saw from Murphy. Texas had him lined up as a NT in some of their 3-4 formations and he was able to get good pressure up the middle. I don't know if I would pick one of them @ 11 though because DT is loaded this year. There is also, Jenkins, Fiske, and Sweat. A sleeper that I like is Khristain Boyd from Northern Iowa. With that said if the Chargers select one of them @ 11 I wouldn't be disappointed. I wanted Harbaugh/Hortiz combo from the beginning so I'm onboard with what they do.

I think when looking at the players and positions in this draft you have to look at the drop off from the top guys to the next level. Take WR for example, what's the drop off from the top-3 WRs to the next group? If you think the drop off is big then maybe you take the WR @11. If not, then maybe you can wait to draft one. Kinda goes back to DJs comment. Pick your flavor at that point.
                      WRs. CBs. RBs. Tiers n flavors everywhere.
                      Brugler's Beast, due any day now will help me get more and more dialed in on details.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

I’ve been listening to a ton of Vikings podcasts because of all these rumors and talk about trading down, and they have all said in a very matter of fact way that JJ is actually heavily involved with O’Connell and the GM in the QB process. And they want it that way. They don’t want him to come to them and say, “trade me”. The MIN FO knows they are under the gun, even from that standpoint. And it was the FO that brought JJ into the discussion. They wanted him to feel involved in it.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

WRs. CBs. RBs. Tiers n flavors everywhere.
                          Brugler's Beast, due any day now will help me get more and more dialed in on details.

I think after Aug 2 when coaches start getting their hands on the players, we will get a better idea on what they may do in regard to the draft.
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X