• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I’ve been listening to a ton of Vikings podcasts because of all these rumors and talk about trading down, and they have all said in a very matter of fact way that JJ is actually heavily involved with O’Connell and the GM in the QB process. And they want it that way. They don’t want him to come to them and say, “trade me”. The MIN FO knows they are under the gun, even from that standpoint. And it was the FO that brought JJ into the discussion. They wanted him to feel involved in it.
    That makes since. I could see JJ being pissed after they traded their QB. JJ is like ok you want me to stay in this current situation it's going to cost you or you could trade me.

Also, if that is true, they are going to give up the farm to get him a QB.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

That makes since. I could see JJ being pissed after they traded their QB. JJ is like ok you want me to stay in this current situation it's going to cost you or you could trade me.

Also, if that is true, they are going to give up the farm to get him a QB.
      Yeah, they discuss that JJ wasn’t excited with Cousins leaving. He really was questioning where they are going at QB and they insisted he be involved in the process. It just adds to the fact that MIN is all in on this. They aren’t screwing around. And going out and getting pick 23 proves it.
      It’s also telling that all of these podcasters are not bummed about losing Cousins. They want a young rookie QB and they all are of the opinion that this is the year to do it. Next years class is very meh at QB.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Didn’t realize the max comp pick a team can get is 4.

Still have one more we can get after this. But not sure from who. Also surprised we gave him so much.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Compensatory picks are good, but most are 6th and 7th round. Usually I don’t get too excited about picks that late. Maybe I will with Hortiz doing the drafting. I think once the draft is over, the Chargers will really be a big draw for the best of the UDFAs. We have a ton of holes, there is a lot of buzz about the team and the new trainer, we have Herbert at QB, and Harbaugh knows these players and they know him. Almost better than compensatory picks for now!

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Compensatory picks are good, but most are 6th and 7th round. Usually I don’t get too excited about picks that late. Maybe I will with Hortiz doing the drafting. I think once the draft is over, the Chargers will really be a big draw for the best of the UDFAs. We have a ton of holes, there is a lot of buzz about the team and the new trainer, we have Herbert at QB, and Harbaugh knows these players and they know him. Almost better than compensatory picks for now!

TG
            My guess is that they won't exercise all those picks, right now they stand to have four 6ths and three 7ths in 2025 draft...they can use them to move around in the current draft or to acquire talent during the season before the trade deadline too...they already had 8 picks in 2025 and now would have 12 after these comps get tabulated...I'd be very surprised if they draft 12 guys next year, use them to fill holes and boost team depth for this year by trading a couple of these for players, IDK...but I do know it's a good problem to have
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

TG
              The biggest pick the Chargers got was the pick swap of the Patriots and they might not be the best team in 2025 so that could be a top 10 pick in the 6th round

Murray and Everett are scheduled to be sixth round comp picks

If the Chargers lose one for DAvis - it will be a 7th rounder - -thats fine

At this point Chargers will have 3 sixth round picks and two seventh -- thats prettyd

Basically 7th round comp picks just allow you to get a priority UDFA without the negotiations

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

TG
                It might pay off more next year if some of these one year players have a great year and get paid in 2025.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The biggest pick the Chargers got was the pick swap of the Patriots and they might not be the best team in 2025 so that could be a top 10 pick in the 6th round

Murray and Everett are scheduled to be sixth round comp picks

If the Chargers lose one for DAvis - it will be a 7th rounder - -thats fine

At this point Chargers will have 3 sixth round picks and two seventh -- thats prettyd

Basically 7th round comp picks just allow you to get a priority UDFA without the negotiations
                  NO, at this point they have their own 6th, the one from the patriots, and the two comps one for Murray and one for Everett, that's 4 total picks in round six, in round seven they traded theirs to NE, but they have one from the Browns for Hopkins and it sounds like they are getting one 7th round comp pick too , so that makes 2 seventh round picks in total because the Fulton signing might have canceled out the Austin Johnson comp pick...

still tho, having 6 total picks in rounds six and seven in 2025 is nice, they can replace a ton of depth pieces with those picks, by the beginning of the 2025 season the Roster will be almost unrecognizable from Staley's last team...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

NO, at this point they have their own 6th, the one from the patriots, and the two comps one for Murray and one for Everett, that's 4 total picks in round six, in round seven they traded theirs to NE, but they have one from the Browns for Hopkins and it sounds like they are getting one 7th round comp pick too , so that makes 2 seventh round picks in total because the Fulton signing might have canceled out the Austin Johnson comp pick...

still tho, having 6 total picks in rounds six and seven in 2025 is nice, they can replace a ton of depth pieces with those picks, by the beginning of the 2025 season the Roster will be almost unrecognizable from Staley's last team...
                    Good point - very true. Forgot they get their own picks!

So right now like you said - four sixes and two 7th

Thats pretty good actually. I am fine if Fulton crossed off Austin Johnson if he was the best player for the money. Its not like the Chargers lost a 5th rounder, they lost a 7th rounder

The thing with getting the two comp 6th rounders is with their own and the Pats 6th rounders - those might be used to move up in Round 4 or 5 a spot or two -

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

JJ is in the last year of his contract. Minn is 11M under the cap. JJ want's 30M a year. Minn either has to re-sign him, trade him, or let him walk.
                      which is ok, then use some of those draft picks on a new WR in this draft and just draft one of the 2nd tier QB's who fall to you, but if you get rid of all your picks, and JJ, then what??

who knows, people have done crazier stuff, but it still does not make sense to me. maybe i've lost my mind and this is all normal. this board takes you into another reality.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

which is ok, then use some of those draft picks on a new WR in this draft and just draft one of the 2nd tier QB's who fall to you, but if you get rid of all your picks, and JJ, then what??

who knows, people have done crazier stuff, but it still does not make sense to me. maybe i've lost my mind and this is all normal. this board takes you into another reality.
                        a lot of the rumors circulating around the Vikings right now are really stupid, like the Chargers sending them Justin Herbert, that was some of the dumbest shit I've seen in an NFL offseason...

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

a lot of the rumors circulating around the Vikings right now are really stupid, like the Chargers sending them Justin Herbert, that was some of the dumbest shit I've seen in an NFL offseason...
                          exactly. if we trade Herbert, then WE start from scratch. nuts.

Comment

Working...
                          X