• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

You're the one that brought up the last 2 minutes. None of which I can see were the fault of Pipkins. The pressure is coming from
    the inside as the pocket is getting pushed back into Herbert. That is the domain of the OGs not the OTs. If you tell me Pipkens is not
    a great run blocker I would agree with you. But you're blaming the guy for every time Herbert gets sacked, which is wrong.
    Been watching him since he was drafted: feet too slow to be on an island, sets up almost in the backfield and still gets beat like a drum, Herbie saves him by scrambling. He’s just not that good, sorry.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Sounds like an ultimatum blueman.
      I just want to hear Harbaugh say, “Challenge accepted!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Been watching him since he was drafted: feet too slow to be on an island, sets up almost in the backfield and still gets beat like a drum, Herbie saves him by scrambling. He’s just not that good, sorry.
        He was fine in 2022. Then the whole O line fell apart in 2023. Don't kid yourself there were far more problems inside than with Pipkins.

Herbie is not scrambler. He only runs when he sees space. He has elite talent but is not an elite QB at this point in time. He makes
        bad throws and doesn't see the field well. That's got to improve and get back to where he was in his first two years. Coaching may
        have ruined him. Harbaugh knows he needs help and a running game should do it.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Agree to disagree. Guess we’ll find out how the MFIC feels come September.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He was fine in 2022. Then the whole O line fell apart in 2023. Don't kid yourself there were far more problems inside than with Pipkins.

Herbie is not scrambler. He only runs when he sees space. He has elite talent but is not an elite QB at this point in time. He makes
            bad throws and doesn't see the field well. That's got to improve and get back to where he was in his first two years. Coaching may
            have ruined him. Harbaugh knows he needs help and a running game should do it.
            Pipkins was not "fine" in 2022. His PFF grade was 59.2. PFF is not the see-all and be-all final say... but I trust them more than the people that say he was "fine" in 2022. You don't have to look at the final 2-minutes of any particular game or two. Watch him game-in and game-out. There are many times he gets beat in both the run game and pass protect. Harbaugh doesn't want to be "fine" at running the ball... he wants to be very good at running the ball. Orlando Brown Jr. was very good for Roman @Baltimore (75+pff every year for Roman). That's your measuring stick... not Pipkin's 2022 or 2023 years. Those years might be "fine" for you... but I doubt they're "fine" for Roman.

Suggesting someone was "fine" because others were worse around him is not a very compelling arguement. If Salyer can't handle the RG position... go find someone who can... whether that is in the draft or via FA... do it. They did that @center... why not RG and RT...?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Too much sense, nutty. 👍

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Hopefully I do not get crazy busy at work tomorrow like today.

The proof in the pudding with any mock is the big picture--the roster build.

Pause...wu has appointed himself Quality Control Monitor around here, part schtick, part a sincere effort to inspire us all to up our game.

Well, my friends, this has been the best draft season I have ever seen.

TPB killed it and remains an absolute top tier NFL team fan forum all across the internet.

Frankly the Chargers will win in this draft guaranteed, and our only personal disappointments will be in imagining what might have been...at least until we play football.

It's all about the W's.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Agree to disagree. Guess we’ll find out how the MFIC feels come September.
                  We'll start seeing the OL 1s and 2s that Jim intends to go with in early August if not sooner.

Mandatory vet mini camp is Jun 11 - 13.

The draft may provide a strong clue, like a 1st rd OT. We know Slater is the starting LT. I doubt that we lead off with a depth trainee.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Who will have a bigger impact in the NFL for their career Nabors, Udonze, Bowers or Alt?

I think it could be Bowers.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      LAC is not going to be a favorable destination for UFA WRs. A one year contract here would not set them up for a nice pay day. It's the scheme vs the chance to play with Justin Herbert. Maybe someone will bite in the next few days, before it's too late.
                      I don’t think JH2 are going to throw out a $6M-$8M+ contract for a proven starter WR1/WR2. I think Joe is looking at the next tier down for value. Any “value contract” UFA at this point is probably not destined for a high-opportunity role anywhere or he wouldn’t be sitting at home waiting for his agent to call to fill out a WR room roster somewhere. that UfA is probably more concerned about “where can I be sure i get a 2024 paycheck?”.

A WR3/WR4 may like the odds of winning a roster spot come September with LAC vs some other teams. More may depend on what we do in the draft. Current roster has JP and QJ and then … who? Who would WR3/WR4 be worried about losing a roster spot to? Do JH2 carry 4 or 5 WRs on the 53? UFAs are making real time business calculations with imperfect data …

I expect they draft one WR. I’m not expecting they draft 2, but I’ve seen many guess they might. Beats me …
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        Who will have a bigger impact in the NFL for their career Nabors, Udonze, Bowers or Alt?

I think it could be Bowers.
                        who could possibly know something like that? unless you can travel into the future and then return with the answer, the only thing even the most informed people can do is make educated guesses....
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Hopefully I do not get crazy busy at work tomorrow like today.

The proof in the pudding with any mock is the big picture--the roster build.

Pause...wu has appointed himself Quality Control Monitor around here, part schtick, part a sincere effort to inspire us all to up our game.

Well, my friends, this has been the best draft season I have ever seen.

TPB killed it and remains an absolute top tier NFL team fan forum all across the internet.

Frankly the Chargers will win in this draft guaranteed, and our only personal disappointments will be in imagining what might have been...at least until we play football.

It's all about the W's.

the Harbaugh hire has kind of taken some of the appeal away from the draft but only because I can't wait for the regular season to start...it doesn't matter if they take Alt at #5 or whatever disappointment I feel with whoever they pick, the Chargers are going to look and feel different on the field where it matters, that's what I'm itching to see, that change and the winning that will come as a result, been too long since I genuinely looked forward to a season with this type of enthusiasm...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X