Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They were very well could draft one of those guys, although I'd rather have Odunze over Nabers.

Tyler Boyd is not going to sign for the vet minimum so I don't think we're going to get him and in my opinion he is Keenan Allen Very light, not really close.

And yeah, we brought Chark in because he's available to bring in right now. There could be some other guys available after the draft so we'll see. Not a big deal.
    Boyd had back to back 1,000+ yd seasons before Burrow arrived, with the likes of Andy Dalton as his QB. His numbers have only dipped because of the arrival Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase in Cinn.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Obviously this depends on the price. I assume they won't sign him until after the draft unless he's signing for such a small amount it doesn't count against the comp pick formula. If that's the case, I think he's a good depth piece to bring in. He has flaws, but everyone available post draft will, too. The Chargers should not be counting on him playing being more than receiver 4-5, but if you get him for near the vet minimum why not?
      Exactly... as a 4-5 WR at a good price. As I said he is better than some receivers we have trotted out in the last few years

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My thinking is they will draft Nabers or MHJ at #5 then sign one of these veteran FAs they've been bringing in. They might use one of the 7th round picks on a project, and/or aggressively go after some rookie WRs that didn't get drafted that Harbaugh likes. But they won't use another premium pick on WR, if their 1st pick is a WR. The WR room is going to need a veteran presence. Tyler Boyd is my preference. He'd be Keenan Allen light.

As for Guyton. He returned from injury in the middle of last season to a FUBAR situation. He'll probably be better after another year to completely heal. However, I don't think Harbaugh or Roman will be interested - he sucks as a blocker.
        Guyton for me as always been MEH. He was over glorified by some Charger fans because he caught a couple of spectacular bombs from Herbert.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Guyton for me as always been MEH. He was over glorified by some Charger fans because he caught a couple of spectacular bombs from Herbert.
          Yeah, we don't need no WR catching any spectacular bombs from Herbert.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Boyd had back to back 1,000+ yd seasons before Burrow arrived, with the likes of Andy Dalton as his QB. His numbers have only dipped because of the arrival Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase in Cinn.
            Boyd has been solid, but yet another possession receiver on the Chargers. I am not over the moon about MSV or Chark but i do like they are looking at getting some speed in this group.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Yeah, we don't need no WR catching any spectacular bombs from Herbert.
              lol we need one who can do it more than a couple of times...4 years ago and is still riding on it!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Guyton had nobody but himself to blame for his flabby beer gut, regardless of the situation. If the guy can't show some dedication and come in in shape, move on.
                He didn't look as bad as Mahomes gut

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He did, 5 and 6 years ago. He isn't a bad option but he isn't close to Keenan. He would be #3 here as well with MW and Keenan.

The main thing is I just don't think he will sign for a dirt cheap deal. He already turned down 2 years 10 mil with his hometown team he wanted to play for. I'm sure 4 mil is as high as we will offer him. We may offer less,...and then have his agent call Pittsburgh again.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

He's no TBilly...
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

I think the best option is to sign Chark for a body so they at least have some capable starters and they can then go full BPA in the draft.

Then trade down the #5 for 2 1sts and get a RT and maybe another WR , CB, DL etc or whatever the BPA is.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                        I think the best option is to sign Chark for a body so they at least have some capable starters and they can then go full BPA in the draft.

Then trade down the #5 for 2 1sts and get a RT and maybe another WR , CB, DL etc or whatever the BPA is.
                        I don't mind Chark as a depth and speed guy. He was a Pro Bowler in Jax. Didnt light up Carolina last year but who did?

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Ontario , Canada
                          • Send PM

I don't mind Chark as a depth and speed guy. He was a Pro Bowler in Jax. Didnt light up Carolina last year but who did?
                          He has some experience is important too. It would be hard to line up QJ and Josh Palmer w another rookie like MH2, there would just be too many errors due to youth.
                          Teams would respect our pass O more w a vet like Chark in there.
                          Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-19-2024, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X