• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    My sincerity is eternal, brah

we were not a 5-12 team, we had a 5-12 defensive head coach and lost our superstar QB
    Come on man -- you know that is bull shit. At best, at best, they were a 7 win team with Herbert for the entire season

When Herbert got hurt, they were 5-8. He got hurt in the Denver game - at the time losing I think. Buffalo, I think they lose even with Herbert. Thursday against the Raiders - -Herbert would have played better for sure. They probably beat Denver in Denver with Herbert, I give you that one. And the last game, Chiefs were resting players so who really gives a shit. So maybe 2-2

That 7-10 - that not good.

Why can't thinking they have had a good offseason, the right HC and GM and the right path forward - why is not that optimistic enough?

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

i hope this is sarcasm and I will take it as sarcasm
      This is not the response of contrition I was expecting to hear .... something more along the lines of this:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Come on man -- you know that is bull shit. At best, at best, they were a 7 win team with Herbert for the entire season

When Herbert got hurt, they were 5-8. He got hurt in the Denver game - at the time losing I think. Buffalo, I think they lose even with Herbert. Thursday against the Raiders - -Herbert would have played better for sure. They probably beat Denver in Denver with Herbert, I give you that one. And the last game, Chiefs were resting players so who really gives a shit. So maybe 2-2

That 7-10 - that not good.

Why can't thinking they have had a good offseason, the right HC and GM and the right path forward - why is not that optimistic enough?
        Good enough for who? I’m disagreeing with you, i didnt say you have to agree with me. You think at best 7. I saw the same team win 10 in 2022. We shall differ.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Good enough for who? I’m disagreeing with you, i didnt say you have to agree with me. You think at best 7. I saw the same team win 10 in 2022. We shall differ.
          Difference is, a shitier OC than Lambo....and a worse OL coach?
          Again I think if JH and Minter has the same team as last years we win 9-10 games.
          We almost beat Buffalo with Stick.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Feels like crush is back..

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I have no doubt whatsoever that Jim Harbaugh believes that. And I tend to trust his judgement.
              To be fair to unbelievers, he's probably going to be wrong two or three times in that regard but it won't be for lack of effort.
              I'd be more worried if Harbaugh or any coach went into games thinking they were automatic losses....
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

This commentator says Packers IDL Kenny Clark might be on the chopping block because of his salary and a plethora of good young IDL players on their roster. The dude may be way off base, but if he became available as a FA, 1. could the Chargers afford him and 2. should they pursue him? IDL is still a concern for the Chargers, with Otito Ogbonnia penciled in as the starter at NT. Clark, a 3 time Pro Bowler (including last season) at NT for the Packers with 34 career sacks from the interior (7.5 last season) will turn 29 in Oct. He's also been pretty durable, missing a game or two here and there, but never had a season-ending injury or missed more than 3 games per season. He's missed only 1 game the past three seasons. It's just this guy's speculation, but he would really solidify the DL, the defense and the roster if the Chargers were able to land him.

10 Biggest NFL Names That Are Most Likely Still To Get Cut This 2024 Offseason

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

I agree with you, off the record. The best team in the league has never won all 17 games ever (16 only once - lost SB, 14 only once - undefeated).

But I will go on the official record as (hopefully) your future Mayor of JimTown and say: there are no games we are expected to lose
                  I like that! Its a change of attitude!...and expectations! Who's got it better then US!!!!?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I am not talking about 2022. I am talking about last year

When Justin Herbert got hurt, they were 5-8 - FACT
                    he missed four games - they were 0-4 - FACT
                    The best they could have done with a completely healthy Herbert for 17 games was 9-8

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This is not the response of contrition I was expecting to hear .... something more along the lines of this:

funny

hey i want to be 100% wrong - i hope I am. I hope they win 12 to 13 games, win some playoff games.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Feels like crush is back..
                        No, if Crusher was back, it would be a long rant about why did we let T-Billy go...although, to tell the truth, Crusher did make some valid points, though he could be somewhat bellicose, bombastic and truculent at times...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          This commentator says Packers IDL Kenny Clark might be on the chopping block because of his salary and a plethora of good young IDL players on their roster. The dude may be way off base, but if he became available as a FA, 1. could the Chargers afford him and 2. should they pursue him? IDL is still a concern for the Chargers, with Otito Ogbonnia penciled in as the starter at NT. Clark, a 3 time Pro Bowler (including last season) at NT for the Packers with 34 career sacks from the interior (7.5 last season) will turn 29 in Oct. He's also been pretty durable, missing a game or two here and there, but never had a season-ending injury or missed more than 3 games per season. He's missed only 1 game the past three seasons. It's just this guy's speculation, but he would really solidify the DL, the defense and the roster if the Chargers were able to land him.

10 Biggest NFL Names That Are Most Likely Still To Get Cut This 2024 Offseason
                          I'm afraid Kenny Clark may be a bit too expensive for us. He's the kind of player Trader Joe would let go at the end of his contract for a 3rd round comp pick:

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X