Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I remember one hit at the LOS or a little behind that has stuck in my mind. Looked like the RB had been hit with high voltage voltage the way his hair stuck straight out at all angles when DP nailed him.
    Perryman hit with serious violence when he got a clean shot. he was suspended recently for using the top of his helmet. He plays a little rough but Harbaugh might like that.
    That hit was on Packers’ RB Eddie Lacy in Perryman’s rookie season. Lacy was a 5-11 250 lb RB whose game was to get low and use leverage to power his way through tacklers. He tried that on Perryman but Perryman got lower and blew him up at the LOS. You could tell by Lacy’s reaction that he was surprised as hell that a LB beat him at his own game.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I never expected them to trade KA away. So now we are missing our two best WR. What's the right move now?

So, I ask myself; if we take an OT to replace Pipkins, how much better would the team be? If we stay put and take the best WR left, how much better will the team be? I guess it comes down to how bad is Pip? The third option, trade down, is a crap shoot. You could end up with two new starters or you could miss on both of them.
      yeah, (very) tough call, and.... think historically the win column is most impacted by adding (top shelf/quality) Oline, and.... thinkin' it's time we do a trade down.... my suspicion is that Joe is gonna do real well the first two days.... am not so confident day three when he starts handing out favors to his coaching staff, and maybe even to some of the admin/men (cough
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Halonoonan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Zay should have gone higher …. To the Chargers. Quibbling over their two draft positions is really splitting hairs, don’t you think. TT never properly valued speed, across the entire roster.

Hortiz was not in charge of BAL drafts, Hortiz made zero picks in his tenure at BAL. I’m not sure how long it will take people here to translate this fact into usable information.
        I came here to say the exact same thing. He wasn’t the GM in Baltimore, DeCosta was. Yea, JH probably learned a lot from
        him obviously but that doesn’t mean he agreed on every single pick the Revens made or the trades etc.
        people need to stop thinking that JH ran the show in Bal and that he will be exactly the same here in LA.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Thats light on the draft value chart. Whats better - both 3s or their first 2 at 35?
          How is that light? They get pick 5 that’s worth 1,700. Chargers get 11, 66 and 71 that add up to 1,745.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Two third rounders to move back and let Arizona select Marvin Harrison Jr, without a #1 or 2 receiver on the team.

Fire Hortiz !!!

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Hortiz did not make the picks, many here believe he and Harbaugh will draft the same way as DeCosta and Ozzie, naturally.
              That’s why Roman the OC, Dissly, and Hurst are already here, not to mention Keenan and Mike gone.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I remember one hit at the LOS or a little behind that has stuck in my mind. Looked like the RB had been hit with high voltage voltage the way his hair stuck straight out at all angles when DP nailed him.
                Perryman hit with serious violence when he got a clean shot. he was suspended recently for using the top of his helmet. He plays a little rough but Harbaugh might like that.
                That Perryman hit on Eddie Lacy is at 3:45 in this vid. Lacy's hair was flying all over the place. The reason I remember that hit is because Perryman was a rookie and the 5-11, 250 lb Lacy was the most brutal RB in the league at that time, coming off back-to-back 1100+ yard seasons with 20 TDs. As you'll see if you watch it, Lacy got low to try to power through the hit, but Perryman, who is only 5-10, got lower and drove Lacy backward off his feet. This is actually a good vid of Perryman making some hard hits when he was a Charger.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  Two third rounders to move back and let Arizona select Marvin Harrison Jr, without a #1 or 2 receiver on the team.

Fire Hortiz !!!
                  A big fat yes! MHJ is over hyped and has some diva in him IMO. Odunze will be the better all around WR. I’d rather have the picks and I honestly think Bowers can fall to 11.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The grand Charger tradition of ushering LBs on their last legs out of the league. Spikes, Davis, Kendricks and now Denzel.
                    Godfrey

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Could see it, or the very rare 3 team trade.
                      there has to be serious wheeling and dealing going on behind the scenes - Minnesota threw down the gauntlet with that trade for the 23rd pick and now everyone is watching.

we stand to probably benefit in some way with our pick at #5. we aren't exactly in the middle of the street (picks 3 and 4), but we are standing right on the curb.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

Zay should have gone higher …. To the Chargers. Quibbling over their two draft positions is really splitting hairs, don’t you think. TT never properly valued speed, across the entire roster.

Hortiz was not in charge of BAL drafts, Hortiz made zero picks in his tenure at BAL. I’m not sure how long it will take people here to translate this fact into usable information.
                        ? No he technically didnt sign the cards. The GMs didnt' make decisions w out input from their staffs either. Hortiz was in charge of college and then all scouting and had input in everything they did.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

there has to be serious wheeling and dealing going on behind the scenes - Minnesota threw down the gauntlet with that trade for the 23rd pick and now everyone is watching.

we stand to probably benefit in some way with our pick at #5. we aren't exactly in the middle of the street (picks 3 and 4), but we are standing right on the curb.
                          yep, if Keenan didn’t like to run his mouth so much we wouldn’t have known the Texans and Jets were in on it too. Hope he got the Pickett treatment.
                          Imagine 99% of the discussions are never known by us.

Comment

Working...
                          X