Clear All
  • AFboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2018
    • Balboa Park bench
    • Medical Simulation
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    And another thing AFboltfan (+ CanadianBoltFan, et al) ...yes we don't have our final roster yet.

That can come as late as after Week 1, Regular Season, when veteran contracts are no longer guaranteed.

A draft this deep at WR will naturally lead to surplus veteran Herbert friendly WRs being released post draft.

There is already a surplus of RBs.

Harbaugh knows he must have balance and bargain priced weapons.
    Completely agree... We need a vet in the WR room and Palmer doesn't cut it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I want your draft mock with only picks which have dendrology, xylology, forestry, arboriculture, or other related wood-associated names. I guess we’d accept lumberjack affiliations as well

Ready … and … GO!

chainsaw GIF
      Oh.
      OK.
      I touted Forest Lamp the famous Charger bust.
      And Alex Cappa, the former Humboldt State Lumberjack.
      It's all about the Offensive Guards.

Gotta go.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Yeah, agree - I’m still taking my R7 pick. I was thinking I couldn’t remember a single chargers R7 player that was ever any good, so I asked Chat GPT if there were any. To my surprise, Chat GPT told me these were R7 picks

Michael Turner - but he was taken in R5 2004
        Tyrell Williams - he was really a UDFA
        Malcom Floyd- he was really a UDFA in 2004

When I asked Chat GPT about these errors, it said oh sorry, mybad.
        Lesson I learned: Chat GPT is a fucking lazy lying hack, beware the future of AI!

I told Chat all 3 were wrong, and it came back ok, really, for reals, Isaac Rochel was Rd7 2017. I checked that one and it was true.

Anyone know a SINGLE other Charger ever drafted in R7 that was a decent player at all? So far we got 1 in history of the team … a so-so IDL JAG - roster filler.
        I just think for 7th rounders - you are just trying to find a needle in a haystack and it gives the team an advantage with UDFAs. The signing bonuses are nominal so they are good to have

But when I talk about getting extra draft picks - its by Round 4 and even 5. Not that I am turning away the 6th and 7th round comp picks - glad to have them. But I also know low probability and players like Max Duggan are wasted picks. He wasn't an accurate thrower of the football. Now you want to draft a guy that runs fast with suspect hands - thats fine. You want to draft a guy who might excel on special teams, thats fine

I personally think one area you use 7th round picks on are guys that might be hurt that you can hide on IR for a year. Call them up and make a deal with them - especially if they were borderline but got hurt near the end of the season and will miss the season - can just hide them but have them in your building for cheap.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

ok, i thought i was the only who thought some of them were fantasy land. i did not want to say anything.
          LOL.
          Actually, props to everyone for being so engaged.
          This has been a good, no great draft lead up at TPB.
          Lots of great reading.
          And thought provoking
          football takes.

Soon, Dane Brugler's The Beast will be out.

We all have one month to really get our shit together.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Does anyone think the Chargers big board looks anything like PFF or PFN or Drafttek etc ?

Have fun with your machine mocks, and ridiculous internet winning trades, but for the sake of the children, please temper that with some non fantasy, Charger centric concepts.
            I think it will be closer to Chaincrusher's beloved experts big board than what occurred under TT.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Sarcasm I assume? FA evaluations was one of the worst of TT's attributes, just ahead of cap management, drafting, player evaluation, etc, etc.
              Linsley, Okung, Pouncey, ...... good pickups for a time, but each lasted only 2 years and they were then back in a bind at key positions
              Woodhead and Dunlap lasted less than 2 years.

TT either signed busts, or guys who couldn't stay healthy: Mebane had only one good year, the cb from the Chiefs only one year.

Look at the Chiefs: free agents that stay healthy and fit the team. Not all hits but generally a very high percentage.

Only one Casey Hayward in Telesco's 11 years: no one else even close. Deplorable!

Outside of the first half of the 1rst round (amplified by having a lot of crappy teams) and some nice rookie free agents, Telesco was a complete bust.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why? These are my least favorite players that will be maybe good but not great players. Odunze will be a good player but not Great like the other 3 receivers including Bryan Thomas. Bowers is a wasted draft pick at #5.
                Id bet Odunze is a very good one. To each their own about Bowers but i think you just want a WR so bad, you are discounting him. But ok.

Dude would be a big weapon for us in many ways a WR will not. But i get it....id like a good WR too but thing is, there are plenty in this draft. We going to run at least 55% of the time to the point many here will say we dont throw enough and unleash Herbert, we are wasting his talent,.... and the playcalling sucks. I can see it now

You know JJ McCarthy only threw 332 passes in 15 games. Only threw 8 passes against Penn st and some draft talkers are using that against him for his draft ranking saying he only threw for 2900 yards, yada,yada.

Now he isnt Herbert, i get that but point is.... we will run.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Yeah, agree - I’m still taking my R7 pick. I was thinking I couldn’t remember a single chargers R7 player that was ever any good, so I asked Chat GPT if there were any. To my surprise, Chat GPT told me these were R7 picks

Lesson I learned: Chat GPT is a fucking lazy lying hack, beware the future of AI!

I told Chat all 3 were wrong, and it came back ok, really, for reals, Isaac Rochel was Rd7 2017. I checked that one and it was true.

Anyone know a SINGLE other Charger ever drafted in R7 that was a decent player at all? So far we got 1 in history of the team … a so-so IDL JAG - roster filler.
                  LOL...i never use Chat GPT so i cant relate but that was funny.

We have had a couple interesting 7ths. Brandon Siler was decent. Olivea had a couple decent years, Trent Green was a round 8 pick who went on to have a decent career, The infamous AJ pick of Demetrius Byrd in round 7, Andrew Gachkar was a good STs player, Issaac Rochell was a OK filler....he was Bosa's backup...lol. Thats typical Telesco depth piece, and i liked Justin Jackson when he was healthy, ....thats all i got.

But...the shit drafting of TT is now gone.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2024, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The way people talk about him on here he's like some kind of weird cult figure football player. I'm never really into that mindset and just want very good players on our team. I really don't see him as the next winslow or gates and we want to take him at #5. Just Silly. Also, a lot of people are passing on receivers in one of the deepest drafts ever and we take one in the 4th round. Just Silly...Our fan base is Chargering....
                    Fair enough. I don't think Bowers will the next Winslow or Gates but he will have that opportunity in this offense. He is going to be a mismatch nightmare for DC regardless of where he goes. A lot of really good WRs are going to be pushed down the draft board, not because they are less talented but because this draft is loaded with really good WRs. WRs that are going to be picked in the 4th rnd could easily go in the 2nd rnd in any other draft year. We might even see a run on WRs in the 2nd or 3rd rnd so we will see.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Completely agree... We need a vet in the WR room and Palmer doesn't cut it.
                      Matt Smith says Michael Thomas on a 1 year prove it deal is that guy

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

And another thing AFboltfan (+ CanadianBoltFan, et al) ...yes we don't have our final roster yet.

That can come as late as after Week 1, Regular Season, when veteran contracts are no longer guaranteed.

A draft this deep at WR will naturally lead to surplus veteran Herbert friendly WRs being released post draft.

There is already a surplus of RBs.

Harbaugh knows he must have balance and bargain priced weapons.
                        "Bargain priced weapons" is the new "dumpster dive"

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Shane Olivea is the only one I can remember: 7th round in the miracle 2004 draft.

Justin Jackson was decent, just injury prone. He won the Chargers one or two games.

Do AI bots use the term "for real"? - very clever are they.

How many AI bots are forum members here?

Comment

Working...
                          X