• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id bet Odunze is a very good one. To each their own about Bowers but i think you just want a WR so bad, you are discounting him. But ok.

Dude would be a big weapon for us in many ways a WR will not. But i get it....id like a good WR too but thing is, there are plenty in this draft. We going to run at least 55% of the time to the point many here will say we dont throw enough and unleash Herbert, we are wasting his talent,.... and the playcalling sucks. I can see it now

You know JJ McCarthy only threw 332 passes in 15 games. Only threw 8 passes against Penn st and some draft talkers are using that against him for his draft ranking saying he only threw for 2900 yards, yada,yada.

Now he isnt Herbert, i get that but point is.... we will run.
    And we will go deep, and you can't generally run the ball with 8 defenders in the box ... no matter how well both tight ends block.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why? These are my least favorite players that will be maybe good but not great players. Odunze will be a good player but not Great like the other 3 receivers including Bryan Thomas. Bowers is a wasted draft pick at #5.
      I think Bowers would be amazing at #11 but he's mocked to go to NYJ at #10

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I think Bowers would be amazing at #11 but he's mocked to go to NYJ at #10
        Jets need OL I do not believe they will draft TE

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Jets need OL I do not believe they will draft TE
          They’ve filled their OL pre-draft. Their biggest hole now appears to be TE
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

"Winny Woody"

I'm on board.
            Did you say 'Whiney Woody'?

Comment

• bman6555
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Id bet Odunze is a very good one. To each their own about Bowers but i think you just want a WR so bad, you are discounting him. But ok.

Dude would be a big weapon for us in many ways a WR will not. But i get it....id like a good WR too but thing is, there are plenty in this draft. We going to run at least 55% of the time to the point many here will say we dont throw enough and unleash Herbert, we are wasting his talent,.... and the playcalling sucks. I can see it now

You know JJ McCarthy only threw 332 passes in 15 games. Only threw 8 passes against Penn st and some draft talkers are using that against him for his draft ranking saying he only threw for 2900 yards, yada,yada.

Now he isnt Herbert, i get that but point is.... we will run.
              Last year a grand total of zero teams ran more than they passed.
              In the current NFL you need to pass to set up the run.
              Teams need to respect the risk of pass, otherwise it's easy to put 8 in the box and stop the run, as the Titans learned even with the likes of a Henry.
              Right now we have no one on the roster that teams need to respect in the pass game.
              Could we hit on a 2nd-4th round receiver, yes, but I think the position needs an impact player and right now the best way of doing that is grabbing one of the top 3 in the draft.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

Last year a grand total of zero teams ran more than they passed.
                In the current NFL you need to pass to set up the run.
                Teams need to respect the risk of pass, otherwise it's easy to put 8 in the box and stop the run, as the Titans learned even with the likes of a Henry.
                Right now we have no one on the roster that teams need to respect in the pass game.
                Could we hit on a 2nd-4th round receiver, yes, but I think the position needs an impact player and right now the best way of doing that is grabbing one of the top 3 in the draft.
                Yes we want to be balanced, we want to run better, we want to play bully ball. But what works in college doesn't work in the pros. Why is there such a bevy of talented WRs and less RBs?

We'd be best served to be a run last team rather than a run first team. Meaning we run to put the game away in the 4th when we've staked ourselves a lead and just need to kill clock.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

With all due respect I am not sure that Tyrone Smith who is 33 or 34, injury prone over past couple of seasons and is on 1 year deal solve their OL needs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Agreed. Granted Moses and Smith are probably not the long term answer for the Jets at OT -- with VP A-A -Ron having a year or two left, Bowers probably helps them more than OT does at this point to maximize the offense.

If the Chargers wanted Bowers or a WR - need to take them at 5. If you are trading down to MN - its to get multiple players

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

They did but with a couple 33 year olds and Smith has had injuries. But yes I can see them going TE. I've also read they may trade back to try and recoup that 2nd or just more picks.

Who knows right now but they are tie only thing in the way of Bowers. Of course another team could trade up for him I suppose.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

They did but with a couple 33 year olds and Smith has had injuries. But yes I can see them going TE. I've also read they may trade back to try and recoup that 2nd or just more picks.

Who knows right now but they are tie only thing in the way of Bowers. Of course another team could trade up for him I suppose.
                        If the Chargers move from 5 to 11 - they are saying they know they are probably not getting Odunze or Bowers - but thats okay as the multiple picks are more important than one player. At least that is how I think they should be viewing it

And if Bowers is there at 11 or Odunze, could create a "good problem"

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers move from 5 to 11 - they are saying they know they are probably not getting Odunze or Bowers - but thats okay as the multiple picks are more important than one player. At least that is how I think they should be viewing it

And if Bowers is there at 11 or Odunze, could create a "good problem"
                          Thomas, Thomas Thomas....
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X